Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE LADS "

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:50 am

my dad has just retired a few months ago, was hoping to enjoy his twilight years and was diagnosed with cancer yesterday.
he`s been a proper lifelong cardiff fan and after we all shed a few tears in the hospital and dried our eyes he asked if we signed anyone yesterday.
if you got 2 mins spare please leave a message and i`ll read them to him in the hospital. it`ll cheer him up no end
cheers lads x

Re: PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE LADS

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:55 am

Thinking of you & your family. Remember Bluebirds live forever. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:57 am

i dont know your dad but my thoughts are with him and your family.
keep strong and get well soon fellow bluebird

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:59 am

Sorry to hear that Nugent but please pass on my best wishes to your Dad. Cancer is the curse of Satan but now hopefully if caught early can be treated. Hope to see you and your Dad down the City soon and tell him to fight this because he will be watching Premiership football next season. Good luck to all of your Family Chief
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:04 am

All the best in yor retirement fellow bluebird.. You know doubt deserve and have earnd the right to finaly put yor feet up mate :ayatollah: dont let yor chin go down mate.. You are a lifelong bluebird and an absulute credit to our club.. Yor a role model to all the younger bluebirds generation like myself who are only just startin out on our jurney.. And im shure we will all be celebrating as 1 come the end of the season BLUEBIRDS :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:05 am

Sorry to hear about your father Nugent and obviously I don't know how far advanced the cancer is, but my message to your father would be that just like Swansea City you can throughly beat it if you are dertmind enough :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:14 am

Good luck to him and hopefully he can beat the cancer. Bluebirds can beat anyone and anything on their day :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:17 am

Best wishes to your dad nugent, hope he gets well soon and is cheering the City on with the rest of us :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:17 am

Time to put football and rivalry aside. This is a subject close to me after losing both my mother and father to the dreaded disease. Be tough as there are many others who have fought and beat the big "c". All the best from a Jack.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:20 am

Sorry to hear about your dad Nugent!

Tell him to dig in and fight the horrible bloody disease and that we need him down the City, especially as we'll be in the Premiership next season! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:21 am

Oi Nugents dad, sort it out fellow Bluebird and gives us a :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Speedy recovery my friend :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:24 am

Very sorry to hear this, many people are affected by cancer but many also have positive news on their illnesses, and I hope similarly the very best in your case. As a life long proud bluebird we know you'll fight through this horrible time and we will all be behind you wishing you the best! Good Luck. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:29 am

nugent wrote:my dad has just retired a few months ago, was hoping to enjoy his twilight years and was diagnosed with cancer yesterday.
he`s been a proper lifelong cardiff fan and after we all shed a few tears in the hospital and dried our eyes he asked if we signed anyone yesterday.
if you got 2 mins spare please leave a message and i`ll read them to him in the hospital. it`ll cheer him up no end
cheers lads x

very sorry to hear this, yesterday my mother informed me that her cancer had returned so believe me when i say i know what you feeling.... my thoughts and very best wishes go to your dad, yourself and ALL your family & friends :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:38 am

Very sorry to hear the news nugent mate, best wishes to a fellow BLUEBIRD and a speedy recovery. Thoughts are with u. BLUEBIRDS :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:47 am

Thoughts are with you and your family :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:55 am

thoughts are with you and your family mate.
hes a bluebird so hes a fighter. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:55 am

Good luck fella. Keep fighting and stay strong.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:08 pm

Terrible news i went through it with my father many years ago, try and keep him smiling and just hope the city do him proud cause he sounds like a character

Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:10 pm

Sorry to hear buddy. Hope he can fight the dreded disease and have a few more happy years. Thinking of you and your family at this sad time :old: :old: :old:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:00 pm

Please keep fighting and battling, despite the body blow news you and your family have received you must promise the readers on here that you will fight this all the way. The improvement rates are the best they have ever been for cancer and from experience do not allow it to mentally drag you down. Your son and family will be mentally willing you all the way and doing their best and I hope your able to find the strength to combat this. Keep busy whether that be reading this messageboard, or playing chess on the computer :D whatever it takes rather than allow the mind to wander and thats half the battle. Best wishes and know your not alone in your fight :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:16 pm

Best Wishes to your Father my Father in Law was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago and after treatment (Which initially he didn't want) he made a full recovery and now he's back behaving like Victor Meldrew :lol:

So my message is take all the treatment they can offer because if diagnosed and treated early the survival chances are very high so good luck and stay strong because we need every single City fan we can muster next season never mind what division we are in :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:23 pm

All the best to your dad Nugent. None of my immediate family have suffered with the big c but its family when it comes to a fellow Bluebird. I wish him well.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:38 pm

Hi mate,

my thoughts are with you and your family.

I truly hope he beats this cruel disease and has the opportunity to watch our beloved bluebirds in the premiership, sat there right next to you where he truly belongs.

kindest regards

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:40 pm

We are all family so get well soon fellow bluebird.

My mark of respect will be to make this topic a sticky for 24hrs! ;-)

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:43 pm

Thoughts are with you all, sad news :cry:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:43 pm

wish u and ur family all the best and hope ur dad fights off this terrible disease :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Your dad can beat this and cheer with us in the prem next season. Keep strong :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:08 pm

Do not know your dad but obviously wish him all the best in these sad times

Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:20 pm

Good luck to your dad Nugent, went through the same with my father in law last year so have an idea what your family is going through. Hopefully the dream of the Premiership will keep him strong :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:32 pm

OI, BLUEBIRD!!.......... you CAN beat this b*stard disease!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Best of luck, some hard times ahead but you can do it ;)