Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

QPR disciplinary gone quiet.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:25 am

Anybody know anything new?

I was discussing about the potenial punishment for QPR with a friend (QPR Fan) the other day. He hopes nothing to harsh will be handed because it might cost them promotion.

What we seemed to disagree on was should the punishment be based on their position in the league. In other words proportionate to the potential consequences the duciplinary might have. Like not gaining a £90 or so million for promotion.

In my opinion, they should be dealt what's fair without taking league position into account. Like for like, would it be fair to serve a lower mid table club a softer punishment because of their league position?

I really don't know what punishment would be fair, but there needs to be consistency in the FA on issues like this.

Re: QPR disciplinary gone quiet.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:17 pm

Have been told a few different things but yesterday was told by a pal in the game that whatever happens the FA will not stop us going up should we do so.

It seems like if we win the league by 9 points the FA will hand us down an 8 point deduction therefore having put there foot down & at the same time we go up by a point & the matter is closed.

As I say this is just hear say at the mo but does make sense.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:20 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Have been told a few different things but yesterday was told by a pal in the game that whatever happens the FA will not stop us going up should we do so.

It seems like if we win the league by 9 points the FA will hand us down an 8 point deduction therefore having put there foot down & at the same time we go up by a point & the matter is closed.

As I say this is just hear say at the mo but does make sense.

Oh well hope you have a good goal difference just in case you win promotion by a point :lol:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:26 pm

:lol:

About 20 better than the next nearest.

What I was told was that if we win league by 6 it will be a 5 point deduction, if we win by 4 points it will be a 3 point deduction.

He assures me we won't be stopped from going up. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:32 pm

Seems pointless even doing it in that case!

Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:41 pm

Find all that hard to believe. It will cause more controversy than anything.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:54 pm

Why would it?

At the end of the day they would have handed out a points deduction & end of story.

It seems people are waiting for us to be stripped of points & stop us going up which in effect would amount to a £90m fine.

It won't happen.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:01 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Why would it?

At the end of the day they would have handed out a points deduction & end of story.

It seems people are waiting for us to be stripped of points & stop us going up which in effect would amount to a £90m fine.

It won't happen.

Your going to go up with a 6 point or 10 point deduction though, what would be the need in taking points for the sake of taking points yet knowing to leave enough so that you still win the league? It all seems a bit fruitless to me! Might as well just fine your rich owners ten million instead!

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:09 pm

Its hardly gonna be portrayed like that though is it. I heard that off the record as such. Might even be bollox who knows.

Imagine the scenario.

Ok QPR you are very naughty don't do that again we punish you to a 7 point deduction.

QPR-ok sorry Mr FA that was very harsh punishment luckily we've won the league by 8 points. Phew ;)

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:57 pm

It's all well and good hearing off the record - have QPR even responded to the charges as of yet?

Going up is irrelevant to the punishment.

IF found guilty on the serious charges, then strong punishment is needed - if that stops you going up, so be it. Nobody can reasonably claim a team could cheat and get a more lenient punishment than a mid table team.

It's also worth pointing out Swindon, when found guilty of v serious charges not only had promotion blocked but were in fact relegated a division.

Though it has to be said, reading the QPR forums is fun - so many ITK getting things utterly wrong...

Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:10 pm

Every msg board thrives on rumours but I trust my guy. So we will see.

We're going up I'm absolutely sure of that.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:18 pm

You may well. Just that claiming you'd get a lesser punishment if found guilty due to going up woud be silly.

have you responded to the charges?

Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:20 pm

Wouldn't be silly if that's what's gonna happen. You will never know & I'm sure neither will I. If anyone thinks things like that don't happen they need to wake up & smell the coffee mate.

I presume our legal people have responded, we had 14 days to do so & that time has now expired.

Onwards & upwards Premiership here we come :D

Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:02 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Wouldn't be silly if that's what's gonna happen. You will never know & I'm sure neither will I. If anyone thinks things like that don't happen they need to wake up & smell the coffee mate.

I presume our legal people have responded, we had 14 days to do so & that time has now expired.

Onwards & upwards Premiership here we come :D

Im certain it wont go the way you've painted it. The FA will have to decide BEFORE the end of the season on the punishment and if they leave it until after and manipulate it they will have their ass sued, badly, and they wont stand a chance -like with the West Ham one.

Its probably going to be nothing more than a fine, as as soon as they start issuing points deductions they are in the realms of 'how many' and the stakes are too high for them to risk the wrath of either QPR or the team that finishes 3rd.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:09 pm

It won't happen.

i for 1 hope if you win the championship,you stay the winners!i would hate it if,it happened to us(still waiting for something ridsdale done, to bite us on the ass).we've all had corropt chairmen

Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:20 pm

boxerbob wrote:

It won't happen.

i for 1 hope if you win the championship,you stay the winners!i would hate it if,it happened to us(still waiting for something ridsdale done, to bite us on the ass).we've all had corropt chairmen

So basically, IF found guilty of serious charges, just give a fine because they won the title?

What about a mid table team? Dock them points for cheating and being mediocre?

IF a club cheated, a punishment is needed to fit the crime. Anything else is just pure bs...

Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:29 pm

nerd wrote:
boxerbob wrote:

It won't happen.

So basically, IF found guilty of serious charges, just give a fine because they won the title?

What about a mid table team? Dock them points for cheating and being mediocre?

IF a club cheated, a punishment is needed to fit the crime. Anything else is just pure bs...

i can see where your coming from nerd.i just feel sorry for the fans!

Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:25 pm

Whatever punishment the FA hand us will be adequate. It just won't be enough to deny us our inevitable promotion. Otherwise as I said previously it would be the equivalent to a £90m fine. Won't happen.

As mentioned above I'm sure their is a few skeletons knocking around in the broom cupboards of the ccs... ;)

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:02 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Whatever punishment the FA hand us will be adequate. It just won't be enough to deny us our inevitable promotion. Otherwise as I said previously it would be the equivalent to a £90m fine. Won't happen.

As mentioned above I'm sure their is a few skeletons knocking around in the broom cupboards of the ccs... ;)

i dont understand how you can say it would equate to a 90 million fine, if you get points deducted & a fine, annd it stops you getting promoted then you never really had that 90 million to loose!

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:27 pm

brewer918 wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:Whatever punishment the FA hand us will be adequate. It just won't be enough to deny us our inevitable promotion. Otherwise as I said previously it would be the equivalent to a £90m fine. Won't happen.

i dont understand how you can say it would equate to a 90 million fine, if you get points deducted & a fine, annd it stops you getting promoted then you never really had that 90 million to loose!

Think outside the box mate ;)

Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:43 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
brewer918 wrote:

Think outside the box mate ;)

Its simple really.

If QPR have broken the rules then they should be punished.

If the rules say they should be fined, then fine them.
If they say points, then knock of however many points are applicable as per the rules.

Any simple rule book would have the penalty written up alongside and potential breach.

Its irrelevent whether its enough to stop them going up or not. IF, in the unlikely event its enough to stop you going up, then you've only got the people who run your club to blame.

Any other approach will end up with huge compensation claims.

What I dont get is why a club with so much money behind them has had to abuse the rules of the FA ?

Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:46 am

Lawnmower wrote:What I dont get is why a club with so much money behind them has had to abuse the rules of the FA ?

Unproven as yet Lawn ;)

Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:03 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:What I dont get is why a club with so much money behind them has had to abuse the rules of the FA ?

Unproven as yet Lawn ;)

When the evidence and defence is considered then if its the case it cant be proven then I cant see how they can sanction any punishment.

Personally, and I havent been following it any more than the discussions on here, I thought they had evidence to prove an offence had taken place and QPR were presenting evidence to try to prove they HAD stuck to procedure.

Just want to hope they werent relying n the post.. :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 371741.stm

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:00 pm

i dont think a club should ever get points deducted,most of the people in football now are just greedy buisnessmen only concerned about profit,if they break rules and liquidate a club why should they care,just move on to the next corrupt buisness venture, a heavy fine and a total ban from getting involved in football again if necessary

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:20 pm

englishbluebird wrote:i dont think a club should ever get points deducted,most of the people in football now are just greedy buisnessmen only concerned about profit,if they break rules and liquidate a club why should they care,just move on to the next corrupt buisness venture, a heavy fine and a total ban from getting involved in football again if necessary

Good view.

Maybe we should contact Tan and ask him to budget for us to heavily break the rules next season. Since no points should ever be deducted :roll:

F*** teams that play by the rules then....

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:26 pm

nerd wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:i dont think a club should ever get points deducted,most of the people in football now are just greedy buisnessmen only concerned about profit,if they break rules and liquidate a club why should they care,just move on to the next corrupt buisness venture, a heavy fine and a total ban from getting involved in football again if necessary

Good view.

Maybe we should contact Tan and ask him to budget for us to heavily break the rules next season. Since no points should ever be deducted :roll:

well if that would happen it should be Tan punished financially and not the players and the fans,thats my point quite clearly

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:34 pm

englishbluebird wrote:
nerd wrote:

Good view.

well if that would happen it should be Tan punished financially and not the players and the fans,thats my point quite clearly

Yes.

And it's a stupid point.

Say QPR have cheated, are found guilty.

NOBODY cheats to tjheir own disadvantage.

Hence QPR gained an advantage over OTHER TEAMS who obeyed the rules.

How exactly would having no points deducted, fine given try to make amends with those teams who had been cheated against?

The farcical claim no points should ever be deducted simply means "cheat at all costs... if you can afford it".

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:05 pm

thats why there needs to be stricter measures to make sure these scumbags wont get a way with just a slap on the wrist,do you think ridsdale really gave a shit when leeds were deducted points no he just walked straight into a new job like nothing happened.These people if faced with a lifetime ban from football and a black mark against their reputation would soon start following the rules.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:34 pm

Yes, those people involved need to be banned.

No argument there.

You're however trying to give a bs argument that would be enough action.

IF QPR found guilty, IF they only get a fine... I wonder if you'd keept the "fine only" argument is we finished 3rd and lost out in the playoffs...

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:50 pm

[quote="nerd"]Yes, those people involved need to be banned.

No argument there.

You're however trying to give a bs argument that would be enough action.

IF QPR found guilty, IF they only get a fine... I wonder if you'd keept the "fine only" argument is we finished 3rd and lost out in the playoffs...[/quote

yes i would,if we finished third its becuase were not a good enough footballing side to gain automatic promotion,im sick of turning on the news and seeing distraught fans and disappointed players suffering coz of some tw*t in a boardroom. if the FA wrote cast iron clear precise rules with severe and LASTING punishment the rules would not be broken and there would not be a need to deduct points.How often were there points deductions before money and greed took over football.
as the limp rules are now QPR may be deducted a certain amount of points which wont be fair on a team that have far and away been the best team in our league