Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IT HAS BEEN WORKED OUT

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:19 am

That fuel is 55p with VAT 65p all the rest is 2 ! Yes 2 lots of Tax.that we pay at the pumps . Now tell me this, if you were one of country that was producing oil for the world, and you seen a government like we have putting all that tax on it for there own gain.
Wouldn't you think fk we are give them oil at a low price and they are making vast profits for it. So we want more out of it our self's after all we are playing ball with the world , but governments like the UK are taking the piss.

Once you put up fuel like this government has done ,over the years everything in the whole country goes up as we all know.
Now the other day he said he has given us around 6p of fuel, cos he didn't put up the fuel like was on the cards to do, but he took 1p off. In real terms with the tax going to the oil company's ,But they know the company's pass this onto the pumps, so soon it will go back up again , BUT and this is where the government think they are clever, when it do go up, they the government, cant then say it wasn't them it was the oil company's ,who put it up. So in truth the government still get it off us ,but they think we don't see or know this, and another con by the cons .

Re: IT HAS BEEN WORKED OUT

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:38 am

Where else would you prefer this tax to be allocated? After all the government we elect has to be funded. Choosing a big spending government means paying higher taxes. We are now having to repay the borrowing of the previous Liebour government. Wars don't come cheap.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:41 am

The question we should be asking is how can America keep the price of diesel and petrol so low we are just being taken for idiots by this and the previous Goverment where fuel is concerned as you point out well over 50% of the cost of petrol and diesel goes on tax :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:58 am

All Government's pull tax cons the biggest fraud is increasing National Insurance whilst claiming that 'Income Tax' has gone down.

Basically NI & IT are the same thing and should have been merged long ago.

Personally up until recent years I haven't had too much of a problem with VAT and Duty on petrol as I understand the Government needs to raise revenue and it's better to do it that way than take cash from workers pay packets.

However, the affect that rising petrol prices is having on the price of everything (even if they are zero VAT rated) is now becoming dangerous to the wellbeing of the economy at large.

Instead of raising interest rates to curb inflation (for the life of me I can't see how that's going to help) more must be done to cut fuel duty for businesses so that they can produce and transport commodities more cheaply so prices & therefore inflation begins to come down.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:00 am

Gerry Hat Trick wrote:Where else would you prefer this tax to be allocated? After all the government we elect has to be funded. Choosing a big spending government means paying higher taxes. We are now having to repay the borrowing of the previous Liebour government. Wars don't come cheap.

For a start do use the word WE ! I never and IM pretty sure most on here didn't put that tick in the CONS box.
WARS ? The last wars we were in were to build a land for the men who were lucky to come home with arms and legs gone.
Now the old people who give there all in them wars cant even heat there homes in winter. They have to pick one! Eat or heat.

They have also said WE THE UK ARE OPEN FOR BUISNESS, :lol: :lol: what a Joke! Who or what company's are going to set up here with this new Green TAX ? And I would think it will also hit the steel company's we have here now. And he shouts his mouth off about it that we are the only country to first do this. , YES of course we are , other country's are not so daft as to do this as they know what would happen to industry, and any other country looking to investment, or set up in there country.

They need to do these cut backs over a longer time ,not as they try to do it, they wont suffer its the working people and old people that will suffer. They will sill claim there fuel and other things they want to make up ,back.

I don't need this government to piss down my neck and tell me it raining !

Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:14 pm

blueheaven wrote:The question we should be asking is how can America keep the price of diesel and petrol so low we are just being taken for idiots by this and the previous Goverment where fuel is concerned as you point out well over 50% of the cost of petrol and diesel goes on tax :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

America pays about 16% more corporation tax than us, thats one reason their fuel is cheaper.