Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCS Atmosphere

Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:19 pm

Last Sunday, I attended the Malaga(2) v Espanyol(0) game.
Malaga were 2nd from bottom in La Liga and they sell out their stadium every game, they average similar crowds to us at the CCS.
Why is it that they were 2nd from bottom and we are in the top 6 but their atmosphere was awesome and puts us to shame.
The Canton is normally good though, where I watch the City, but seems poor from other parts of the CCS.
Malaga fans are really positive, back their team so much, produce non-stop singing all game, one man banging a drum, which everyone sang too. Dont think there were 3 seconds between songs. The free Sangria smuggled in the ground helped as well. :D
It goes to show that we can produce this type of atmosphere, its all down to us, just need a lot more positivity from fans, much more vocal support from our supporters at all areas of the CCS for the final stretch of the season.
Lets support the boys and make some noise.
If Malaga can do it in relegation, then so can we..... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: CCS Atmosphere

Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:41 pm

Half the trouble this season is is that everyone is so tense about promotion.

On the flip side, I've been a rugby fan all my life and went to my first city game this season (Millwall home) and was hooked instantly......the atmosphere is electric compared to any rugby match I've ever been to, and I love it. I can only imagine how good it must have been back in the ninian days.

Whether we're in championship or premiership next season, the atmosphere will be better than this season as the weight of expectation and the pressure will have subsided.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:13 pm

Bluebird_in_Barry wrote:Half the trouble this season is is that everyone is so tense about promotion.

On the flip side, I've been a rugby fan all my life and went to my first city game this season (Millwall home) and was hooked instantly......the atmosphere is electric compared to any rugby match I've ever been to, and I love it. I can only imagine how good it must have been back in the ninian days.

Whether we're in championship or premiership next season, the atmosphere will be better than this season as the weight of expectation and the pressure will have subsided.

Im gald you're hooked, Ninian was great, loved the Bob bank terrace where you could walk across and join in with the singing section. All seater stadiums make this harder.
We need all supporters to join in the atmosphere especially the Ninian stand to make our stadium a special place. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:16 am

maybe if we were like their fans we could be down the bottom :lol:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:35 am

MalagaCF wrote:Last Sunday, I attended the Malaga(2) v Espanyol(0) game.
Malaga were 2nd from bottom in La Liga and they sell out their stadium every game, they average similar crowds to us at the CCS.
Why is it that they were 2nd from bottom and we are in the top 6 but their atmosphere was awesome and puts us to shame.
The Canton is normally good though, where I watch the City, but seems poor from other parts of the CCS.
Malaga fans are really positive, back their team so much, produce non-stop singing all game, one man banging a drum, which everyone sang too. Dont think there were 3 seconds between songs. The free Sangria smuggled in the ground helped as well. :D
It goes to show that we can produce this type of atmosphere, its all down to us, just need a lot more positivity from fans, much more vocal support from our supporters at all areas of the CCS for the final stretch of the season.
Lets support the boys and make some noise.
If Malaga can do it in relegation, then so can we..... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Two things I have been told about Malaga

1) a fair proportion of their crowd is made up of British ex-pats

2) their season ticket excludes the Barcelona and Real Madrid games , which have to be paid for seperately

Are either or both of those true?