Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Cancer charity (Marie Curie) "

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:22 pm

i am raising money for the above charity by doing a sponsored shave. i have had a moustache for well over 20 years but in 2 weeks it will be coming off. for those of you that dont know me personally the reason behind this is that i lost my mum to this terrible disease a few years back and thought this way i could collect as much as possible for this gd cause as a small thank you for all the care that was given to my late mum.
i will probally pop into the ninian pub before the Derby game sponsor form in hand to see if a few of the regulars of here would be kind enough to donate :)
in the 1st 24 hours since receiving the pack and sponsor forms i have got £50 worth of pledges without leaving the house so hopefully will raise a tidy amount towards a very worthy cause.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: cancer charity (Marie Curie)

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:00 pm

My Dad died of cancer, so i will give you a donation in the Ninian :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:03 pm

saddam wrote:i am raising money for the above charity by doing a sponsored shave. i have had a moustache for well over 20 years but in 2 weeks it will be coming off. for those of you that dont know me personally the reason behind this is that i lost my mum to this terrible disease a few years back and thought this way i could collect as much as possible for this gd cause as a small thank you for all the care that was given to my late mum.
i will probally pop into the ninian pub before the Derby game sponsor form in hand to see if a few of the regulars of here would be kind enough to donate :)
in the 1st 24 hours since receiving the pack and sponsor forms i have got £50 worth of pledges without leaving the house so hopefully will raise a tidy amount towards a very worthy cause.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Will happily donate to you when I see you in the Ninian

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:15 pm

cheers guys, will also post b4 and after pics up after the event as i have not decided wether i am going to grow it back afterwards as its been so long with it it might not suit me without it :lol: :lol:

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:46 pm

put me down for £5 mate..............although im willing to icrease it to £15 if you tell every one on this message board the reason why your wife haven't let you shave it off in almost 20 years lol :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: all jokes aside great cause many of my family were treated really well by the cancer charity in question may the good work continue :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:52 pm

Make this a sticky and let us know the time and date and we will all contribute to the fund. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:00 pm

MalagaCF wrote:Make this a sticky and let us know the time and date and we will all contribute to the fund. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i agree mate should definately be made a sticky :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:04 pm

warebluebirds wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:Make this a sticky and let us know the time and date and we will all contribute to the fund. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i agree mate should definately be made a sticky :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:28 am

I will be shaving it off before we leave for the doncaster game away. with the landlords permission hopefully be done in the pub so im sure i will have a few photos of the event.
as the words of the song they sing goes
It grows on the left...it grows on the right...saddam's moustache makes hitlers look shyte
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
will post again later on maybe with the reason my missus said i shouldn't shave it off :shock: :shock: :? :? :shock: :shock: which will cost warebluebirds another 10 quid on top of the fiver he has already pledged.
cheers again

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:08 am

saddam wrote:I will be shaving it off before we leave for the doncaster game away. with the landlords permission hopefully be done in the pub so im sure i will have a few photos of the event.
as the words of the song they sing goes
It grows on the left...it grows on the right...saddam's moustache makes hitlers look shyte
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
will post again later on maybe with the reason my missus said i shouldn't shave it off :shock: :shock: :? :? :shock: :shock: which will cost warebluebirds another 10 quid on top of the fiver he has already pledged.
cheers again

lol can't wait..................................... :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:01 am

See you in the Ninian especially after Nugents thread about his Dad. So you will be the Guy without the Mustache eh :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:45 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:See you in the Ninian especially after Nugents thread about his Dad. So you will be the Guy without the Mustache eh :lol: :lol:

Next saturday before Derby i will still have the moustache, the week after away to Doncaster i will be the 1 without it :lol: