Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" JAY LLOYD SAMUEL - PERMANENT DEAL ? "

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:48 pm

I am told that Samuel has signed a loan agreement through to the end of the season and if we are successful in gaining promotion then he will sign permanently for City.

We are fortunate too that City are paying just £8k pw out of his £25k pw wages.

Bolton fans rate Samuel and would have liked to see him stay with them but Owen Coyle does not have the player in his plans.

Credit to Dave Jones for bringing in a signing today as I know he has chased down at least 6 players.

I hope that we all get behind Samuel as he gets himself back to match sharpness.

8 games to go, lets get behind the team and back them to the Premier League.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: JAY LLOYD SAMUEL - PERMANENT DEAL ?

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:48 pm

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:50 pm

carlccfc wrote:I am told that Samuel has signed a loan agreement through to the end of the season and if we are successful in gaining promotion then he will sign permanently for City.

Bolton fans rate Samuel and would have liked to see him stay with them but Owen Coyle does not have the player in his plans.

Credit to Dave Jones for bringing in a signing today as I know he has chased down at least 6 players.

I hope that we all get behind Samuel as he gets himself back to match sharpness.

Well done DJ!

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:50 pm

Great news

carl you confident about us getting collins and this striker? :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:51 pm

just what we need, a left back that hasnt played all season
well done dave jones :roll:

it will take him at least 8 games to get fit as he hasn't played a lot this season.dave jones needs a rocket up his backside as we needed a centre half and striker :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:
carlccfc wrote:I am told that Samuel has signed a loan agreement through to the end of the season and if we are successful in gaining promotion then he will sign permanently for City.

well done dj :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Well done DJ!

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:53 pm

streamfeeder wrote:just what we need, a left back that hasnt played all season
well done dave jones :roll:

Unbelievable!! Were you expecting Ashley Cole? :lol:

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:54 pm

chopper wrote:it will take him at least 8 games to get fit as he hasn't played a lot this season.dave jones needs a rocket up his backside as we needed a centre half and striker :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

This isn't championship manager or fantasy football Chopper! :lol:

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:55 pm

glammy74 wrote:Great news

Glammy the longer the time that passes by without the phone call the more I am believing that neither were successful but not through the lack of trying.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:56 pm

Many people on this forum think that a left back who hasn't played all season is an upgrade on Naylor! :D :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:56 pm

ashley cole no way mate maybe andy cole.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:57 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Glammy the longer the time that passes by without the phone call the more I am believing that neither were successful but not through the lack of trying.

Carl, who was the striker?

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:58 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Many people on this forum think that a left back who hasn't played all season is an upgrade on Naylor! :D :ayatollah:

My aunty Eirlys is an upgrade on Naylor!!! :lol:

Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:59 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:02 pm

ive always been a dave jones fan but i think he's lost the plot in the last few weeks ;) i think he's missed a trick in the transfer window :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:03 pm

carlccfc wrote:

so we still got hope ;)

il give it till 8, if its no news ill accept it :lol:

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:04 pm

Carl,

I thought the window closed at 5pm today - when you say you're less hopeful on any further signings, do you mean 'hearing' of any more that took place, or is there an extended perios that we can still bring people in?

Paul

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:05 pm

fp i hope im wrong, but hes been awful every game ive seen him play ( only 4 games but it doesnt give me personally a good impression)

hopefully ive just caught him on a bad day every time, hopefully he can keep our left side of defence solid and we can play kev in centre

:) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:08 pm

Thanks for the update Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Glad to see we are paying just £8k of the wage.

I think now we will get more girls to watch our games now,each game should be a sell out if......

You tell your friends at the Echo - front page headline "CARDIFF SIGN JLS" ;)

kEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MATE. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:10 pm

8k even better :ayatollah: Carl do you know if Dave Jones has a reserve game planned, to give the players some players game team?

Re: " JAY LLOYD SAMUEL - PERMANENT DEAL ? "

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:16 pm

I posted this Yesterday Carl

Re: J LLOYD SAMUEL TO CARDIFF ........
by Forever Blue » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:22 pm

My mate Tony from Bolton, has just said he was their best left back until he got injured, then there was a managerial change.
Then Megson brought in Paul Robinson from WBA,then Owen Coyle has signed a young left back from Real Madrid Marcus Alonso.
Samuel is out of contract end of this season.

Defensive wise a solid player, but he does not go forward enough.

He has been playing reserve football for the last 6 weeks.
Not fit yet.
His Wages are about £25,000 a week.

And posted This just Now, I WAS TOTALLY WRONG

viewforum.php?f=2 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:19 pm

a good signing, the more players we have at this stage the better

you have to laugh at some of our fans, moan moan moan, would moan if we signed wayne bridge, or ashley cole,

carlccfc wrote:

Doesn't make any sense for Jones to be after Kamara then just suddenly turn his attention to a leftback (i know Hudson is injured but so's Chopra)

Lets hope something got through last minute for whoever it may be.

Forever Blue wrote:I posted this Yesterday Carl

Re: J LLOYD SAMUEL TO CARDIFF ........
by Forever Blue » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:22 pm

My mate Tony from Bolton, has just said he was their best left back until he got injured, then there was a managerial change.
Then Megson brought in Paul Robinson from WBA,then Owen Coyle has signed a young left back from Real Madrid Marcus Alonso.
Samuel is out of contract end of this season.

Defensive wise a solid player, but he does not go forward enough.

He has been playing reserve football for the last 6 weeks.
Not fit yet.
His Wages are about £25,000 a week.

^^^^^Really? Just what we need with only 8 games left :evil:

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:34 pm

Keep up at the back! :lol:

posted this early hours yesterday morning - allbeit, mine is a lot shorter version - but same post!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40314

Didnt want to make it a sticky as Annis takes the piss because he thinks everything i post is a sticky!! but hey, still got nearly 3000 views! ;-)

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:36 pm

Merlin wrote:

Keep up at the back! :lol:

posted this early hours yesterday morning - allbeit, mine is a lot shorter version - but same post!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40314

Didnt want to make it a sticky as Annis takes the piss because he thinks everything i post is a sticky!! but hey, still got nearly 3000 views! ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40459 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:47 pm

Tidy, I can't get my head round his name yet, I keep telling the Gypo's at work we've signed Samual L Jackson :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:43 pm

Clearly points to DJ moving McNaughton to CB alongside Keinan

Wouldn't be surprised if we see
Quinn - Keinan - McNaughton - JLS
after the international break.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:10 pm

http://www.boltonbanter.com/forum/view_ ... forum_id=2

These Bolton fans are very happy that they have got shot of him. A guy that hasn't played for a year and hasn't played many games in 10 years doesn't fill me with confidence. Mind you nor does DJ.