Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WALES TEAM TO PLAY ENGLAND?

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:02 pm

Hard to know where I'd play Bellamy, because Bale would be left wing and I'm not convinced about Bellamy as a lone striker really, and even if i was, who else is there to play on the right wing? i cant think of anybody decent....

I'd go for...

--------------------Hennessey---------------------
Gunter--J.Collins------------Williams--D.Collins
----------Ramsey-------------Vaughan------------
Bellamy--------------King----------------------Bale
---------------------Church-------------------------

Was a tough choice between Church and Morison but I still remember a few years back when I went to watch Wales U21s play England U21's, we lost 3-2 i think it was...but aside from Darcy Blake (who marked Agbonlahor out of the game at centre half), Church was the best player on the pitch for Wales, i'd never heard of him at the time but his first goal was class and I remember thinking he'd be quality in a few years.

Re: WALES TEAM TO PLAY ENGLAND?

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:20 pm

Looks a strong team and will nullify the English midfield. What we have to make sure is though our wing backs treck back because lennon is a shifty little character and will run us ragged so we need to double up on him lol. Just hipe collins and Williams can handle Carroll in the air because he is a machine up top. :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:21 pm

oh and Vaughan only just snuck in over Ledley, so that he can hold and let Rambo pretty much have a free role and support Andy King from the middle

im sure Speed will play Ramsey Vaughan Ledley though... big mistake imo if he does.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:23 pm

decent selection be chuffed if we got a draw tbh

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:23 pm

Blue Army wrote:Looks a strong team and will nullify the English midfield. What we have to make sure is though our wing backs treck back because lennon is a shifty little character and will run us ragged so we need to double up on him lol. Just hipe collins and Williams can handle Carroll in the air because he is a machine up top. :ayatollah:

im really hoping Capello plays someone else on the right instead of Lennon cos he doesnt seem to fancy him, he said only recently that he made a mistake taking him to the world cup, maybe Milner if he doesnt play on the left, i'm more concerned about how theyre gonna stop Bale though ;)

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:24 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:decent selection be chuffed if we got a draw tbh

i wont, cos im gonna be chucking a 20 on us to win at 6/1!!! :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:25 pm

scott_ccfc wrote:

best of luck!!!! cooomme ooonn yooouu weeelsssshhh :ayatollah: and ffs any cardiff fans going dont sing cardiff/anti swanshite songs :roll: i reckon "oh when the welsh...go marching in" should be sung

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:47 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
scott_ccfc wrote:

best of luck!!!! cooomme ooonn yooouu weeelsssshhh :ayatollah: and ffs any cardiff fans going dont sing cardiff/anti swanshite songs :roll: i reckon "oh when the welsh...go marching in" should be sung

ayeee totally agree, it should be about getting behind Wales tomorrow!

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:06 pm

scott_ccfc wrote:Hard to know where I'd play Bellamy, because Bale would be left wing and I'm not convinced about Bellamy as a lone striker really, and even if i was, who else is there to play on the right wing? i cant think of anybody decent....

I'd go for...

Was a tough choice between Church and Morison but I still remember a few years back when I went to watch Wales U21s play England U21's, we lost 3-2 i think it was...but aside from Darcy Blake (who marked Agbonlahor out of the game at centre half), Church was the best player on the pitch for Wales, i'd never heard of him at the time but his first goal was class and I remember thinking he'd be quality in a few years.

is it likely to make any difference to the outcome :mrgreen:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Londoner wrote:
scott_ccfc wrote:Hard to know where I'd play Bellamy, because Bale would be left wing and I'm not convinced about Bellamy as a lone striker really, and even if i was, who else is there to play on the right wing? i cant think of anybody decent....

I'd go for...

is it likely to make any difference to the outcome :mrgreen:

yeah cos England's team is particularly "great" isnt it!
what happened at the world cup again? ive forgotten :)

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:30 pm

scott_ccfc wrote:oh and Vaughan only just snuck in over Ledley, so that he can hold and let Rambo pretty much have a free role and support Andy King from the middle

im sure Speed will play Ramsey Vaughan Ledley though... big mistake imo if he does.

For god's sake, don't say you're another one who 100% hates Joe just because we fucked around with him and his contract.

King hasn't played enough games at international level for me, and surely if you wanted a midfield trio like that you've put down, why is Ramsey where he is and King where he is ? Surely King would be best sitting deep, as he has that knack Frank Lampard has - making late runs into the box from deep - it's how they both get most of their goals isn't it ? And Rambo would be so much more effective in the hole.

Church up against Terry and Dawson worries me also. Yes he's a good young player but does he have the experience or the ability to win a battle against two of the best centre-halves in the world ? Don't think so. He doesn't even start for Reading regularly either I don't think ! If Ched Evans was in form (which he's not) I'd give him a start, as he's the one who really scored prolifically for the U21s and has shown so much promise. So my vote goes to Morison - he'll put himself about in the manner he does for Millwall and he can score a few goals as well.

--------------------------------------Hennessey------------------------------------------------
Gunter/Eardley---------Williams----------------J. Collins----------------D. Collins
-------------------------------Vaughan---------------Ledley-----------------------------------
--------------------------------------------Ramsey---------------------------------------------
Bellamy------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Bale
------------------------------------------Morison----------------------------------------------

Tough call at RB - the only difficult decision Speed will have to make IMO. Apart from that it's relatively straightforward, with Ledley and Vaughan holding in the middle so Rambo can really go for it !

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:58 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
scott_ccfc wrote:oh and Vaughan only just snuck in over Ledley, so that he can hold and let Rambo pretty much have a free role and support Andy King from the middle

For god's sake, don't say you're another one who 100% hates Joe just because we fucked around with him and his contract.

King hasn't played enough games at international level for me, and surely if you wanted a midfield trio like that you've put down, why is Ramsey where he is and King where he is ? Surely King would be best sitting deep, as he has that knack Frank Lampard has - making late runs into the box from deep - it's how they both get most of their goals isn't it ? And Rambo would be so much more effective in the hole.

Church up against Terry and Dawson worries me also. Yes he's a good young player but does he have the experience or the ability to win a battle against two of the best centre-halves in the world ? Don't think so. He doesn't even start for Reading regularly either I don't think ! If Ched Evans was in form (which he's not) I'd give him a start, as he's the one who really scored prolifically for the U21s and has shown so much promise. So my vote goes to Morison - he'll put himself about in the manner he does for Millwall and he can score a few goals as well.

--------------------------------------Hennessey------------------------------------------------
Gunter/Eardley---------Williams----------------J. Collins----------------D. Collins
-------------------------------Vaughan---------------Ledley-----------------------------------
--------------------------------------------Ramsey---------------------------------------------
Bellamy------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Bale
------------------------------------------Morison----------------------------------------------

Tough call at RB - the only difficult decision Speed will have to make IMO. Apart from that it's relatively straightforward, with Ledley and Vaughan holding in the middle so Rambo can really go for it !

the contract thing with Ledley has nothing to do with it!
all i care about is Wales getting the win, why would I not want Ledley in our team to help us if i thought he was the best player to help us in that position? get a grip

i just think andy king would be the best choice in attacking midfield, still making runs from deep and supporting the striker, because imo hes got more chance of nicking that vital goal that will win us the match than Ledley!
ramsey can still support the striker just cos ive put him a bit deeper on the team ive put down, hence why i said he should have a free role!

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:27 pm

Church up against Terry and Dawson worries me also. Yes he's a good young player but does he have the experience or the ability to win a battle against two of the best centre-halves in the world ?

:lol: :lol: Dawson one of the best centre halves in the world :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:55 pm

kingdong wrote:
Church up against Terry and Dawson worries me also. Yes he's a good young player but does he have the experience or the ability to win a battle against two of the best centre-halves in the world ?

:lol: :lol: Dawson one of the best centre halves in the world :lol: :lol:

lmao i didnt even notice he said that!
Right up there alongside the likes of Titus Bramble and Spencer Prior he is!

On a serious note... i'd play Jagielka over Dawson personally

Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:40 pm

I doubt Simon Church will play because he is not very good at all.

I would play: Henessy
Gunter Collins Williams Collins
Bellamy Vaughan Ramsey Ledley Bale
Morrison

Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:15 am

jaybothroyd wrote:I doubt Simon Church will play because he is not very good at all.

I would play: Henessy
Gunter Collins Williams Collins
Bellamy Vaughan Ramsey Ledley Bale
Morrison

fair enough mate, i could see why pepople would think Simon Church isnt very good
like i said earlier, im still going by what i saw of him at the Wales England U21 game a few years back, but been as though hes hardly pulling up trees for Reading, i may well be wrong.

I still think he has potential though.

Im quite surprised to see another person who wouldnt want Andy King in the starting lineup mind!
I honestly thought he should be a shoe-in and that most people would agree given his current form for Leicester...
I'd go as far as to say that he'll become the Welsh Steven Gerrard in a few years :)

Maybe people think he's not quite ready yet or something, i dont know, all i know is that I think he's a better player than Ledley and Vaughan for that matter, and a midfield trio of RAMSEY, COLLISON, KING when Collison is fit again really excites me for the future personally. :)

Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:41 am

GK - Henessey

RB - Gunter
CB - Collins
CB - Williams
LB -D Collins

DMC - Crofts

CM -Ledley
CM - Ramsey

LW - Bellamy
RW - Church
CF - Morrison

Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:43 am

cs_original wrote:GK - Henessey

RB - Gunter
CB - Collins
CB - Williams
LB -D Collins

DMC - Crofts

CM -Ledley
CM - Ramsey

LW - Bellamy
RW - Church
CF - Morrison

good call ............... Crofts or Vaughan tho ??

Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:12 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:
cs_original wrote:GK - Henessey

RB - Gunter
CB - Collins
CB - Williams
LB -D Collins

DMC - Crofts

CM -Ledley
CM - Ramsey

LW - Bellamy
RW - Church
CF - Morrison

good call ............... Crofts or Vaughan tho ??

Would be a tough decision mate but I really like Crofts

The lad plays with plenty of passion and enthusiam. I reckon he could shine in a big game like this