Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Calling all Cardiff City fans!

Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:14 pm

Ok, this weekend is not a big weekend for City as we have the small matter of Wales v England to look forward to, a match that I cannot wait for! England think they've got it in the bag......right us off at your peril!

Anyway, i'm a season ticket holder and have been for quite a few years....and it's not the first time that the Club has been in this position. Yet the same mentality seems to be hanging over the club, negativity. We haven't been in the greatest form of late but we're still in with a shout of automatic promotion, but at the moment no one seems to be taking control of the situation on and off the pitch. The team looked so nervous when playing at home it's ridiculous, the last home game v Barnsley the players looked scared to ''go for it''. Why is that????

Two reasons:

1. Dave Jones' refusal to drop players out of form
2. The fans

And before I go on i'm not blaming the fans one little bit for City's dip in form, all i'm saying is that as fans we need to be more patient with the team. Teams will come here and stick 10 men behind the ball, and that's very difficult to break down. And it seems that if we havent scored after 20-25 mins we tend to get frustrated and agitated. The mood of the fans gets through to the players, we now need to get behind them and show them what we're really like. We've done it before on plenty of occassions and we need to do it for the remaining games that we have. Every game is a Cup final now!!

Whatever you might think of Dave Jones and certain players can be put on hold until the end of the season when we know where we will be......Premiership or Championship??? If we start pointing the finger of blame around the club now then it's only going to have a negative effect throughout the club.

Everyone involved within the club has to BELIEVE that we can achieve our dream......to do this we must unite and support the boys and make some noise!!!!

Rhys

:ayatollah: In City We Believe :ayatollah:

Re: Calling all Cardiff City fans!

Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:20 pm

i still want to believe but after the palace defeat i just stopped believing and barnsley and millwall have not lifted me! if derby beat us then any hope i have will then completely disapear! ... if im honest i really cant see us putting a run of wins together! :cry:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:16 pm

rhysccfc87 wrote:Ok, this weekend is not a big weekend for City as we have the small matter of Wales v England to look forward to, a match that I cannot wait for! England think they've got it in the bag......right us off at your peril!

Anyway, i'm a season ticket holder and have been for quite a few years....and it's not the first time that the Club has been in this position. Yet the same mentality seems to be hanging over the club, negativity. We haven't been in the greatest form of late but we're still in with a shout of automatic promotion, but at the moment no one seems to be taking control of the situation on and off the pitch. The team looked so nervous when playing at home it's ridiculous, the last home game v Barnsley the players looked scared to ''go for it''. Why is that????

Two reasons:

1. Dave Jones' refusal to drop players out of form
2. The fans

And before I go on i'm not blaming the fans one little bit for City's dip in form, all i'm saying is that as fans we need to be more patient with the team. Teams will come here and stick 10 men behind the ball, and that's very difficult to break down. And it seems that if we havent scored after 20-25 mins we tend to get frustrated and agitated. The mood of the fans gets through to the players, we now need to get behind them and show them what we're really like. We've done it before on plenty of occassions and we need to do it for the remaining games that we have. Every game is a Cup final now!!

Whatever you might think of Dave Jones and certain players can be put on hold until the end of the season when we know where we will be......Premiership or Championship??? If we start pointing the finger of blame around the club now then it's only going to have a negative effect throughout the club.

Everyone involved within the club has to BELIEVE that we can achieve our dream......to do this we must unite and support the boys and make some noise!!!!

Rhys

:ayatollah: In City We Believe :ayatollah:

spot on mate, totally agree with all that!!
no matter what we think of DJ, the performance after 20-25 or certain players who arent playing well, the team comes first, and we all need to play our part by getting behind everyone at the club in my opinion, it gets said a lot on here and im sure certain people are getting bored of it, but negativity never helps anything, and there's way too much of it at this club unfortunately.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:29 am

We take about 60 minutes to break a team down and an average of 3 minutes for them to equalise :lol: