Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bellamy has used CCFC............

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:31 pm

This won't be popular with many but looking at Bellamy's quote's today I think he has used us this year. We were a way for him to be near is family and go on the piss in Cardiff. He has continually bigged up the jacks and now reminds us that he was a Liverpool fan as a kid. He came on a deal of city going up and buying him. Now he says that was a 'romantic' idea but not financially viable, I guess that means we wouldn't be able to pay him 90 grand a week! I think this explains his average performances most of the season. The way he's playing he'll be lucky to get any premier league offers! Ironically, his disruptive attitude and the fact he can't be dropped is more to blame for us being out of the auto's than DJ! Good ridance to bellamy at the end of the season I say!

Re: Bellamy has used CCFC............

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:35 pm

Sorry to say, but your absolutely right :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:40 pm

Craig Bellamy - Cardiff City legend!!!!!!

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:42 pm

Dont believe everything that is put in the paper alot of it is bullshit journalists wright whatever they want, alot of misquotes and things taken out of context . I believe Bellamy would jump at the chance of spending another season with us ..

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:43 pm

I'll reserve my judgement until the end of the season, at the moment I don't agree.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:46 pm

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:This won't be popular with many but looking at Bellamy's quote's today I think he has used us this year. We were a way for him to be near is family and go on the piss in Cardiff. He has continually bigged up the jacks and now reminds us that he was a Liverpool fan as a kid. He came on a deal of city going up and buying him. Now he says that was a 'romantic' idea but not financially viable, I guess that means we wouldn't be able to pay him 90 grand a week! I think this explains his average performances most of the season. The way he's playing he'll be lucky to get any premier league offers! Ironically, his disruptive attitude and the fact he can't be dropped is more to blame for us being out of the auto's than DJ! Good ridance to bellamy at the end of the season I say!

As hard as it is to say I think there might be more than a little truth in what you say Pick &Shovel. I remember being overjoyed when it was confirmed Bellers was coming down for this season and scoffed at what I perceived as Swansea jealousy when they claimed to have got a better deal by signing Scott Sinclair.

Let's be brutally honest here given the choice now would you take Bellamy or Sinclair? I know who I would have and he’s scored 20 odd goals.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:51 pm

Hartson has also said good things about Cardiff doesn't mean hes not a jack?

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:51 pm

It Wouldn't matter whether we had Bellemy, Sinclair, Drogba or Wayne Rooney put them under Jones long term and their game will suffer. :roll:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:54 pm

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:This won't be popular with many but looking at Bellamy's quote's today I think he has used us this year. We were a way for him to be near is family and go on the piss in Cardiff. He has continually bigged up the jacks and now reminds us that he was a Liverpool fan as a kid. He came on a deal of city going up and buying him. Now he says that was a 'romantic' idea but not financially viable, I guess that means we wouldn't be able to pay him 90 grand a week! I think this explains his average performances most of the season. The way he's playing he'll be lucky to get any premier league offers! Ironically, his disruptive attitude and the fact he can't be dropped is more to blame for us being out of the auto's than DJ! Good ridance to bellamy at the end of the season I say!

I disagree with the bigging up the jacks comment-what he says about their youth set up and the way they play is right. Our academy is a joke under ardley.

If you think he loves the jacks you are wrong-look at his celebration when he scored at the liberty back in feb.

Craig Bellamy is a winner and his influence will be crucial in the next 8 games.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:00 pm

Bellamy today - Mirror

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ma ... 16219.html

My first reaction to that was dissapointment for him talking of his move back to ManCity at the end of his season and how incredible things are there to train with £30m rated players . . . .and learn things every day and the buzz around the club.

Save all this chat and comments till after the season! This is just more negative spin for the Cardiff City dressing room.

I want to hear Bellamy giving war cries for Cardiff City, not all that tosh.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:09 pm

i'd expect any welsh player to do the same, I would do the same you gotta be a nationalist representing your country

end of the day swansea are a prime example of blackpool, small club small wages theirs a clear workrate, they know they're not the biggest or best team in the league, but they still have the desire to want to be the best and to gain promotion

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:12 pm

Anyone that is a fan of the the lovely Liverpdulian man will use Bellamy as an excuse at the end of the season.

Excuses seem to spread from their leader, the lovely Scouser

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:24 pm

nobber wrote:I'll reserve my judgement until the end of the season, at the moment I don't agree.

Quite right and proper Nobber. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ;) ;)

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:33 pm

Is Bellamy like say Dwyer, Phyco, Legg, Young IE Cardiff City through and through ............NO

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:34 pm

not finacially viable!!!!!!!!!
the mancs want rid and wed love to have bellers here,he could shock horror take a (massive admitedly) wage decrease and be closer to his family and play for his boyhood team.
could the likes of stoke,balckburn,fulham etc really pay him a massive amount more than what cardiff could offer
i still cant get over the timing of his comments,i agree the media can take things out of context but bellamy as the team captain should not say anything negative or defeatist to the media especially trash rags like the mirror at this crucial stage of the season

Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:37 am

The guy is an arrogant knob! and Jones the same......peas in a pod!

Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:02 am

If all our players showed the same work rate and committment on the field of Bellamy we could be clear in second place now :old:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:03 am

blueheaven wrote:If all our players showed the same work rate and committment on the field of Bellamy we could be clear in second place now :old:

Well said.

People are so ungrateful. It's like they need either something to cover Jones failures this season, or indeed just something to moan at.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:38 am

Jimbo27 wrote:Craig Bellamy - Cardiff City legend!!!!!!

:ayatollah:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:30 pm

As some body else said, i'll reserve judgment untill later, but the loan move suited both parties from the beginning. I, for one, do/did not expect CB's loan to last more than this season. A great player, but playing in a wrong team!

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:35 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Craig Bellamy - Cardiff City legend!!!!!!

Sorry, but someone's status as a legend is built up over years and years of dedication and commitment to the cause. Bellamy hasn't even been here for a season

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:30 pm

People live in dreamland when talking about Money, DJ should take a pay cut, Bellamy could drop his wages and sign next season....WHY? I know I wouldnt. True Bellamy is a multi millionaire but he only has a few more years left in him so why shouldnt he take the £120k Man City still need to pay him for another year.
He should take a drop in pay so play for the "lovely" fans now giving him stick.... :lol: I bet he is now thinking why did I bother.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:43 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
blueheaven wrote:If all our players showed the same work rate and committment on the field of Bellamy we could be clear in second place now :old:

Well said.

People are so ungrateful. It's like they need either something to cover Jones failures this season, or indeed just something to moan at.

Agree with both of you. Some of our fans will moan about anything :roll:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:33 pm

If Cardiff don't go up it won't be through lack of effort on Bellamy's part...and that is all I ask of any cardiff player, 'committed effort' whether they are on ridiculous wages or whether they are trainees, usually on boot cleaning duties being given a one-off chance to impress.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:09 pm

Let's be brutally honest here given the choice now would you take Bellamy or Sinclair? I know who I would have and he’s scored 20 odd goals.[/quote]

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If anyone was asked at the start of the season whether we'd prefer Bellamy or Sinclair you all know full well who you'd have chosen and we've got him! Anyone who says otherwise is full of sh1t!

He hasn't set the world alight but he's scored a few and will anyone forget the goal at the new vetch?

I for one am proud to have had such a great player here. Sinclair will never create the same interest anywhere, as Bellamy did when we got him!

He could still be the difference in scoring the winner against england and the goal that sends us up!

UP THE CITY! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:19 pm

Of course he used us! This isn't anything new. Do you think we did him a favour by letting him come here?

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:24 pm

He came to us on loan till the end of the season. We didnt buy him and lets be honest we couldnt afford him.

I think he has been a good influence since arriving and lets hope he can lead by example till end of the season !

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:39 pm

I was buzzing when he came but i would of preferd the money saved on him to go to routledge and/or hammil tbh because as you said we were a conveinience .... Yes he scored vs jacks and thats it

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:20 pm

Sorry you cannot say that Sinclair is better than Bellamy, and definitely not Routlege. Thats rediculous, yes he has scored more goals and yes he has played some very good games for the Swans but they utilise him v well in the 4 3 3.

Bellamy has been class this season and if the players around him, and Jones tactics were better, they would have got the best out of him.

We've all seen Bellamy go nuts over formations and tactics, and the way City play. If you read between the lines it is clear to see what he thinks of the tactics style of play and pitch that City use from the recent articles in the papers!

We are v v v v v lucky to have him. And making comparisons regarding sinclair and routege being better than him, are unfounded. Without doubt Bellamy is streets ahead of both.

BUT has he made the same impact that Routlege has for QPR and Sinclair for Swansea, you have to say that in a the rollercoaster form of a Cardiff season he has made a huge impact. This is slightly like grass is greener on the other side syndrome.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:25 pm

i am very suspect about these alleged comments in the press.Doesn't it seem very odd why they would be released now,after all we are approaching the sharp end of the season and there is a lot riding on the outcome.I personally don't think bellamy has said half what is reported.Granted he has said something but the press has put some serious spin on it.He has been in the game too long to think he can go back to the prem and walk in to first team football he would rather be working his arse off playing for the team he has dreamed of since a boy than polishing a bench with his arse.Craig Bellamy gives 100% every game and agreed he hasn't scored many goals but f**k me he's covered some ground.I say give him a chance and if at the end of the season he goes then he goes.None of us including me are so naive to think money has nothing to do with it because it has but any player who feels they are worth money are going to ask for money and that includes scott sinclair.He's too good for swansea and will soon move on to the green pastures of green money its what the modern game has become. :ayatollah: