Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

bellamy to stay or go ?

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:42 am

i was in discussion with a few mates this morning the way to college, and we come up with what happens to bellamy next season? and the big debate, sided at, "man city have already got their 25man sqaud. bellamy wasnt included, come the summer transfer window, they will want to strengthen again, and if bellamy was voted "not good enough for man city this year" what makes him think he will be good enough next, when hes not hit the heights in the championship and man city are spending on more quality players.

so the next question was, if he does get told to fu*k off by man city, where does he go? he wont go to holland cause of family, hes clearly stated that, and he said he finds it extremely difficult being away from his family. hes earned enough money throughout his career, so whats to say he wouldnt take a pay cut and sign for us perminantly and with the bonus of living at home, he could clearly see out his career with us,

that was the debate of 4 , 19 year old boys, you lads have a better footballin brain than us, so please whats your opinions guys

Re: bellamy to stay or go ?

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:49 am

This may answer your question mate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Craig Bellamy admits it is "very unlikely" he will return to Cardiff City next season, but acknowledged it would be "uncomfortable" to go back to Manchester City if Roberto Mancini is still manager.

Wales international Bellamy is spending the season on loan at Cardiff after falling out of favour with Mancini at City and has scored eight goals in 27 appearances.

A permanent deal at Cardiff is likely to be out of reach, even if the club secure promotion to the Premier League, and Bellamy is braced for a return to City.

He has a further year left on his contract at Eastlands, but accepts it could be a difficult season if Mancini remains City boss.

"Even if Cardiff are promoted, I feel it's very unlikely I'd stay," Bellamy told the Daily Mirror.

"It is not an option to have another year on loan here - I don't want to be on loan anywhere next season.

"The deal Man City did with Cardiff was for them to pay a lot of my wages but if we got promoted, they would have to buy me. It sounded romantic in August but if we look at it money-wise, it's probably not going to happen.

"It is difficult because I do have another year at Man City. I could be there the whole year and not be involved. It would not be ideal for anyone if that happens. It certainly wouldn't be ideal for them.

"I will have to be at Man City because I have a year left, but it will be an uncomfortable situation for everyone really, if Mancini is still in charge.

"There's nothing I can do. He is the manager. He chooses the squad - and rightly so."

Bellamy added: "You never know whether it could still work out for me there. It all depends who you are working with. That's the key.

"If it was [Jose] Mourinho, you don't see many players who can't work with him or he can't revive. Or Harry Redknapp. Certain managers have that gift."

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:52 am

Stan-QPR wrote:This may answer your question mate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Craig Bellamy admits it is "very unlikely" he will return to Cardiff City next season, but acknowledged it would be "uncomfortable" to go back to Manchester City if Roberto Mancini is still manager.

Wales international Bellamy is spending the season on loan at Cardiff after falling out of favour with Mancini at City and has scored eight goals in 27 appearances.

A permanent deal at Cardiff is likely to be out of reach, even if the club secure promotion to the Premier League, and Bellamy is braced for a return to City.

He has a further year left on his contract at Eastlands, but accepts it could be a difficult season if Mancini remains City boss.

"Even if Cardiff are promoted, I feel it's very unlikely I'd stay," Bellamy told the Daily Mirror.

"It is not an option to have another year on loan here - I don't want to be on loan anywhere next season.

"The deal Man City did with Cardiff was for them to pay a lot of my wages but if we got promoted, they would have to buy me. It sounded romantic in August but if we look at it money-wise, it's probably not going to happen.

"It is difficult because I do have another year at Man City. I could be there the whole year and not be involved. It would not be ideal for anyone if that happens. It certainly wouldn't be ideal for them.

"I will have to be at Man City because I have a year left, but it will be an uncomfortable situation for everyone really, if Mancini is still in charge.

"There's nothing I can do. He is the manager. He chooses the squad - and rightly so."

Bellamy added: "You never know whether it could still work out for me there. It all depends who you are working with. That's the key.

"If it was [Jose] Mourinho, you don't see many players who can't work with him or he can't revive. Or Harry Redknapp. Certain managers have that gift."

You beat me to it Stan ;) ther is a link on the sportinglife.com/football/transfer-centre.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:57 am

It looks like the two most important factors for him, judging by the latest Daily Mail article, are:
(1) family
(2) whether or not a team will play a style of football where he feels he can make his best contribution

Cardiff City could fit the bill on one, but the other is debatable.

There's one team that he keeps on mentioning that can satisfy both maybe.... :?:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:57 am

Topcat I would of thought if you got to the Prem Bellamy would of been the man to lead you out in the top flight?

Seems its a financial thing.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:58 am

Get him the f**k out of our club, all he has done is used us for his own means.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:04 am

He said in an article in today's Daily Mail that even if Cardiff get promoted he will be gone at the end of the season. The reality is that Cardiff can not afford his transfer fee or his wage demands. If Man City don't want him then he'll either see the last year of his contract out in the reserves, go out on loan again or be sold to the highest bidder. With only a year left on his contract I think Man City will probably look to sell him and I should imagine there would be plenty of teams interested.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:04 am

bellamy has been more of a nuisance than good. wish we had routledge instead :(

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:08 am

jinks-rct wrote:bellamy has been more of a nuisance than good. wish we had routledge instead :(

I must admit I think every sane person who watches football is shocked at the very little impact CB has brought to your club. I thought he would run this division ragged. The most annoying thing for you boys is that you've actually managed to do what no one else has done & that's to keep him fit & it still hasn't happened...Why????

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:09 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Topcat I would of thought if you got to the Prem Bellamy would of been the man to lead you out in the top flight?

Seems its a financial thing.

Was the dream ticket at the start of the season - The home town boy coming home to take us to the Promise Land :ayatollah:

Seems to me that there is NO future for him at Man City,but keeps on talking about Harry,who might not be at Spurs for long,when England come calling. :roll:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:13 am

THE DON wrote:He said in an article in today's Daily Mail that even if Cardiff get promoted he will be gone at the end of the season. The reality is that Cardiff can not afford his transfer fee or his wage demands. If Man City don't want him then he'll either see the last year of his contract out in the reserves, go out on loan again or be sold to the highest bidder. With only a year left on his contract I think Man City will probably look to sell him and I should imagine there would be plenty of teams interested.

Sounds like a man who have given up the chase for promotion, maybe he knows DJ will not be here next season and he may not fit into a new managers plans.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:16 am

This was an interseting quote from Bellamy that tells me the hunger may be gone;

'Now I do the school run, train, pick up my daughter, I am living in the real world and I am a father now. That has given me more satisfaction than football, in terms of responsibility, being here with your children day-in, day-out. But I feel that it has taken a little bit out of me, I feel like I have maybe lost some of my edge.’

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:20 am

RichardBluebird wrote:
THE DON wrote:He said in an article in today's Daily Mail that even if Cardiff get promoted he will be gone at the end of the season. The reality is that Cardiff can not afford his transfer fee or his wage demands. If Man City don't want him then he'll either see the last year of his contract out in the reserves, go out on loan again or be sold to the highest bidder. With only a year left on his contract I think Man City will probably look to sell him and I should imagine there would be plenty of teams interested.

Sounds like a man who have given up the chase for promotion, maybe he knows DJ will not be here next season and he may not fit into a new managers plans.

It does sound like a man who had given up, pretty much like a lot of the players really. I dont think the romantic home coming has turned out quite the way Bellamy would have liked. He thought promotion would be a formality and this season has probably been something of a disapointment to him.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:21 am

Stan-QPR wrote:This was an interseting quote from Bellamy that tells me the hunger may be gone;

'Now I do the school run, train, pick up my daughter, I am living in the real world and I am a father now. That has given me more satisfaction than football, in terms of responsibility, being here with your children day-in, day-out. But I feel that it has taken a little bit out of me, I feel like I have maybe lost some of my edge.’

I would have thought the opposite with no pressures and just go out and enjoy your football.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:26 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:bellamy has been more of a nuisance than good. wish we had routledge instead :(

I must admit I think every sane person who watches football is shocked at the very little impact CB has brought to your club. I thought he would run this division ragged. The most annoying thing for you boys is that you've actually managed to do what no one else has done & that's to keep him fit & it still hasn't happened...Why????

You need look no further than the stubborn scouser, who thinks Naylor had the right to be straight in the side, singles out a potential youth player then loses him to Celtic (dime bar :? ) constantly started with an upfront striker who's big enough to stay on his feet but falls like London bridge :evil:

I feel I made my point

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:26 am

Another interesting one from CB;

'The Premier League takes so much spotlight and you realise that more when you come out of it. Not many people know who you are playing on a Tuesday night and that’s tough. Would I recommend it to anyone else? Definitely not.’

As you say it seems it hasn't turned out the way he had maybe thought it would. How long has he been playing with these grievances?

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:35 am

Stan-QPR wrote:This was an interseting quote from Bellamy that tells me the hunger may be gone;

The above quote from you Stan is so true of hoe he feels.

Bellers is in a no win situation at the end of the season,with regards to his football.
He and Mancini don't see eye to eye,Cardiff can't afford to buy or pay his wages next season,and who is going to take a chance,on a player who may have 1 more season :?:

As for the money - i for one know that Bellers is not short of a bob or 2.
One of my best mates is and has been his financial advisor,from the days he was at Norwich.

Bellers does alot of good work for charity,but there is still 1 more season in him...Where :?:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:42 am

He'll be off to Feyenoord.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:43 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:

The above quote from you Stan is so true of hoe he feels.

Bellers is in a no win situation at the end of the season,with regards to his football.
He and Mancini don't see eye to eye,Cardiff can't afford to buy or pay his wages next season,and who is going to take a chance,on a player who may have 1 more season :?:

As for the money - i for one know that Bellers is not short of a bob or 2.
One of my best mates is and has been his financial advisor,from the days he was at Norwich.

Bellers does alot of good work for charity,but there is still 1 more season in him...Where :?:

You are spot on TC it is a no win situation. But Is it simply down to the fact of ££££ though? Surely if you get promoted the massive finances that Cardiff City will reap will surely be enough to keep him? He will be back in the Prem, he will be with his family, he will be settled (contracted not loan) he will be leading his home town club out every week.

Where's the problem?

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:03 am

Stan if we went up and Man City let us have Bellers for next to nothing in a fee.
We would then know more about the man,and what means more to him.

Just look at how much money we at Cardiff are in debt.To pay someone £90k a week will not happen.

The only way we can answer this is by going up - Then lets see if the points above take place.

Easier Said Than Done :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:10 am

RichardBluebird wrote:Get him the f**k out of our club, all he has done is used us for his own means.

BULLSHIT, Bellamy shows more passion than most of our so called players let alone our loan players.

He might not have set the league on fire, probably to do with some of the dross around him, the scouse tw*t with his hands on his balls, some of our pathetic fans and the oppositions defence strategy concentrating on stiffling him.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:11 am

if we stay in the champ you cant blame bellamy for wanting to move to a more succesful club,hes got one more season at the top level and hes a professional footballer so id wish him all the best

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:20 am

englishbluebird wrote:if we stay in the champ you cant blame bellamy for wanting to move to a more succesful club,hes got one more season at the top level and hes a professional footballer so id wish him all the best

Agree,but if you went up?

He's still said he's off, what does that say?

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:26 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:if we stay in the champ you cant blame bellamy for wanting to move to a more succesful club,hes got one more season at the top level and hes a professional footballer so id wish him all the best

Agree,but if you went up?

He's still said he's off, what does that say?

It doesn't say much, it's certain quotes from a shit rag of a paper. Even if he decides he didn't want to stay if we went up, I can't say I'd hold a grudge against him, he's obviously used to playing with better players and that has handicapped his style of play since coming here, on top of that he's reaching that age when as a footballer he starts to think about his future and if he decides to go back to MC and get all the money he can to plan for retirement and for his families future etc then so be it....I'd still see him as a Cardiff lad who came home.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:28 am

CF14-SE14 wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Get him the f**k out of our club, all he has done is used us for his own means.

BULLSHIT, Bellamy shows more passion than most of our so called players let alone our loan players.

He might not have set the league on fire, probably to do with some of the dross around him, the scouse tw*t with his hands on his balls, some of our pathetic fans and the oppositions defence strategy concentrating on stiffling him.

i dont think its passion i think hes billy big bollocks who shouts at players for bad passing etc but when he does it he thinks its ok to either blame the player he passes to or do a quick hold his hands up..
waste of time signing he only goes around a player about twice a game :roll:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:38 am

CF14-SE14 wrote:

Thats not passion for CCFC, thats him attempting to earn his massive wages.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:16 pm

truth,i for one hope he goes,more harm than good in my honest opinion :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:22 pm

krab wrote:truth,i for one hope he goes,more harm than good in my honest opinion :ayatollah:

Well I think that's bollocks, without him we'd well and truly be fucked. I think he would love to have been more of a success here, but it has been harder than expected.
Out of my mates who weren't Cardiff on Saturday, they all said him, Burke and McNaughton were the best in fact only decent players on the field in yellow.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:43 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:
krab wrote:truth,i for one hope he goes,more harm than good in my honest opinion :ayatollah:

Well I think that's bollocks, without him we'd well and truly be fucked. I think he would love to have been more of a success here, but it has been harder than expected.
Out of my mates who weren't Cardiff on Saturday, they all said him, Burke and McNaughton were the best in fact only decent players on the field in yellow.

sorry i forgot that your opinion is the only one that matters

Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:47 pm

krab wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:

sorry i forgot that your opinion is the only one that matters

Put your handbag down, the fact that I think your opinion in utter bollocks doesn't mean you don't have the right to have it :roll: