Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

1970 & today combined team

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:32 pm

Just posted this team on CCMB:

So my City XI from the 2 teams ( if my memory serves me well as I was about 8)

Davies or Heaton Davies just but I remember more about Eadie,Irwin or Healey
Carver or Quinn Carver
Bell or Super Kev Super Kev
Murray or Hudson Murray - captain
Harris or Keinen Harris
Sutton or Olofinjana Olofinjana
Gibson or McPhail Gibson
Bird or Bellamy Bellamy
King or Whittingham King - this was a tough one
Clark or Chopra Clark - another tough one but Clark more all round striker
Toshack or Bothroyd Bothroyd - on his day so much more mobile and skill

Some of this might be nostalgia as I was 8 when I saw this side but you only used to have 1 sub and this seemed to be the team I remember but you could swap one or 2 players like Woodruff,Lea,a young Leighton Phillips into the team

Thoughts?

Re: 1970 & today combined team

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:52 pm

Personally the only player of the current side that i'd put in the Scoular team woud be Mcnaughton.I don't think Bothroyd could lace Tosh's boots, he not only scored & created for the City, he hacked it in the old first division with liverpool as good as he did in the second.Bellers may get the nod over Bird but i'd certainly prefer Gibson to Bellamy.

Re: 1970 & today combined team

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:44 pm

bluebirds over.... wrote:Personally the only player of the current side that i'd put in the Scoular team woud be Mcnaughton.I don't think Bothroyd could lace Tosh's boots, he not only scored & created for the City, he hacked it in the old first division with liverpool as good as he did in the second.Bellers may get the nod over Bird but i'd certainly prefer Gibson to Bellamy.

In my opinion mcnaughton would make the bench, not one of the present team would be in the first elleven, the 1970 side, apart from it,s obvious skill factor had plenty of steel and balls about them, (scoular made sure of that) something sadly this present team has none of!!!!