Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LIBYA

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:59 pm

Does anyone really believe that UN/Britain/USA has acted in the good interest of the Libyan people, Gaddafi is crazy there is no denying that fact but he has always been crazy. But we have been happy to deal with him & his regime since 1969 and have not given a thought to its people until now. If it was the case of caring for the people why hadn't anything been done about Zimbabwe, Rwanda, Burma, Sudan, Cote d'Ivoire and many more.

My guess is that the West will put a puppet in control of Libya to deal with its oil, not for the love & care for its people.

Re: LIBYA

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:07 pm

I believe it is the best interest of the libians, Personaly i think a no fly zone is not enough i think time to bring in ground control, forces of Gadaffi will still slaughter civis on foot and bombing will only enrage him. Time to open a can of whoop ass. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:12 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Does anyone really believe that UN/Britain/USA has acted in the good interest of the Libyan people, Gaddafi is crazy there is no denying that fact but he has always been crazy. But we have been happy to deal with him & his regime since 1969 and have not given a thought to its people until now. If it was the case of caring for the people why hadn't anything been done about Zimbabwe, Rwanda, Burma, Sudan, Cote d'Ivoire and many more.

My guess is that the West will put a puppet in control of Libya to deal with its oil, not for the love & care for its people.

I think you will fined there is a link on here about it already. and I for one was one of the guys that put up a post and said that I didnt believe for 1 second that its the people they care about, its all down to oil, who ever takes over there, the goverments who help them will be given a pat on the back , by the new ones that take over and told we will not forget you! and thats all they want. You ask why they havent done anything about Rwanda and Burma and Zimbabwe , well there are a lot more also , BUT! they have nothing the goverments want ! pure and simple

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:12 pm

nuke um i say :D

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:14 pm

I don't know who gave us the god given right to go in to other peoples countrys and tell them how to run things. If they need a country to sort out they can start with this one. Libya's problems are theirs not ours and we should keep our noses out. They're already pissed off with us bombing and it was only day one. Give it a week and they'll be blowing things up over here and cutting our heads off over there.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:15 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:nuke um i say :D

Steve sort em out Steve Steve sort em out! :lol:
Last edited by Dange on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:15 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:nuke um i say :D

What the uk goverment ? yes I agree :)

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:16 pm

Berwyn wrote:I don't know who gave us the god given right to go in to other peoples countrys and tell them how to run things. If they need a country to sort out they can start with this one. Libya's problems are theirs not ours and we should keep our noses out. They're already pissed off with us bombing and it was only day one. Give it a week and they'll be blowing things up over here and cutting our heads off over there.

Like a certain plane over Lockerbie? :shock:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:18 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Does anyone really believe that UN/Britain/USA has acted in the good interest of the Libyan people, Gaddafi is crazy there is no denying that fact but he has always been crazy. But we have been happy to deal with him & his regime since 1969 and have not given a thought to its people until now. If it was the case of caring for the people why hadn't anything been done about Zimbabwe, Rwanda, Burma, Sudan, Cote d'Ivoire and many more.

I 100% Believe We have not. Palestine/The Conga/Mugabe etc etc All come to mind, why not help them people ?

Another pointless War.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:24 pm

ANNIS you already know why , cos they ( The goverment ) have nothing to gain from helping them.and they have had land taken from them .

Also lets remember these are people who were there at the airport to welcome back the fkers who took that plane out of the sky over Lockerbie. and killer 100s and not long after our goverment were over there with Daffy duck shacking his hand and welcome him back into the real world.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:36 pm

The UN are hypocrites. Going in there for the people of Libya, don't think so. We have been with the rebels since the start that's why the SAS got caught. Like Richard said they just want Gaddafi gone to put one of their yes men in there. Will the UN now move on to the Yemen protests where the Government are using professional sniper to kill the the protesters?

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:36 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:ANNIS you already know why , cos they ( The goverment ) have nothing to gain from helping them.and they have had land taken from them .

Also lets remember these are people who were there at the airport to welcome back the fkers who took that plane out of the sky over Lockerbie. and killer 100s and not long after our goverment were over there with Daffy duck shacking his hand and welcome him back into the real world.

Sadly we are both correct.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:22 pm

It is about oil but remember that outside intervention into Libya has been approved by not just the UN but also the Arab League.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:37 pm

There's also plenty of conspiracy theorys as to why we are there.

To install a Rothschild controlled central bank. 5 countires in the world don't have them. Iran; North Korea; Sudan; Cuba; and Libya. Afghanistan were without one until recently (2004). The Rothschild Family are very influential, you can read about them here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rothschild_family

Basically these people have their thumbs in just about every pie you can think of, and control way too much money and have done so for 100's of years.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:58 pm

I went to Libya a couple of years back.
Tripoli is an amazing city with huge tower blocks, 5 lane motorways and but vitrually no traffic. Once you get outside the city the infra structure is dreadful.
The further south you go the worse it gets, if you can get through the roadblocks every 5 miles. In the saharan regions in the far south it is third world.
The conditions people live in are disgraceful. And they have zero human rights.
If the UN was concerned about the people they would of been there years and years ago.
They would of been in Zimbabwe too.

Oil. And thats it.
Sickening, truly sickening.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:00 pm

Dange wrote:
Berwyn wrote:I don't know who gave us the god given right to go in to other peoples countrys and tell them how to run things. If they need a country to sort out they can start with this one. Libya's problems are theirs not ours and we should keep our noses out. They're already pissed off with us bombing and it was only day one. Give it a week and they'll be blowing things up over here and cutting our heads off over there.

Like a certain plane over Lockerbie? :shock:

Like a certain bomber that the UK government traded in for business

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:07 pm

OILa small but very dirty word :evil:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:42 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:OILa small but very dirty word :evil:

Its a multiple of sins

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:12 pm

What I really don't get though is this oil thing. Judging by the fact we only ever "go in" when there' s oil then I think we can all be safe in the knowledge that oil really is the deciding factor.
Now if we were to be bloody minded and say yes lets go in and take over that way we can get our hands on their oil and take it for ourselves.
Fact is though everytime we invade an oil country, the price of petrol goes up not down. By the time we're finished with Libya it will be £2 a litre.
So my only conclusion is our lot are not really interested in bagging the oil but more interested in being able to control the production and price of it. They did everything they could to stop Saddam Hussian selling oil cheaper than everyone else.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:25 pm

lagerlewis wrote:I believe it is the best interest of the libians, Personaly i think a no fly zone is not enough i think time to bring in ground control, forces of Gadaffi will still slaughter civis on foot and bombing will only enrage him. Time to open a can of whoop ass. :ayatollah:

its a civil war and absolutely f**k all to do with us! .... do you interfere when your next door neighbours start fighting? ... i bet you think iraq and afghan is a great idea too, seeing british soldiers and innocent civilians being killed every day! .. iraq is now a 100 times worse since we stuck our big f**king noses in! ... you mark my words libya will turn out the same! get ready for even more terrorist attacks!

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:32 pm

Berwyn wrote:What I really don't get though is this oil thing. Judging by the fact we only ever "go in" when there' s oil then I think we can all be safe in the knowledge that oil really is the deciding factor.
Now if we were to be bloody minded and say yes lets go in and take over that way we can get our hands on their oil and take it for ourselves.
Fact is though everytime we invade an oil country, the price of petrol goes up not down. By the time we're finished with Libya it will be £2 a litre.
So my only conclusion is our lot are not really interested in bagging the oil but more interested in being able to control the production and price of it. They did everything they could to stop Saddam Hussian selling oil cheaper than everyone else.

OK, who would profiteer if it went to £2 a litre

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:34 pm

The western oil people perhaps?

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:41 pm

spot on :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:45 pm

I wonder what the attitude would be if the pumps ran dry?

I'm not saying that bombing Libya is right, but we all rely on petrol and as the 2000 fuel protests showed life comes to a stand still without it.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:59 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Berwyn wrote:What I really don't get though is this oil thing. Judging by the fact we only ever "go in" when there' s oil then I think we can all be safe in the knowledge that oil really is the deciding factor.

OK, who would profiteer if it went to £2 a litre

The UK govt as there would be more duty.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:18 am

We seem to be very selective in the battles we choose (or are chosen for us by our so called american cousins)
Why dont we poke our nose in and tell China or North Korea what to do? :o

Gaddaffi has led Libya with our support for years and now all of a sudden, part of the country is unhappy and we cant wait to step in to fight for the minority???

If a minority of people in this country took up arms would they be seen as innocent civilians... :? NO, they would be seen as rebels and dealt with using force if needed, so whats the difference.?

We as a Country are governed by Liars & Thieves, Who are we to tell other people , you should live like us!!!

I am sick of all the lies that comes out of these politicians mouths, We have been lied to before, ie Iraq and we are only told what the government want to tell us.

It is far too easy for these politicians to sign away the lives of our brave young men.

We are in a recession for goodness sake, people are loseing their jobs, their homes and are struggling to make ends meet from week to week, once again the working class and the poorest households are amongst those that have been the worst hit BUT yet we can fire cruise missiles at will...they dont cost much do they !. :roll:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:38 am

I think each missile costs nearly $600,000. Total cost on Day one for Cruise missiles alone: $67 million. :o
Ground troops to go in by the end of the week being attacked and shot with the arms we sold to Gaddaffi.
I think this is the start of world war III.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:55 am

But Berwyn if for instance Saudi Arabia fell into the hands of Muslim extremists and they decided to treble the price of oil or cut off supply all together are you telling me that there wouldn't be a public demand to invade that country to restore the supply line?

The price of oil like everything else is determined by demand and supply; if the demand is high and supply is low the price will rise. ATM we have emerging countries like China, Brazil and India who require much more oil than they did before so the price is rising due to demand.

Now we also have a problem in supply from Libya due to civil unrest. It seems to me perfectly reasonable that action is being taken to protect the supply line (most of Libya's oil is exported to Europe) while at the same time defending the civilian population from military attack by a mad dictator.

It is easy for us all to be morally outraged, but have we really thought of the consequences if no action was taken and the oil was cut off?

I’m old enough to remember the 1970's when it happened once before and that led to the 3 day working week and everyone sitting around candles in the front room because of power cuts. I cannot for one moment imagine our modern society putting up with that for long without demanding a military solution.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:30 pm

Tony, I don't think that is the case though. I think the price is being held high by the Yanks who are maximising the amount of money they can get from their oil reserves. The Arab states though are the only stumbling block because they can sell cheaper. We've known about the Western oil cartels for years. Now if the likes of Gaddafi won't play along with the price fixing then that's a big enough excuse for sending the troops in. Saddam wouldn't play with the cartels and look where he is now.

I agree that when the Yanks oil runs out the Arabs hold the key and could hold us to ransom but there's plenty of time before then to make us less dependant on oil.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:21 pm

The Yanks with The Bakken Formation have one of the biggest Oil reserves in the world. So can't see them running out soon. I think that the big players in the western world want to control all the oil production countries, oil is now the world currency.