Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

COULD BEAKY Make

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:25 pm

Make a claim for falling from the Stand, maybe under the health and safety ? Its there responsibility to take precautions against this kind of thing surly?
I would think its like when you go to someone's home and if you fall down there stairs ,that kind of thing.
Just a thought

Re: COULD BEAKY Make

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:28 pm

if he was standing and then jumping about then id say no! ... the rules are for people to sit down! ... but, its worth a try!

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:41 pm

Of course he can, end of the day it comes down to the facilities, the stewards, the health & Safety team etc to prevent things like that from ever happening. Even if he was being an idiot and walking the wall like a tightrope it's still someones job to prevent that from happening which they didn't. I've heard of people claim for much worse things.

Although, considering how fast and what a good job the Millwall staff and Police who were on the scene clearing did, dealing with him and especailly considering the little injuries he had considering the fall. I'd take the fact, I wasn't dead or in a wheelchair for the rest of my life over trying to claim compensation out of their football club.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Wasn't it a safety barier he was climbing on that he fell off from? Were there any safety warning in front, or alongside it? If there were, then I'd say he has no chance. And was he under the influence of alcohol? I'm not casting aspersions as I don't know him and I wasn't there, but surely these would be the querstions they would ask

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:23 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Wasn't it a safety barier he was climbing on that he fell off from? Were there any safety warning in front, or alongside it? If there were, then I'd say he has no chance. And was he under the influence of alcohol? I'm not casting aspersions as I don't know him and I wasn't there, but surely these would be the querstions they would ask

Well if he had taken a drink and being so high up, wouldnt they have to have safty people there like stewards even more to stop people going up onto the wall, all these kind of things come under the H&S .

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:46 pm

I would think that they would take into consideration that a person has a duty of care to himself as well as any inadequacies at the stadium. Surely it is quite difficult to fall out of a stand when using the facilties in a correct manner.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:49 pm

check the back of the millwall ticket it usally gives you the ground rules and regulations on the back

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:53 pm

nathan_34 wrote:check the back of the millwall ticket it usally gives you the ground rules and regulations on the back

What is on the back of the ticket means nothing really, its like if you are walking in a mall and and you see a board that say wet Floor but if you slip on a part of it , its not just good enough to just have a board there to tell you.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:02 pm

good point . make me look stupid now :lol:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:08 pm

nathan_34 wrote:good point . make me look stupid now :lol:

No mate Im not into that kind of thing, you were right to point it out if you thought it would help. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:12 pm

that away end was a death trap, the floor was like a bloody ice rink, the so called safety barrier was hardly the tallest thing in the world, alot of other safety errors with it

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:15 pm

In that case maybe he should try one of them No win No Fee guys , see how good they really are. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:29 pm

i wasnt in the part of the stand where it happened so dont know the full details of what happened exactly, other than the actual fall. As a steward my job would be to get you into your seats and this is for your own safety and obvioulsy the stewards and police at millwall had failed to do this otherwise beaky would have never been near the wall to fall from it. As far as making a claim is concerned id say hes definetly got a case, though i wouldnt be surprised if millwall fc defended themselves saying that beaky had ignored all advice to stay away from the wall (this is all hypothetical like i said i hadnt seen the incident and the cause of it). In my opinion i would have insisted that the fans would have gone into their seats and wouldnt have rested untill that was the case. I see falling risks all the time and you have to be on the ball to prevent them. In my opinion millwall fc have failed in their duty of care towards the visiting supporters and a claim should be made.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:46 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:i wasnt in the part of the stand where it happened so dont know the full details of what happened exactly, other than the actual fall. As a steward my job would be to get you into your seats and this is for your own safety and obvioulsy the stewards and police at millwall had failed to do this otherwise beaky would have never been near the wall to fall from it. As far as making a claim is concerned id say hes definetly got a case, though i wouldnt be surprised if millwall fc defended themselves saying that beaky had ignored all advice to stay away from the wall (this is all hypothetical like i said i hadnt seen the incident and the cause of it). In my opinion i would have insisted that the fans would have gone into their seats and wouldnt have rested untill that was the case. I see falling risks all the time and you have to be on the ball to prevent them. In my opinion millwall fc have failed in their duty of care towards the visiting supporters and a claim should be made.

Good point But, Why was it that Beaky did get nicked for his own safty ?

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:05 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:i wasnt in the part of the stand where it happened so dont know the full details of what happened exactly, other than the actual fall. As a steward my job would be to get you into your seats and this is for your own safety and obvioulsy the stewards and police at millwall had failed to do this otherwise beaky would have never been near the wall to fall from it. As far as making a claim is concerned id say hes definetly got a case, though i wouldnt be surprised if millwall fc defended themselves saying that beaky had ignored all advice to stay away from the wall (this is all hypothetical like i said i hadnt seen the incident and the cause of it). In my opinion i would have insisted that the fans would have gone into their seats and wouldnt have rested untill that was the case. I see falling risks all the time and you have to be on the ball to prevent them. In my opinion millwall fc have failed in their duty of care towards the visiting supporters and a claim should be made.

Good point But, Why was it that Beaky did get nicked for his own safty ?

well throwing him out of the ground would have been an option and maybe one that should have been used, i was surprised that millwall stewards werent on the ball with this, when i go to away games im always intrigued on how stewards act around Cardiff fans and alot of games i see stewards very intimidated, the main reason being cardiffs reputation has arrived at the ground long before the fans, and cardiff do tend to get away with things because of this fact, but this was millwall a club with a very similar reputation to ourselves and i would have been very surprised if their stewards were intimidated by us. So i was surprised they hadnt taken a tougher stance towards the breaking of ground regulations.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:44 pm

But it could come to bite us all on the arse. New more aggressive stewarding on making sure everyone sits down. But any claim would be countered on it was the fans fault as they were all standing. It would open a massive can of worms that would make life very awkward for us the supporters :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:46 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:But it could come to bite us all on the arse. New more aggressive stewarding on making sure everyone sits down. But any claim would be countered on it was the fans fault as they were all standing. It would open a massive can of worms that would make life very awkward for us the supporters :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

NOT for me , I always sit down :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:52 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:But it could come to bite us all on the arse. New more aggressive stewarding on making sure everyone sits down. But any claim would be countered on it was the fans fault as they were all standing. It would open a massive can of worms that would make life very awkward for us the supporters :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

but sitting down isnt an issue here, regardless of sitting down or standing within the area of your seat you should be safe, but after this incident i can guarantee that stewards will work harder to keep fans out of the stairwells and away from walls and pin you into the stands.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:02 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:

Aye but do you behave yourself :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:

Aye but do you behave yourself :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thats not fair to ask a question like that ,