Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" That was then !! This is NOW !! "

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:28 pm

What i am fed up of hearing is " Look how far we have come " or " Look where we was a few years ago " or " where were you when we was shit " Look where Swansea was a few years ago, in the dungeon one game from going out of the League. In administration being ruined by Tony Petty. Look where Blackpool were ? You dont here them keep on saying "The fans should remember where they were a few years ago And they should take a reality check !!" Especially by there Managers when results don't go there way.

This is the here and now. Dave Jones that's why Cardiff City are putting Millions in your bank account to get us promoted to the Premier League not to tell us how shit we were before you came. But MR Jones we have been in the top league before and we have won the FA Cup, Credit to you to getting us to the Final but when we needed you to pull out the masterstroke you Bottled it. You MR Jones are paid the big bucks, so stop using the excuse of our history and prove you are the best Manager outside the Premier and not the likes of Paul Lambert, Rodgers, Warnock, who are not even close to your wages. Stop using our History as your excuse to failure just do the job you have been paid to do. And this also applies to our Fans that also constantly use this an excuse when we are constantly ballsing it up.

Re: That was then !! This is NOW !!

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:34 pm

EXCELLENT POST mate, well said. I think you will get criticism for it, but don't let it bother you because you're right.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:47 pm

Cheer up Chief...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTPuhEC7 ... re=related

One from the olden days :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:50 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:What i am fed up of hearing is " Look how far we have come " or " Look where we was a few years ago " or " where were you when we was shit " Look where Swansea was a few years ago, in the dungeon one game from going out of the League. In administration being ruined by Tony Petty. Look where Blackpool were ? You dont here them keep on saying "The fans should remember where they were a few years ago And they should take a reality check !!" Especially by there Managers when results don't go there way.

This is the here and now. Dave Jones that's why Cardiff City are putting Millions in your bank account to get us promoted to the Premier League not to tell us how shit we were before you came. But MR Jones we have been in the top league before and we have won the FA Cup, Credit to you to getting us to the Final but when we needed you to pull out the masterstroke you Bottled it. You MR Jones are paid the big bucks, so stop using the excuse of our history and prove you are the best Manager outside the Premier and not the likes of Paul Lambert, Rodgers, Warnock, who are not even close to your wages. Stop using our History as your excuse to failure just do the job you have been paid to do. And this also applies to our Fans that also constantly use this an excuse when we are constantly ballsing it up.

ONE OF THE BEST POSTS I'VE SEEN FOR A LONG TIME :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Surely even Carl and All Dave Jones Fans will Realise that JONES SHOULD JUST SHUT HIS MOUTH and GET ON WITH THE JOB HE IS PAID TO DO and stop having a go at Cardiff City Fans.

Re: " That was then !! This is NOW !! "

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:59 pm

Bravo Nuclearblue! Bravo!!!

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:00 am

Willy the Wombat wrote:Cheer up Chief...

I am mellow after listening to that Chief :lol: :lol:

And Annis i just got fed up off hearing it over and over again and i had to say something. History counts for nothing when we have the best players in this division and the best paid Manager ( well maybe behind Sven now) And why should it be an excuse for loosing to Ipswich Palace and drawing to Barnsley. Why are we 4 points off second ? is it down to "were are used to playing Rochdale and Torquay ?" Bollocks

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:50 am

Top post.

At the begining of his time at the club I feel that he did a good job with limited resources but now he has not got anything to moan about (apart from us)

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:31 am

Lethal Lynex wrote:Top post.

At the begining of his time at the club I feel that he did a good job with limited resources but now he has not got anything to moan about (apart from us)

Agree with this. I think I actually went on defending him for ages because of what he did in the early days of his time here, which I thought was very impressive. Different story now, he has the resources but has shown he is inept tactically and a poor man manager.

DJ's idea of discipline seems to be publicly humiliating a young player on TV and falling out with other players who are not his favourites. All this whilst allowing a culture of drinking and gambling to run rife. He seems to have it all the wrong way around, when players need encouragement and nurturing he punishes them and when tough love is required he lets the players behave how they like.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:23 am

i hate to have to admit it :lol: but thats an excellent post! ... i am thankful for what dave jones as done for us during is time with us, especially his first 3 seasons! but he`s outstaying is welcome now! he should have gone in january!

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:00 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
Willy the Wombat wrote:Cheer up Chief...

I am mellow after listening to that Chief :lol: :lol:

And Annis i just got fed up off hearing it over and over again and i had to say something. History counts for nothing when we have the best players in this division and the best paid Manager ( well maybe behind Sven now) And why should it be an excuse for loosing to Ipswich Palace and drawing to Barnsley. Why are we 4 points off second ? is it down to "were are used to playing Rochdale and Torquay ?" Bollocks

Steve.

Very True Words :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:29 am

nukes that brought a tear to my eye, good passionate post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:20 am

Excellent post top man :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:22 am

Good post, & one of the reasons DJ really winds people up. His continued references to "people in this part of the world" & "they must have seen some great football in the past", i find very condescending & insulting at the best of times. It's as if he really feels we are second class citizens living in some back water shit hole! :x

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:25 am

Well said Nuke.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:36 am

Excellent post Steve, Came from your heart mate :ayatollah:
I wish DJ had as much passion as some of us on here :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:58 am

Nuclearblue wrote:What i am fed up of hearing is " Look how far we have come " or " Look where we was a few years ago " or " where were you when we was shit " Look where Swansea was a few years ago, in the dungeon one game from going out of the League. In administration being ruined by Tony Petty. Look where Blackpool were ? You dont here them keep on saying "The fans should remember where they were a few years ago And they should take a reality check !!" Especially by there Managers when results don't go there way.

You probably would if you followed them & read their MBs and local rags

OK, hang on How the f**k did Dave Jones bottle the FA Cup final, he picks the team he gives the orders and then its down to the players on the pitch to perform.

He didnt ask for the big bucks, some idiot offered it to him. Any man in the world would have snapped the hand off an idiot for that deal. Jones does have a point about the expectations which he is also to blame for the hype but the fans need to get in the real world and stop demanding the right of premiership football, truth of the matter is that as we may have some outstanding individuals as a team we just are not very good. Id go as far to say that we maybe lucky to finish in play offs.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:15 am

Richard Bluebird ...........Your first point i have never heard Brendan Rodgers or Ian Holloway say there supporters should take a reality Check or the like. Your second point about not f*cking up the FA Cup !! that was a reference to leaving one of our best players on the Pitch and that was Aaron Ramsey.

And as for Jone's wages that is what he wanted, that was what he thought he was worth and that is what the board obviously thought he was worth. But if you pay for supposedly the top of there field then you expect them to deliver and so far he has not.

What i am saying is our History is immaterial to what is happening now. Back then we was playing at Ninian Park which even though i loved it was in a bad state ,playing in front of 3000 fans and in the dungeon. Now we are playing at a brand new stadium in front of an average of 23000 and playing some massive Clubs. Jones was bought here to take us to the Premier and is on wages that expects him to achieve this goal. Jone's constant excuse if we loose is the fans , the People of this area he will not level any blame on himself even though he is in charge . The past is the past and even though i am extremely proud of our past and i do not deny the hard times it has nothing to do with now. Only our next game and our future. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:32 am

also regarding the fa cup final jones left hasselbaink on for way to long even though he looked like an amateur footballer during the first half, he looked way out of his depth! ... it took jones 70 mins to replace him with thomo! i`ll never ever understand why he couldnt see that! .... and picking whitts [who was very inconsisted then] instead of ramsey [who had fergie and wenger fighting for him] was another bafling decision! we could have won that cup because i thought pompy were a very poor side!

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:36 am

Brendan Rodgers & Holloway has not fucked up as yet and I dont read Blackpool & Jacks boards or papers to confirm or deny what your stating, I think you'll find that the buffoon PR offered DJ his disturbing contract and not what it was asked for as again stated. In regards to Ramsey, dont you think that Arsene Wenger may have a major decision on that.

The CCS is a disaster, the pitch is a joke & the club owners should be ashamed of themselves. You would have had ten times the better atmosphere at NP with a 3000 than a 23000 at CCS, I still say that the idiot who introduced the high wage strategy at CCFC has killed any passion the players have for us, the shirt and Cardiff City in general. They are nothing but a bunch of mercenaries at best, having said all that we are also to blame for believing in all the hype/bullshit that comes from CCFC. Nothing has changed from the Stefan Taleski era. We are getting fucked by the big wigs up top, the players and the manager so nothing has changed from the old days at NP.

Saying all that I believe & hope that Dave Jones will NOT be with us in a manager capacity next season whatever the out come of this season, I also hope sincerely that Bothroyd never wears a City shirt again. I think a deal was done with him & his agent in the January window, I also still blame him for bottling last seasons play off finals.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:43 am

We are really not that far apart chief on our thinking. Yes our Pitch is a joke and so is the Atmosphere but the point of this thread was to highlight the fact Jones cannot use our history as an excuse for his failure :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:05 pm

Brill original post Steve, agreed with it all, good thing is we have hopfully only got a few more of these Bullshit excuses to listen to before he is shown the door :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:08 pm

Very true but I do believe that some of his quotes are misinterpreted and put out of context, we read into them what we will to suit our dislike for him. In fairness we dont hear what is being shouted at DJ & the players but obviously they do and again in fairness Im sure it effects moral, as it does by what is posted.

i.e. Jason Koumas when he didnt turn up for training on one occasion, it was posted that someone had it from a official at the club that he had mental breakdown. We all know JK is volatile and Im sure that didnt help matters, OK we have the right to vent our anger & frustration but it's not all down to DJ himself, the club has to take responsibility as to the players themselves. I reiterate that the man who introduced the wage structure at CCFC had created a monster of mercenaries.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:11 pm

I dont think he will be shown the door TBH, he'll be relieved of his managerial duties and rightly so but I think he'll be kept on in some sort of capacity due to the fact he can make the club so much money like it or not.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:40 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:I dont think he will be shown the door TBH, he'll be relieved of his managerial duties and rightly so but I think he'll be kept on in some sort of capacity due to the fact he can make the club so much money like it or not.

In what way can he make the Club so much money Chief ?. i can only see his wage going out. Or are you on about finding players and selling them on ? Like Matthews who was worth at least five million and sold for f**k all because Jones destroyed him.He wont stay his pride will see to that everyone would look at him as a failure which he is. He came to us in the Championship and he will leave us the same way :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:44 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:I dont think he will be shown the door TBH, he'll be relieved of his managerial duties and rightly so but I think he'll be kept on in some sort of capacity due to the fact he can make the club so much money like it or not.

In what way can he make the Club so much money Chief ?. i can only see his wage going out. Or are you on about finding players and selling them on ? Like Matthews who was worth at least five million and sold for f**k all because Jones destroyed him.He wont stay his pride will see to that everyone would look at him as a failure which he is. He came to us in the Championship and he will leave us the same way :ayatollah:

Again are you not forgetting the fact that PR had fucked up Matthews contract aslike Joe Ledleys where there is no room to move on it.

He'll be on a new contract and what he has earned over the years he wont need to worry about a new job.

NEXT :lol:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:52 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Again are you not forgetting the fact that PR had fucked up Matthews contract aslike Joe Ledleys where there is no room to move on it.

He'll be on a new contract and what he has earned over the years he wont need to worry about a new job.

NEXT :lol:

But when he was worth 5 million he was a one of the best prospects out of the Premier. But by the time Jones finished with him he was worth feck all and a million miles from the first team, Ridsdale did not do that. But the club should of sorted out his contract after the Riddler left. Again Jones wont stay in any position if he isn't paid the same wages end off.

Double NEXT :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:00 pm

NEXT :lol:[/quote]
But when he was worth 5 million he was a one of the best prospects out of the Premier. But by the time Jones finished with him he was worth feck all and a million miles from the first team, Ridsdale did not do that. But the club should of sorted out his contract after the Riddler left. Again Jones wont stay in any position if he isn't paid the same wages end off.

Double NEXT :lol: :lol: [/quote]

I think you'll find the Riddler did do that, lets be honest if Man U as reported one of the best prospects he'd have been snapped up by them. After the contract debacle came to light he was worth f**k all to us anyway PR has and still has alot to answer for in regards to certain players contracts, the man was an out and out crook and it goes to show that the rest of the board were incompetent to let it happen. Hasnt DJ made the club something like £26 million in the market place, Im by no means defending the guy just sort of stating a sort of fact lol, putting things into perspective if you like and living in the real world.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:05 pm

It was not so long ago when the Jacks were Sold for a £1, their Chairman is Skint, SO AS MUCH AS I HATE TO SAY IT THEY HAVE COME ALONG WAY as WELL.

Burnley were 2nd from Bottom of Division 4, Blackpool/Watford/Hull C etc Have All come a long way.

I thought to ask, Was it Dave Jones who took us up from Division 4 ? and has he Won any promotions with us ?

What has he Won ?
I rest my case.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:09 pm

What has he Won ?
I rest my case.[/quote]

Absolutely nothing which is why he must be replaced next season, however I think he may have saved the club with the transfer market profits.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:21 pm

Fair play Nuclearblue that's a excellent post. Right on the money!