Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T Swindon McArthur Glen

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:55 pm

Have any of you been down there, in particular the Polo Ralph Lauren or Aquascutum shops? If so is it any good and

Re: O/T Swindon McArthur Glen

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:07 pm

yeah, not bad but i'd stick with bridgend tbh. polo is ok, but didnt see any real bargains

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:11 pm

TH63 wrote:yeah, not bad but i'd stick with bridgend tbh. polo is ok, but didnt see any real bargains

I'll probably leave it then. Just can't cope since Christmas with the increase on the polos.

Saying that, I wish they had a Ralph shop in Bridgend

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:16 pm

Me and the wife go there a couple of times a year, it's worth a visit, always go just before Christmas, in the cold weather it is better than Sarn because it's completely undercover and not like a wind tunnel (like Sarn), we've had some good deals there over the years. If you're a railway enthusiast ;) , it's also an interesting place to go. :D :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:35 pm

Yeah its worth a look ,I was there last week also got Henry Lloyd and Lacoste shops.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:40 pm

I am tempted now after all lads, I will see :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Nobber, believe it or not I get excited over things like trains. I was going to try and visit the museum as well :o :D

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:30 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Have any of you been down there, in particular the Polo Ralph Lauren or Aquascutum shops? If so is it any good and

Yes mate, well worth the trip. Me and the missus go regularly as it is indoors and has great access (she being disabled)

Great shops and great savings (inc. Ralph Lauren)

Situated in the old Railway Workshops and well sign-posted

I always mix it up with a trip to George White Motorcycles to drool over my next two-wheeled toy!! :lol:

I don't think you'll be disappointed....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:21 am

If you don't mind going a bit further the bicester shopping outlet is very good.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:56 am

Hit and Miss Tyler sometimes good stocks in Polo,Henry Lloyd etc a good day out though. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:05 pm

ive bought a few nice polos out there decent prices though. and others ive come away dissapointed.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:18 pm

Don't get yourself decked out in an Aquascutum scarf, Adam! I've never seen so many lads all looking the same down The Den on Saturday! Armani Jeans cap, Aqua scarf & Barbour International.. Like Sheep! :lol: Love some quality attire and am a fan of Aquascutum, but, need some diversity/originalty and all! ;)

Seriously though, joking aside, I've not been to Swindon Macarthur Glen but heard good things about the place, apparently the best place for Lacoste deals (aside from Milly of course), does that have an Barbour outlet too? Or am I thinking of somewhere else?

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:52 pm

Also has a Hugo Boss outlet which is pretty good

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:21 pm

Thank you all for your help lads :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

McMurdo wrote:Don't get yourself decked out in an Aquascutum scarf, Adam! I've never seen so many lads all looking the same down The Den on Saturday! Armani Jeans cap, Aqua scarf & Barbour International.. Like Sheep! :lol: Love some quality attire and am a fan of Aquascutum, but, need some diversity/originalty and all! ;)

Seriously though, joking aside, I've not been to Swindon Macarthur Glen but heard good things about the place, apparently the best place for Lacoste deals (aside from Milly of course), does that have an Barbour outlet too? Or am I thinking of somewhere else?

Alex, the Barbour outlet is in the one down in Taunton I think (or somewhere down there). Not a fan of internationals myself though, just the rest of them ;) As for Aquascutum, I didn't have enough money with me when I was at the sale in January for a mac, so I hope I can get one down there :ayatollah: