Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Latest news from the prisons " Chelsea/Cardiff

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:46 pm

Latest News from the jails.They are in three different places now, Cambridge, Worcester and Swansea.

I reported last week that one of the lads is coming home Tomorrow, Josh from Treorchi, unfortunately that is not happening now but we are still hopeful that his release along with Shane T who both had 12 months (6 for Shane and 3 for Josh after early guilty pleas) will be home in the very near future…the new information that we have gathered this week that will help all those in prison is the following…

Once you have a release (tag) date, for example Josh was supposed to be released tomorrow; a parole review takes place around that date to discuss whether or not a prisoner can be released on curfew. The probation reports and your conduct in custody will determine the outcome, This happens every Tuesday and Thursday in Hewell jail. Josh will have his parole hearing Tuesday and hopefully his TAG approved and allowed home soon after…he will be given a date that he can tell his family to collect him….THIS WILL APPLY TO EVERYONE OF THE LADS….So they will not be necessarily released on their release dates but HOPEFULLY very close to that date…so my lad due out on Sunday June 5 may have to wait until a parole hearing on the following Tuesday or Thursday before knowing if he has been approved…I am unsure if this could be deliberated on the Tuesday or Thursday before his release date?

My son lost his cell mate and fellow City fan, Steven M from Bridgend this week, Steven has been transferred closer to home and is now in Swansea with a lad from Merthyr (not connected with CCFC) I am sure he would much preferred to have stayed in Redditch but it will be closer for his family and friends to visit. Pete misses him, they all have become good mates, and now shares with a lad from Newport who was across the block…he is a tidy bloke.

There are a lot of good lads on Peters block, many from Oxford and they all get on great, I think there are 70 on Petes’ block including some from south Wales not connected to the CCFC/Chelsea case.

Heard three of the lads had been suspended for a month from their cleaning jobs for messing about but they are all ok and everyone seems to be saying that time is passing much quicker than it was initially.
Paul O’Hara and James Brett have finally got their move to the full category C Block 7…That is the aim of all the lads it’s a better block than the rest apart from the open prison. After 8 weeks the lads will all have their proper bandings which should be good news for them all, it decides their future at the jail and will dictate when they leave and where they need to be housed during the rest of their time in the prison.

Dibs told me Morgan is really getting on very well in Cambridgeshire YO he has settled into the routine and now, like my own son, thinks the days are going past much quicker…fair play to Morgan in particular, we was on his own there and has come through very well…in fact all the lads have done their time with dignity and used their heads, which is great when you consider that many are in there for a first offence and had no clue what to expect.

Also got a chance to have a chat with Stefan’s ’mother Taryn, who had just been on a visit and she said Stefan was doing great and concentrating on educational stuff whilst he is up there. I haven’t heard any news about the others but if anyone has, please can they add it to this thread.

I have an appointment with an American reporter from ESPN up in London on Wednesday, his name is Shaun and he has been keeping a watchful eye on the Chelsea /Cardiff cases…I will explain to him how the events happened, what could have been done to avoid them and the unique nature of the mass incarceration of so many fans and for the severe length of some of the sentences already dished out and the concern for those still awaiting trial.

I may stay up there and observe the Chelsea trial sentences on Thursday/Friday, I will have to see if I can afford it, it may be of interest to our fans to see how the judge sums up a sentence for a fan found guilty after a not guilty plea failed in court. The first 28 Chelsea fans arrested are at the following link, more followed, along with many City fans, including 2 new ones that have recently been charged the joint total arrested mounts to 97 between clubs…we have 16 currently serving time and no Chelsea fans have received sentences yet, but 2 were found not guilty after trial. The sentences will start again from next week and more trials are due, so we expect a rough few months for all involved.

<a href="http://www.thefreelibrary.com/28+charged+after+match+day+clashes.-a0228823401">28 charged after match day clashes.</a>

The police put 6 photos out again this month looking for more victims to add to their 97 people being charged with offences and 59 convictions to date out of which some 15 have still yet to be sentenced.

Re: " Latest news from the prisons " Chelsea/Cardiff

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:54 pm

Lets hope that the boys keep strong and when they come out they have a premier league team to support.

Corky if you need some dosh for staying up i'll shout you twenty towards it-will give it to you at derby game.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:56 pm

thanks mate no, i will manage...cheers anyway

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:58 pm

Corky, Youve gone through a terrible time with being ill then this to your Son, I am glad to see they will All be home soon and Youve stayed strong :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Corky, Youve gone through a terrible time with being ill then this to your Son, I am glad to see they will All be home soon and Youve stayed strong :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If only our manager and players had the same strength we'd be up by now.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:07 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Good luck to all. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:32 am

Cheers Corky, brilliant update

I did gather some letters for Nathan Marshellsea and sent them off
So it was a suprise from him.

Will keep in touch with him, I'm going to type the letter up, so all who sent have a copy
and will post a brief update no here, if anyone is interested?

Rich

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:15 pm

Good news just in...Josh Roberts will be released on Wednesday morning...the first one is coming home. Also my son as been assessed by probation and they are sending the forms back giving him 100% backing to come out on TAG at the time of his release date in June...he is bound to be the last one released out of all the lads inside due to the fact he had the longest sentence so this means they will all be out by June 5th...so that is good news all around.Unfortunately after May it will start again for more fans and their families..when sentences are dished out at the end of May to the latest group that pleaded guilty...also we have the lads who have pleaded not guilty and their trials...so a lot of worry ahead.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:45 pm

corky wrote:Good news just in...Josh Roberts will be released on Wednesday morning...the first one is coming home. Also my son as been assessed by probation and they are sending the forms back giving him 100% backing to come out on TAG at the time of his release date in June...he is bound to be the last one released out of all the lads inside due to the fact he had the longest sentence so this means they will all be out by June 5th...so that is good news all around.Unfortunately after May it will start again for more fans and their families..when sentences are dished out at the end of May to the latest group that pleaded guilty...also we have the lads who have pleaded not guilty and their trials...so a lot of worry ahead.

Good luck to them all :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:24 pm

THANKS once again Corky :ayatollah: :ayatollah: