Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" SUNDAY 20TH MARCH - STATISTIC UPDATE "

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:12 pm

I for one was very pleased with the result yesterday against Millwall

Yes we conceded late again, but against a team who continue to drive and keep fighting for 90 mins and who also have a insane fan base who will cheer and chant them on, there's no wonder that they did equalize

Yes the keeper could have done better, but Heaton is back for the Derby game and should help us get back on a solid foundation and get some good wins under our belt. and also to help us get back on a good run :ayatollah:

The top 8's last 5 results were

QPR - WWLWW - 12 points out of 15
Norwich - DWWDW - 11 points out of 15
------------------------------------------------
Swansea - WLDLW - 7 points out of 15
Cardiff - DDLLW - 5 points out of 15
Leeds - LDWWL - 7 points out of 15
Forest - LDLLD - 3 points out of 15
---------------------------------------------
Reading - WWWDW - 13 points out of 15
Burnley - LDLWW - 7 points out of 15

As you can see apart from QPR, Reading and Norwich, no one else really capitalised from there past 5 games

Reading have appeared from nowhere and are doing really well of late and are showing that maybe they might be able to compete to get into the playoffs

There are still some massive games left this season amongst the top 7 or 8

These are ..

Saturday, 2 April
Leeds v Nott'm Forest
Hull v Millwall
Preston v Swansea

Saturday, 9 April
Leicester v Burnley
Millwall v Leeds
Watford v Hull
Swansea v Norwich - MASSIVE

Tuesday, 12 April
Nott'm Forest v Burnley
Swansea v Hull
Watford v Norwich

Friday, 15 April 2011
Norwich v Nott'm Forest

Saturday, 16 April
Burnley v Swansea
Leeds v Watford

Thursday, 21 April
Ipswich v Norwich

Friday, 22 April
Nott'm Forest v Leicester
Leeds v Reading

Saturday, 23 April
Cardiff v QPR

Saturday, 30 April
Leeds v Burnley
Millwall v Swansea

Saturday, 7 May
Burnley v Cardiff

Again this weekend, other results went our way apart from Swansea.
Norwich, Leeds, Burnley and Forest also dropped points which is good for us. We could have been 7 points behind Norwich if we lost and they won. But we both drew and its only a 4 point gap. So by no means is it over :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I was looking at the last games of the season. We have to play Burnley away which will be a really tough game.
With Norwich playing home to Coventry and Swansea playing home to Sheff Utd :roll:

If we are going to go for 2nd place, we need to have a little gap from these pair before the last game, as i can see them both winning there games.

Swansea have lost 1 more game than us at present with them loosing 12 and us loosing 11.

Surprisingly out of all the teams in the championship. Swansea have conceded the fewest amount of goals at home, only conceding 9 :shock:

Furthermore, We're not shy to score away from home with us sharing 3rd for scoring the most away goals

1st is Watford with 33
2nd is Leeds with 29
3rd is Cardiff, Norwich and Reading with 28

And we are share 2nd on the amount of games we have lost at home.

Joint 1st are QPR and Forest with 1 loss at home
Sharing 2nd are Cardiff, Swansea and Reading with 3 losses

Also, i know alot of you are suggesting that if we are to have a shout of finishing 2nd, we need to keep up with Norwich and Swansea's goal difference

Norwich's goal difference is currently +15
Swansea's is +17
Cardiff's is +14

So if you look, we aint a million miles behind. When we beat Derby 5-0 this will soon change ;) :ayatollah:

I believe that Cardiff have turned a corner now

The players knew that they had to raise there game yesterday and they did.

Even though Bothroyd and Hudson went off before HT, and Quinn was carrying a knock for 30 odd mins. We kept fighting.
When we are normally 2-1 down, we dont normally fight and end up being 3-2 up do we?
Yes in my opinion the keeper was to blame for Millwall's 3rd. But its nothing we can do about it now.
We take the positives and move on.
When Millwall went 2-1 up, the body language of the players looked different than usual, they looked more annoyed and frustrated
Do you think it was because they knew if they lost DJ was gone?

Anyway, I was pleased by how we fought in the game. Alot of you suggest that we dont fight and get stuck in, but i found we did that yesterday

The new Cardiff started yesterday. This is the Cardiff with drive, determination and passion
Was that due to the dressing room lock in after Barnsley?

I think so :ayatollah:

Believe it boys, The players and the manager have had their kick up the backside and now realise the task needed for the remaining games of the season.

We never use to show that fight and drive, but yesterday i thought we did.

That in my opinion should be a good thing, and now with this 2 week break, its time to FORGET THE PAST and think of the future.

As Carl said "KEEP THE FAITH AND BELIEVE"

This is what we all need to do. DJ fan or no DJ fan

WE ALL SUPPORT THE SAME CLUB , we need no stupid comments about being a DJ fan or not.
Its just pathetic. Yes me and carl have said were DJ fans, and are not scared to admit it.

But when things dont go our way, its no need to slate us, and to ask for our opinion if we loose etc.

FORGET THE DJ GROUPS AND NON DJ GROUPS

WE ARE ALL CARDIFF CITY FANS AND WE SHOULD SUPPORT THEM 100%, REGARDLESS OF LEAGUE POSITION, MANAGER ETC.

I STILL BELIEVE WE WILL FINISH 2ND. WITH THE REST OF THE TEAMS AROUND US STILL PLAYING EACHOTHER :ayatollah:

AND ... EVEN IF WE DO END UP IN THE PLAYOFFS, HAVNT WE GOT THE BEST FORM AGAINST THE TOP 10 TEAMS ? ;)

"FORGET THE PAST, THINK OF THE FUTURE"

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: SUNDAY 20TH MARCH - STATISTIC UPDATE

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:29 pm

quality post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:37 pm

The massive games are not the ones where the top lot play each other. It is when they travel to the clubs fighting relegation that we have to watch! Those teams down the bottom will be fighting just as hard as the teams at the top! One of swansea's MASSIVE games as you put it will be away against Preston!!

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:44 pm

cracking post :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:49 pm

Cracking post mate, Although i fail to understand peoples excitement at Heaton coming back to fitness as i think he is a shit keeper as well. :roll:
Lets support the boys for the final push :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:52 pm

Glammy I really enjoy Reading Your Updates :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:13 pm

Glammy once again your stats have given me a glimmer of hope. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " SUNDAY 20TH MARCH - STATISTIC UPDATE "

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:15 pm

Great post as always Glammy!!! It actually made me feel slightly optimistic, however if Hudson is out for the season we will be in trouble! At the matches I agree we have to support the boys and dj 100% but I'll be shocked if we go up, from top to bottom we are just not good enough! If DJ takes us up I'll be the first to congratulate him but in my eyes we should win this league, however if we beat the Jacks five nil in the play off final I'll deliver a bunch of flowers and a bottle of champagne to DJ dressed as a chimp!

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Great post.. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:57 pm

More posts as positive as this one please!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:23 pm

Im still optomistic

Best thing about yesterday was the fighting spirit which was largely due to Bellamy and Burke terrorising their defence.

If we have Chopra Bothroyd and Hudson out for the rest of the season we are looking dodgy. so fingers crossed

But its is fight and determination that is needed now --whoever plays.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:50 am

here is more stats if you like them......

Cardiff
first 23 games = 40 points
next 15 games = 23 points
we now have 8 games left so if we equal our first 23 games total we will take 17 points from 24 ? :o

Total 80

The Jacks
first 23 games = 37 points
next 15 games = 29 points
so 8 games left if jacks equal their first 23 games total they will only pick up 8 more points :)

Total 74

Norwich
first 23 39 points
next 15 games = 28 points

so 8 games left if Norwich equal their first 23 games total they will only pick up 11 more points :)

Total 78

Cardiff 80
Norwich 78
Jacks 74

However If we mirror the results from the games played earlier in season for the remaining games each team has left then we will only get 12 pts :
3 wins 3 draws and 2 defeats which will give us 75 points (which BTW is 1 less than last season!!)

Using this system Norwich will pick up 16 points and the Jacks 10 points.

Norwich 83
Jacks 76
Cardiff 75

Who knows what will happen between now and the end of the season!! :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:49 pm

Great post very positive, 8 games now left and each game must be treated like a Cup Final we can do nothing about the teams above us but must concentrate on our own results if we really want promotion we have to go to Doncaster, Sheffield Utd and Preston and win no ifs no buts but to do that we have to fight and battle for the right to play then hopefully the quality we have will come through. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:54 pm

blueheaven wrote:Great post very positive, 8 games now left and each game must be treated like a Cup Final we can do nothing about the teams above us but must concentrate on our own results if we really want promotion we have to go to Doncaster, Sheffield Utd and Preston and win no ifs no buts but to do that we have to fight and battle for the right to play then hopefully the quality we have will come through. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am with you ALL the way on that :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
blueheaven wrote:Great post very positive, 8 games now left and each game must be treated like a Cup Final we can do nothing about the teams above us but must concentrate on our own results if we really want promotion we have to go to Doncaster, Sheffield Utd and Preston and win no ifs no buts but to do that we have to fight and battle for the right to play then hopefully the quality we have will come through. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am with you ALL the way on that :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am convinced we can still do it but the players must really want it and realise that no one is going to roll over and let us win we have to battle for every point games are running out but the prize is still there but do the Players want it enough the next few games will tell :?:

I really hope Hudson is not out for the rest of the Season because that will be a massive blow :(

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:30 pm

Mafor wrote:
But its is fight and determination that is needed now --whoever plays.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:58 pm

Was not on line yesterday glammy,first chance to view your work..Cheers mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:32 pm

glammy74 wrote:I for one was very pleased with the result yesterday against Millwall

Yes we conceded late again, but against a team who continue to drive and keep fighting for 90 mins and who also have a insane fan base who will cheer and chant them on, there's no wonder that they did equalize

Yes the keeper could have done better, but Heaton is back for the Derby game and should help us get back on a solid foundation and get some good wins under our belt. and also to help us get back on a good run :ayatollah:

The top 8's last 5 results were

QPR - WWLWW - 12 points out of 15
Norwich - DWWDW - 11 points out of 15
------------------------------------------------
Swansea - WLDLW - 7 points out of 15
Cardiff - DDLLW - 5 points out of 15
Leeds - LDWWL - 7 points out of 15
Forest - LDLLD - 3 points out of 15
---------------------------------------------
Reading - WWWDW - 13 points out of 15
Burnley - LDLWW - 7 points out of 15

As you can see apart from QPR, Reading and Norwich, no one else really capitalised from there past 5 games

Reading have appeared from nowhere and are doing really well of late and are showing that maybe they might be able to compete to get into the playoffs

There are still some massive games left this season amongst the top 7 or 8

These are ..

Saturday, 2 April
Leeds v Nott'm Forest
Hull v Millwall
Preston v Swansea

Saturday, 9 April
Leicester v Burnley
Millwall v Leeds
Watford v Hull
Swansea v Norwich - MASSIVE

Tuesday, 12 April
Nott'm Forest v Burnley
Swansea v Hull
Watford v Norwich

Friday, 15 April 2011
Norwich v Nott'm Forest

Saturday, 16 April
Burnley v Swansea
Leeds v Watford

Thursday, 21 April
Ipswich v Norwich

Friday, 22 April
Nott'm Forest v Leicester
Leeds v Reading

Saturday, 23 April
Cardiff v QPR

Saturday, 30 April
Leeds v Burnley
Millwall v Swansea

Saturday, 7 May
Burnley v Cardiff

Again this weekend, other results went our way apart from Swansea.
Norwich, Leeds, Burnley and Forest also dropped points which is good for us. We could have been 7 points behind Norwich if we lost and they won. But we both drew and its only a 4 point gap. So by no means is it over :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I was looking at the last games of the season. We have to play Burnley away which will be a really tough game.
With Norwich playing home to Coventry and Swansea playing home to Sheff Utd :roll:

If we are going to go for 2nd place, we need to have a little gap from these pair before the last game, as i can see them both winning there games.

Swansea have lost 1 more game than us at present with them loosing 12 and us loosing 11.

Surprisingly out of all the teams in the championship. Swansea have conceded the fewest amount of goals at home, only conceding 9 :shock:

Furthermore, We're not shy to score away from home with us sharing 3rd for scoring the most away goals

1st is Watford with 33
2nd is Leeds with 29
3rd is Cardiff, Norwich and Reading with 28

And we are share 2nd on the amount of games we have lost at home.

Joint 1st are QPR and Forest with 1 loss at home
Sharing 2nd are Cardiff, Swansea and Reading with 3 losses

Also, i know alot of you are suggesting that if we are to have a shout of finishing 2nd, we need to keep up with Norwich and Swansea's goal difference

Norwich's goal difference is currently +15
Swansea's is +17
Cardiff's is +14

So if you look, we aint a million miles behind. When we beat Derby 5-0 this will soon change ;) :ayatollah:

I believe that Cardiff have turned a corner now

The players knew that they had to raise there game yesterday and they did.

Even though Bothroyd and Hudson went off before HT, and Quinn was carrying a knock for 30 odd mins. We kept fighting.
When we are normally 2-1 down, we dont normally fight and end up being 3-2 up do we?
Yes in my opinion the keeper was to blame for Millwall's 3rd. But its nothing we can do about it now.
We take the positives and move on.
When Millwall went 2-1 up, the body language of the players looked different than usual, they looked more annoyed and frustrated
Do you think it was because they knew if they lost DJ was gone?

Anyway, I was pleased by how we fought in the game. Alot of you suggest that we dont fight and get stuck in, but i found we did that yesterday

The new Cardiff started yesterday. This is the Cardiff with drive, determination and passion
Was that due to the dressing room lock in after Barnsley?

I think so :ayatollah:

Believe it boys, The players and the manager have had their kick up the backside and now realise the task needed for the remaining games of the season.

We never use to show that fight and drive, but yesterday i thought we did.

That in my opinion should be a good thing, and now with this 2 week break, its time to FORGET THE PAST and think of the future.

As Carl said "KEEP THE FAITH AND BELIEVE"

This is what we all need to do. DJ fan or no DJ fan

WE ALL SUPPORT THE SAME CLUB , we need no stupid comments about being a DJ fan or not.
Its just pathetic. Yes me and carl have said were DJ fans, and are not scared to admit it.

But when things dont go our way, its no need to slate us, and to ask for our opinion if we loose etc.

FORGET THE DJ GROUPS AND NON DJ GROUPS

WE ARE ALL CARDIFF CITY FANS AND WE SHOULD SUPPORT THEM 100%, REGARDLESS OF LEAGUE POSITION, MANAGER ETC.

I STILL BELIEVE WE WILL FINISH 2ND. WITH THE REST OF THE TEAMS AROUND US STILL PLAYING EACHOTHER :ayatollah:

AND ... EVEN IF WE DO END UP IN THE PLAYOFFS, HAVNT WE GOT THE BEST FORM AGAINST THE TOP 10 TEAMS ? ;)

"FORGET THE PAST, THINK OF THE FUTURE"

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fantastic post as always keep the faith and stick together we can still do this :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:55 pm

Glammy Keep the positives coming :ayatollah: :ayatollah: