Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are you An England fan and support the city?

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:29 pm

Just curious???

Re: Are you An England fan and support the city?

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:33 pm

Not personally, but I know a good few that do, good blokes too. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:52 pm

I always support england in international footy..obviously wales comes first but i have 100% respect for england and want them to win the world cup

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:56 pm

ccfcdor wrote:I always support england in international footy..obviously wales comes first but i have 100% respect for england and want them to win the world cup

Same

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:43 am

f**k england i hope we smash them on saturday! i cant stand the team!

Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:45 am

ccfcdor wrote:I always support england in international footy..obviously wales comes first but i have 100% respect for england and want them to win the world cup

Love watching England at the world cup. They're as inept as a Dave Jones promotion chasing team.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:51 am

Always support all the home nations. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:00 am

AHERNE wrote:f**k england i hope we smash them on saturday! i cant stand the team!

THIS :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:23 am

CardiffLoyalist wrote:Always support all the home nations. :ayatollah:

I agree. I'd rather one of the home nations won something than one of those jonny foreigners! :D

Come Saturday though, there's only one team I'll be supporting. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:38 am

AHERNE wrote:f**k england i hope we smash them on saturday! i cant stand the team!

Same here :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:49 pm

born in cardiff, moved to plymouth as a baby and stayed there till i joined the army. live in wales now with my welsh wife and welsh children, cardiff city season ticket holder, cardiff city tattoo on my leg but feel and support england at rugby and football and very proud of it

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:51 pm

Wanting engerland to do well is like supporting the f**king Jacks when the City aren't playing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:55 pm

milly44 wrote:

THIS :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:16 pm

Yeah same...... apart from england :D

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:34 pm

Same here :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But on Saturday I will want Wales to Win. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:37 pm

Hate England and Scotland oh and Northern Ireland

apart from that I like all the Home nations :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:26 pm

english born,english mother,welsh dad,bort up on ccfc,far mor proud of my welsh heritage than english n on sat itll b wales all da way for me :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:33 pm

What I don't get is this. A lot of my mates who are welsh but would rather watch England play as they say it's better football to watch this annoys the f**k out of me!!

This is why Wales will always struggle!

Just to top it off they support teams like liver pool man u ect.. Do they ever go to the games??? Do they f**k!! f*cking plastic supporting fuckers!!

However when the egg is on it's like come on Wales!! Do the English!!

Need to get new mates I think!! Lol!!

Winds me up a treat! Many an argument :oops: :o :oops:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:29 pm

"CardiffLoyalist" serious we don't need any that or IRA crap at our stadium.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:07 pm

Loyalism is for Glaswegian's who still think it's the 1700s and the Northern Irish to justify English imperialism. :lol:

It's a good job I dislike the Northern Irish & England really!! Sectarian hatred is utter bollocks of the biggest degree. And it's something which in the past has summed up why Cardiff are the superior class of people over Swansea, because, only a bunch of BNP voting EDL marching morons would find enjoyment in that Red hand of Ulster shite. So I'm not sure why it's creeping into our support. Each to their own, but it really isn't for me... Funnily, I enjoy the old firm, and quite like Rangers as a football side. Largely, because I really dislike Celtic and they're fans behaviour which I find worse than Rangers half of the time. All that IRA terrorism stuff is a disgrace, burning poppies makes me want to be sick, and attacking people with blades is pure cowardly.

I wish football lads in Wales would learn that you can be a proud Welshman yet still be a Brit and not either/or without resorting to such far right or leftist political viewpoints! Cardiff will always be a Welsh club. But to be Welsh you have to accept your Britishness. They are far too inter-connected from the Green/White background on our flag (the colours of the Tudors, the English Royal family) to the fact theres been a Welsh Prime minister to the fact that hundreds of years of wars we have fought for OUR Welsh land as Britain alongside the English and Scots. No shame in it. It don't make me a loyalist, makes me a Welshman whose proud my roots yet understands regional differences. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Mc Murdo agree.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:36 pm

lived in england for 27 years and liked the national team up to about 98 when the wages and ego s got out of control and now you have money grabbing creeps like rooney,cashley cole and sleeze ball terry.i find it difficult to get behind people i cant stand.
plus you get the plastics with their face paint and cheap lager making out their football fans

seeing germany embarass the over paid brigade last time out was special for me

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:41 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:What I don't get is this. A lot of my mates who are welsh but would rather watch England play as they say it's better football to watch this annoys the f**k out of me!!

This is why Wales will always struggle!

Just to top it off they support teams like liver pool man u ect.. Do they ever go to the games??? Do they f**k!! f*cking plastic supporting fuckers!!

However when the egg is on it's like come on Wales!! Do the English!!

Need to get new mates I think!! Lol!!

Winds me up a treat! Many an argument :oops: :o :oops:

since ive lived in wales(2 years)ive seen this aswell mate.
seeing a man from port talbot supporting chelsea is madness to me
only 13000 people being out sung by a handful of bulgarians at ccs was very disappointing ive always got behind my home team grimsby town and hull i n england(dont laugh) and cardiff city and wales downhere

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:52 pm

English bluebird!! It's like being born and living in Manchester but supporting Cardiff and Wales!!

Don't make sense to me!!! :roll: :roll:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:00 pm

McMurdo wrote:Loyalism is for Glaswegian's who still think it's the 1700s and the Northern Irish to justify English imperialism. :lol:

They are far too inter-connected from the Green/White background on our flag (the colours of the Tudors, the English Royal family) to the fact theres been a Welsh Prime minister to the fact that hundreds of years of wars we have fought for OUR Welsh land as Britain alongside the English and Scots. No shame in it. It don't make me a loyalist, makes me a Welshman whose proud my roots yet understands regional differences. :ayatollah:

thats fair enough mate but where is our welsh flag or even st davids flag in the union jack............ ah no where thats how much we are part of britain!!

Also from history lessons in school all those years ago i always thought all those years ago the celts were in battle with the the english, owain glyndwr the last prince of wales, and then you got william wallace of scotland fighting off the engilsh!! we have always had to fight off the english, thats how we nearly lost the welsh language!!

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:03 pm

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN peanut brain.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:10 pm

brewer918 wrote:
McMurdo wrote:Loyalism is for Glaswegian's who still think it's the 1700s and the Northern Irish to justify English imperialism. :lol:

They are far too inter-connected from the Green/White background on our flag (the colours of the Tudors, the English Royal family) to the fact theres been a Welsh Prime minister to the fact that hundreds of years of wars we have fought for OUR Welsh land as Britain alongside the English and Scots. No shame in it. It don't make me a loyalist, makes me a Welshman whose proud my roots yet understands regional differences. :ayatollah:

thats fair enough mate but where is our welsh flag or even st davids flag in the union jack............ ah no where thats how much we are part of britain!!

Also from history lessons in school all those years ago i always thought all those years ago the celts were in battle with the the english, owain glyndwr the last prince of wales, and then you got william wallace of scotland fighting off the engilsh!! we have always had to fight off the english, thats how we nearly lost the welsh language!!

Of course, but with all respect to saying that, you don't learn an entire two thousand years of Welsh history in school, you learn the more interesting sides to whatever a particular debate is. Of course the Welsh were invaded by the Romans and then the English and so on, of course they tried to subdue our language and try to force all aspects of Welshness to die out. And honestly f**k them for it. But what you know as being Welsh in this time means just as much to be English as it does Welsh. You speak English, you learn from what was an English educational system, it might not be right in the greater scheme of things, but it's exactly how it is. If you can get where im coming from. I'm still a proud Welsh, not an English or a proud Brit (like a Loyalist is), but I can accept the part being Welsh has to be play in Britain if you get me?

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:14 pm

Oh and I couldn't give a toss about the Union Jack, as, as you've said it doesn't even accept Wales even exists. So a Welshman to wave that doesn't really have a clue...