Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " KEEP THE FAITH AND BELIEVE "

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:We are going up automatically :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Norwich who are currently in second place next 5 games are Scunthorpe (H), Swansea (A), Watford (A), Forest (H), Ipswich (A).

Swansea who are currently third their next 5 games are Preston (A), Norwich (H), Hull (H), Burnley (A), Portsmouth (A).

Our next 5 games Derby (H), Doncaster (A), Sheff Utd (A), Portsmouth (H), QPR (H).

I believe that when we play QPR at home we will take second spot and remain there until the Premier League. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Would you rather swap our fixtures for one of theirs ?

Carl personally I dont think it matters who we play as we make hard work against any team.
2pts from a possible 12pts against 4 Mediocre teams, You even Said, WE WIll get at least 10pts from those 12pts .
Burke only played yesterday because DJ was Forced to play him, due to Chops injury, yet I would of still been playing him when Chops was playing.
On paper we should still get 2nd spot. But at this more the on paper seems to be miles away.

In my opinion it aint in our hands anymore. Its upto the jacks and norwich to F**k it up and i cant see that happening tbh.

The jacks (as much as it hurts me to say this) are probably playing the best football in the championship at the mo and norwich are playing well.

I would love to eat humble pie and be proven wrong at the end of the season but i really dont believe that dave jones has the balls for it .

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:28 pm

i have always maintained we will go up automatic , i still stand by that view :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:33 pm

ccfcbluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Norwich who are currently in second place next 5 games are Scunthorpe (H), Swansea (A), Watford (A), Forest (H), Ipswich (A).

Swansea who are currently third their next 5 games are Preston (A), Norwich (H), Hull (H), Burnley (A), Portsmouth (A).

Our next 5 games Derby (H), Doncaster (A), Sheff Utd (A), Portsmouth (H), QPR (H).

I believe that when we play QPR at home we will take second spot and remain there until the Premier League. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Carl personally I dont think it matters who we play as we make hard work against any team.
2pts from a possible 12pts against 4 Mediocre teams, You even Said, WE WIll get at least 10pts from those 12pts .
Burke only played yesterday because DJ was Forced to play him, due to Chops injury, yet I would of still been playing him when Chops was playing.
On paper we should still get 2nd spot. But at this more the on paper seems to be miles away.

In my opinion it aint in our hands anymore. Its upto the jacks and norwich to F**k it up and i cant see that happening tbh.

The jacks (as much as it hurts me to say this) are probably playing the best football in the championship at the mo and norwich are playing well.

I would love to eat humble pie and be proven wrong at the end of the season but i really dont believe that dave jones has the balls for it .

norwich and jacks will def not win all remaing games, they also have to play each other so 1 or both will drop pts that game , we just have to win 2 more than they do , or even 1 win and draw more we could go up on gd , we will do it believe , why be negative :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:55 pm

Carl when we played Ipswich,Palace, Barnsley you and i expected 9 points but we got 1 :o So with Chopra out for the season who will lead the attack as Jay can't be bothered. Who will marshall our defence now Hudson is out ? (Why couldn't he of got himself injured when he was shit :lol: ) We cant hold a lead for toffee and our defence is piss poor. One of the best Central defenders in this League is Anthony Gerrard and your mate Dave Jones has given him away for the season :shock: but hey he got rid because he fell out with him, Sound familiar with a lot of players.
I wish i could be as hopeful as you but come the end of the season i wont hurt as much as you as i have accepted the situation and prepared myself long ago. Sorry Carl i cant bring myself to like or support Dave Jones or how he treats our younger players. One thing DJ has been consistent on is him bottling it season after season and i fear he wont change this season either.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:59 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Carl when we played Ipswich,Palace, Barnsley you and i expected 9 points but we got 1 :o So with Chopra out for the season who will lead the attack as Jay can't be bothered. Who will marshall our defence now Hudson is out ? (Why couldn't he of got himself injured when he was shit :lol: ) We cant hold a lead for toffee and our defence is piss poor. One of the best Central defenders in this League is Anthony Gerrard and your mate Dave Jones has given him away for the season :shock: but hey he got rid because he fell out with him, Sound familiar with a lot of players.
I wish i could be as hopeful as you but come the end of the season i wont hurt as much as you as i have accepted the situation and prepared myself long ago. Sorry Carl i cant bring myself to like or support Dave Jones or how he treats our younger players. One thing DJ has been consistent on is him bottling it season after season and i fear he wont change this season either.

burkey showed yesterday what chopra had failed to do this year :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: KEEP THE FAITH AND BELIEVE

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:03 pm

Bluebina wrote:
I am with you as ever Carl, in the positive camp, we are heavily outnumbered but you are so right, we have the best run in and are looking to bring in a loan or two :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We have had such bad luck on the injury front, and with decisions and deflected goals against, I am convinced our luck must change just at the right time, and hopefully next game we will have a keeper again between the posts :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We are only heavily outnumbered on this forum - out in the world of non-forum members the positives are in the majority!

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:24 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
I am with you as ever Carl, in the positive camp, we are heavily outnumbered but you are so right, we have the best run in and are looking to bring in a loan or two :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We have had such bad luck on the injury front, and with decisions and deflected goals against, I am convinced our luck must change just at the right time, and hopefully next game we will have a keeper again between the posts :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We are only heavily outnumbered on this forum - out in the world of non-forum members the positives are in the majority!

I thought the Malaysians have said no to any more loan signings. And anyway Jones will say all the best ones are gone but it didn't stop the Jacks finding another Jem. He said before the game he was looking to score in every game !! well he got 2 yesterday, That's confidence for you

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:30 pm

This little break is coming at a great time for us, and we'll use it to regroup and fire ourselves to the Premier League via 2nd spot.

A lot of folk are bigging up the Jacks just now, and while they have done well they have won one game in four. Now, I know we haven't won any in four but there is nothing to choose between the sides at present. Norwich are about to crumble and Forest could well be about to drop out the top six - though the break could be coming at a good time for them as well.

It's all good lads, and lasses :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:41 pm

Carl - love how you keep the faith but your heart is ruling your head on this! We've already blown automatic and this team and manager don't have the bottle for the play offs! DJ should have gone after the Bristol debacle

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:02 pm

griff105 wrote:Big win against Derby, a bit of confidence and we are on our way.
Yes we have blown some easy points but christ we have been unlucky.
Great trip yesterday and if we had Heaton in goal we would have 3 pts.
Its still on, so I still believe. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I said that if We Beat Ipswich/Barnsley/Palace/Millwall .

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:03 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Carl when we played Ipswich,Palace, Barnsley you and i expected 9 points but we got 1 :o So with Chopra out for the season who will lead the attack as Jay can't be bothered. Who will marshall our defence now Hudson is out ? (Why couldn't he of got himself injured when he was shit :lol: ) We cant hold a lead for toffee and our defence is piss poor. One of the best Central defenders in this League is Anthony Gerrard and your mate Dave Jones has given him away for the season :shock: but hey he got rid because he fell out with him, Sound familiar with a lot of players.

Steve

Carl Said We would get 10pts from those 12pts Hmm.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:04 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

I think you will find they are Def Not, I WISH THEY WERE.

Rem a year ago I was Totally out numbered, DJ did All this Not Me or The Forum that Incompetent Manager.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:54 pm

Lenty more twists and turns yet and we are still in the mix.

I expected us to get more points from recent games but also expected others to get more.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Lenty more twists and turns yet and we are still in the mix.

I expected us to get more points from recent games but also expected others to get more.

agreed.

didnt people say burnley would overtake us by now? :lol:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:00 pm

In football, ANYTHING is possible! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old: :old: :old:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Steve

Carl Said We would get 10pts from those 12pts Hmm.

Just pray Carl is right on his next prediction of points :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:08 pm

2 points from 12. The other promotion sides must be quaking in their boots. Or most probably laughing their nuts off.

Re: " KEEP THE FAITH AND BELIEVE

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:33 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:2 points from 12. The other promotion sides must be quaking in their boots. Or most probably laughing their nuts off.

I know with them all in such good form :?

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:54 pm

I respect your optimism but it seems to be irrelevant who we play, we just can't beat anyone at the moment. At this stage of the season I would have thought the easiest teams to beat would be the ones in the lower half of the table but not in real danger of relegation (Ipswich, Barnsley etc). Two extremely poor teams who we failed to put away. I think we might put in a decent end of season run but unfortunately I fear our season defining period will be this recent run of results since Ipswich against very average teams when we have got 2 from 12 or what ever it is.

Although in my attempt to be positive, perhaps this spate of injuries and criticism might have a galvanising affect on the team and we might see some real fight. Backs to the wall, spirit of the blitz stuff etc. Here's hoping! :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:07 pm

I respect your faith Carl but I'm preparing for Championship football next season which is a shambles given the squad we have. Anything we do is just a miracle bonus to me. I honestly cannot see us going up. We'll struggle to make the playoffs at this rate.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:10 pm

Zabier wrote:I respect your faith Carl but I'm preparing for Championship football next season which is a shambles given the squad we have. Anything we do is just a miracle bonus to me. I honestly cannot see us going up. We'll struggle to make the playoffs at this rate.

We'll all be going to Brighton next season :ayatollah: :(

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:28 am

Unfortunately I can see the JB's picking up 2nd place and auto. Sorry Carl. :(

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:27 am

Keep it going Carl!

Impossible is nothing.

Leave the negative lot to their negative ways and we'll just get on with it.

Some people need to appreciate the good times while they're rolling.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:42 am

DaveSheffield wrote:Keep it going Carl!

Impossible is nothing.

Leave the negative lot to their negative ways and we'll just get on with it.

Some people need to appreciate the good times while they're rolling.

Dave, do you think if we fail to gain promotion, this season will be classed as a good era? The way we are playing gives us no cause to be positive as can you honestly see Jones being tactically superiour in the play offs? Because that is where we are heading at the very best. I also wonder how positive you will be come kick off in August if we are still playing in this nightmare of a league with the likes of Wigan, West Ham, Wolves, Brum and West Brom in the relagation battle in the prem, all of these teams will probably keep most of their squad together it will be 10 times harder next season to secure that promotion spot if we fail this year.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:54 am

I believe. We're 4 points from second with 24 points left to play for, far from being done and dusted.

Forget the last few games they're gone, we've got players capable of getting our club to the end of this rollercoaster season with success.

We can do it. Negativity achieves nothing, Jones is going nowhere, injuries happen and those coming in have got to take their chance.

C'mon City! :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:16 am

Carl i have been convinced ever since i walked out of Wembley after the Play Off Final that we would go up this year just as i was equally convinced from December last season that we would go all the way to Wembley but lose in the PO Final :(

So i have kept the faith and still think we can do it but we now need to put an hell of a run together something we have only done once this season during October. A sobering thought is based on the next 5 fixtures which are impossible to predict but if you assume Norwich take 9 points that puts them on 76 and the Jerks pick up 11 points puts them on 77 points and we pick up 12 points puts us on 75 points we would then still be in 4th spot 2 points behind the Jerks with 3 games to go!

Although it would still be possible to get automatic it would be very very difficult and i am starting to think we are going to have to do it the hard way through the Play Offs again however i am still convinced we will be playing Premiership Football next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:34 am

Apr 2 / 3 / 4 fixtures

Cardiff v Derby

Leeds v Forest
Burnley v Ipswich
Norwich v Scunthorpe
PNE v Swansea
Reading v Portsmouth
QPR v Sheff U

with QPR not playing til the Mon nite then all the above have a chance to put some pressure on them for a change !

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:12 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:In football, ANYTHING is possible! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old: :old: :old:

Rick, that is very very true :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:18 pm

WE WILL GO UP THIS YEAR!!!!!!

LETS HAVE SOME FAITH ON HERE COME ON FFS
:D

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:28 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:WE WILL GO UP THIS YEAR!!!!!!

LETS HAVE SOME FAITH ON HERE COME ON FFS
:D

Just for you Baz! :D