Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" KEEP THE FAITH AND BELIEVE "

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:55 pm

We are going up automatically :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Norwich who are currently in second place next 5 games are Scunthorpe (H), Swansea (A), Watford (A), Forest (H), Ipswich (A).

Swansea who are currently third their next 5 games are Preston (A), Norwich (H), Hull (H), Burnley (A), Portsmouth (A).

Our next 5 games Derby (H), Doncaster (A), Sheff Utd (A), Portsmouth (H), QPR (H).

I believe that when we play QPR at home we will take second spot and remain there until the Premier League. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Would you rather swap our fixtures for one of theirs ?

Re: KEEP THE FAITH AND BELIEVE

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:58 pm

Don't mean to bring any gloom, but I would swap run ins actually. Our record against teams at the top is very good; ours against 'easy' teams isn't (looking at it through th science of form).

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:59 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:03 pm

carlccfc wrote:We are going up automatically :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Norwich who are currently in second place next 5 games are Scunthorpe (H), Swansea (A), Watford (A), Forest (H), Ipswich (A).

Swansea who are currently third their next 5 games are Preston (A), Norwich (H), Hull (H), Burnley (A), Portsmouth (A).

Our next 5 games Derby (H), Doncaster (A), Sheff Utd (A), Portsmouth (H), QPR (H).

I believe that when we play QPR at home we will take second spot and remain there until the Premier League. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am with you as ever Carl, in the positive camp, we are heavily outnumbered but you are so right, we have the best run in and are looking to bring in a loan or two :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We have had such bad luck on the injury front, and with decisions and deflected goals against, I am convinced our luck must change just at the right time, and hopefully next game we will have a keeper again between the posts :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:06 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Don't mean to bring any gloom, but I would swap run ins actually. Our record against teams at the top is very good; ours against 'easy' teams isn't (looking at it through th science of form).

well you cant swap it is not allowed :lol: :D :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:07 pm

th_glass-half-full1.jpg

No doubt which way your thumb is pointing Carl. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:08 pm

castleblue wrote:

th_glass-half-full1.jpg

Not just me but many others including the management and players :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:08 pm

carlccfc wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Don't mean to bring any gloom, but I would swap run ins actually. Our record against teams at the top is very good; ours against 'easy' teams isn't (looking at it through th science of form).

well you cant swap it is not allowed :lol: :D :ayatollah:

If I offer them some Jager then they might make an exception :D

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:09 pm

Carl, are you confident that if Kamara doesnt end up coming here ,that DJ will have some one else up his sleeve?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:09 pm

I've just purchased 3 white coats. Now I'm looking for volunteers to make use of them.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:11 pm

carlccfc wrote:
castleblue wrote:

th_glass-half-full1.jpg

Not just me but many others including the management and players :ayatollah:

If our manager thinks we are getting promoted I have another picture for him.

head_in_the_sand-461x307.jpg

;) ;) ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:13 pm

no chance we are going up automatically

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:13 pm

Realisticaly we should win most of them bit the way we have been im not so optomistic bywater just isnt up to scratch imo hudsons out for god knoes bothroyd already packed his bags chopras at the blackjack table and bellamy fighting bouncers burke misses home.... Dont look good

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:14 pm

unfortunately carl is fast running out,i honestly believe its play offs for us,i want to share your enthusiasm but i cant imagine us going on a winning streak :( sorry for being negative :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:15 pm

We have had really good looking fixtures before and cant win them , not even draw them , so why when we and not playing as well as we were ,make you think we can win them or even draw them.? and Believe it or not I have always been for DJ

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:18 pm

Carl, Time will tell as they say, but as for now I'm just about still in your camp.
Games are running out fast, so lets all kept the faith :?

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:24 pm

I really do think the Swans will go up in Auto and Nowrich will take the play offs . I pray Im wrong and it will be us, but my head tells me NO

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:25 pm

Who we have got to play over the next 5 games mean NOTHING, as showen over the last 4 games, 2 pts from 12 thats a joke. And to top it off we are getting injurys that is not good, I hope all you are saying comes true :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:28 pm

Sorry mate, can't see this turning around, i hope as all but, my head is telling me more heartache. We cannot rely on other teams f*cking it up, thats usually us on recent history.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:34 pm

We should win at least 4 of them games, but we need to start doing the basics right. I think we have been our own worst enemy the last few games and gifted teams goals.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:35 pm

Sorry Carl before the Ipswich game on sky Alan Smith made a comment that we have 6 very winable games coming up! 4 have passed and we have not won one. I would love to have the optimism the likes of you and Glammy have but games are running out and we are in a mess again defensivley. I have said it before it is the managers job to ensure the team is prepared going on to the pitch and to have them mentally switched on for the whole 90mins + and if certain players are switching off then he should give them a kick up the backside. It seems like we go infront and they all think job done, they have had numerous goals against them due to a lapse of concentration at crucial times. To me the manager is not motivating his players and I would love to hear one of his half time team talks does he even take his hands out of his pockets!! What good did that lock in do last week? Probably a lock in with kegs of lager by the looks of it!

In my opinion we now need to win 7 of the last 8 games to secure promotion, can you honestly see this team with Jones' tactics pulling this off, don't forget 2 season ago we needed 1 point from the last 3 or so games to secure a play off place. What happened, we screwed it up because Jones' record with us shows that he can not get this team over the line.

All this let him stay and see what happens is nonsense as we need a new tactical approach to ensure we don't screw it up in grand fashion and miss out on the play offs. What then happens if he stays and we fail again we could find our club in a very serious situation as we only own half of our team and there will undoubtedly be an exodus from CCS including the players we own.

The change needs to be made now while we can still save our season! If not and Jones get us up I will personally write to him and take back all I have said.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:05 pm

wdb2721 wrote:Sorry Carl before the Ipswich game on sky Alan Smith made a comment that we have 6 very winable games coming up! 4 have passed and we have not won one. I would love to have the optimism the likes of you and Glammy have but games are running out and we are in a mess again defensivley. I have said it before it is the managers job to ensure the team is prepared going on to the pitch and to have them mentally switched on for the whole 90mins + and if certain players are switching off then he should give them a kick up the backside. It seems like we go infront and they all think job done, they have had numerous goals against them due to a lapse of concentration at crucial times. To me the manager is not motivating his players and I would love to hear one of his half time team talks does he even take his hands out of his pockets!! What good did that lock in do last week? Probably a lock in with kegs of lager by the looks of it!

In my opinion we now need to win 7 of the last 8 games to secure promotion, can you honestly see this team with Jones' tactics pulling this off, don't forget 2 season ago we needed 1 point from the last 3 or so games to secure a play off place. What happened, we screwed it up because Jones' record with us shows that he can not get this team over the line.

All this let him stay and see what happens is nonsense as we need a new tactical approach to ensure we don't screw it up in grand fashion and miss out on the play offs. What then happens if he stays and we fail again we could find our club in a very serious situation as we only own half of our team and there will undoubtedly be an exodus from CCS including the players we own.

Somehow wdb I don't think your pen will be needed/ :?

I would change now B***S to what ever anyone else says -specially if the new man gets us promoted!

The change needs to be made now while we can still save our season! If not and Jones get us up I will personally write to him and take back all I have said.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:08 pm

carl i admire your loyalties to dave jones but i think your in dreamland, norwich will beat most of the teams they have got left scunny ,forest maybe draw with the jacks but they wont bottle it like our players and manager hope you are right and i am wrong i will gladly buy you a pint if we go up after waiting 35 years for it to happen

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:12 pm

CARL HAVE YOU BEEN INHALING THOSE FUMES AGAIN FROM THE STEELWORKS

WE WILL BE CLOSER TO 7TH THAN 2ND COME THE END SEASON

Re: " KEEP THE FAITH AND BELIEVE "

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:16 pm

Carl personally I dont think it matters who we play as we make hard work against any team.
2pts from a possible 12pts against 4 Mediocre teams, You even Said, WE WIll get at least 10pts from those 12pts .
Burke only played yesterday because DJ was Forced to play him, due to Chops injury, yet I would of still been playing him when Chops was playing.
On paper we should still get 2nd spot. But at this more the on paper seems to be miles away.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Carl personally I dont think it matters who we play as we make hard work against any team.

Your post is spot on and takes the words out of my mouth. These Injury problems also add too our problems of which there are many.
2pts from a possible 12pts against 4 Mediocre teams, You even Said, WE WIll get at least 10pts from those 12pts .
Burke only played yesterday because DJ was Forced to play him, due to Chops injury, yet I would of still been playing him when Chops was playing.
On paper we should still get 2nd spot. But at this more the on paper seems to be miles away.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:48 pm

Carl with the greatest respect I think you are relying on blind faith. There is no evidence to suggest that we are capable of holding onto a lead no matter who we play. The reality of our situation is that despite repeated promises that we will get our season back on track, we now find ourselves with only 8 games remaining and at our lowest position we have been all season with no time left to rectify things. Unfortunately its now down to luck or chance if we make the playoffs etc and thats all we can realistically do is support the team and hope that lady luck shines on us this year.We are no longer in control of our destiny as this date has sadly passed us by.To suggest that our situation is anything less is being unrealistic.The question of DJ going is now irrelavant as it would appear that the boards inability to make a strategic change has now passed and they have no choice but to tuff it out like the rest of us.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:56 pm

Big win against Derby, a bit of confidence and we are on our way.
Yes we have blown some easy points but christ we have been unlucky.
Great trip yesterday and if we had Heaton in goal we would have 3 pts.
Its still on, so I still believe. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:57 pm

Sod it-I'm with you Carl.

Blind faith.

:ayatollah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9ymILflac0

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:23 pm

24 points left to play for, 4 points behind 2nd, don't give up on 2nd till it's mathematically impossible :ayatollah: