Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CITY MAKE AN APPROACH BUT WILL THEY BE SUCCESSFUL ? "

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:42 pm

City, I understand have made an enquiry for Diomansy Kamara from Fulham to hopefully bring in on loan until the end of the season, there is a clutch of clubs interested in signing him and one the clubs, Leicester, are trying hard to convince Kamara to join them too.

There is, as always, a stumbling block for City and that is Kamara is on £24k per week and Leicester, I am told, have offered to pay the full amount.

If DJ is successful in convincing Kamara to come to South Wales then deal, I am told, is down to Vincent Tan and whether or not he funds the deal.

Re: CITY MAKE AN APPROACH BUT WILL THEY BE SUCCESSFUL ?

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:47 pm

carlccfc wrote:City, I understand have made an enquiry for Diomansy Kamara from Fulham to hopefully bring in on loan until the end of the season, there is a clutch of clubs interested in signing him and one the clubs, Leicester, are trying hard to convince Kamara to join them too.

There is, as always, a stumbling block for City and that is Kamara is on £24k per week and Leicester, I am told, have offered to pay the full amount.

If DJ is successful in convincing Kamara to come to South Wales then deal, I am told, is down to Vincent Tan and whether or not he funds the deal.

Thats going to be hard, if leicester have offered to pay 24k a week

VT and TG wont do that i know

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:48 pm

carlccfc wrote:City, I understand have made an enquiry for Diomansy Kamara from Fulham to hopefully bring in on loan until the end of the season, there is a clutch of clubs interested in signing him and one the clubs, Leicester, are trying hard to convince Kamara to join them too.

Tidy, we have to be in it to win it !!!!

I am pleased that it sounds like we are still going to have one final push, fingers crossed. if we fail move on to the next target :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:54 pm

has DJ got any other targets if we dont sign kamara? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:59 pm

bluebirdsmad123 wrote:has DJ got any other targets if we dont sign kamara? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Of course he will, you have to have other options......

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:05 pm

freddie sears i wud get :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:14 pm

Carl will it a loan or permanent transfer. Says here we are considering a permanent transfer. Either way I hope we get him.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -23001327/

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:15 pm

MORE LIKE BILLIE JO SPEARS

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:23 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 21,00.html

Sounds like leicester arnt THAT interested

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:28 pm

Cant see if happening on those wages.

Would love someone like him here. He wants a permanent move and if he ends up here on that, it tells me the Malaysians are serious enough to give it another go next season.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:52 pm

Kamara would be a great signing at this level! He's proven he can do it in the championship

Re: " CITY MAKE AN APPROACH BUT WILL THEY BE SUCCESSFUL ? "

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:09 pm

He should know he'll get plenty of game time here.

Leicester have Yakubu, Gallagher and Vassell.

We have Bothroyd who went off injured yesterday.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:10 pm

Its in the sunday people today.
sticking point is as well as the wages the player wants to turn any loan deal into a permanent move.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:27 pm

bluebirdsmad123 wrote:freddie sears i wud get :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The way we are now even Freddie Star would be ok :lol:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:31 pm

we are going to have to do what ever it takes to get kamara, we have injuries and its going to be even harder to push for 2nd spot. get him in!

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:36 pm

Saw him play for Celtic last year, he's useless

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:26 pm

welshie wrote:Saw him play for Celtic last year, he's useless

Agreed.

Wasn't it heavily mentioned a while back that your owners don't want to pay big transfer fees but will fund big wages?

If so £24k shouldn't be a problem.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:39 pm

Why can't we go for a young player who has heart have the will to win. The Jacks got a great deal with this Chelsea lad why can't Jones do the same. But why is he always trying to find that 3 legged Wonkey :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:14 pm

On Wikipedia already!! :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diomansy_Kamara

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:34 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Why can't we go for a young player who has heart have the will to win. The Jacks got a great deal with this Chelsea lad why can't Jones do the same. But why is he always trying to find that 3 legged Wonkey :lol: :lol:

Jones will find some donkey, no doubt.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:17 pm

Thinking about it,if DJ is allowed one more loan ,if Hudson is out for the season I'm sure he'll go for a cetre back. :old:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:18 pm

sleepwalker wrote:Thinking about it,if DJ is allowed one more loan ,if Hudson is out for the season I'm sure he'll go for a cetre back. :old:

nahh, we got people who can fit in there, like kev, gyepes and blake

but we have no strikers

so a striker is a must :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:23 pm

Hasn't sears scored something like 2 goals in 2 years or something silly like that?

Kamara is good but I always think of him as an attacking wide player a bit like bellers.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:29 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Hasn't sears scored something like 2 goals in 2 years or something silly like that?

Kamara is good but I always think of him as an attacking wide player a bit like bellers.

Could play a part in a front 3......if DJ wasnt so stuck on 4-4-2!!! :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:30 pm

Dange wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Hasn't sears scored something like 2 goals in 2 years or something silly like that?

Could play a part in a front 3......if DJ wasnt so stuck on 4-4-2!!! :ayatollah:

could have

kamara --- parkin ---- bellamy

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:32 pm

I don't think DJ is tbh, Ipswich and palace we started 4-5-1/4-3-3. With chops used more wide.... I don't think it works myself.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:59 pm

kamara will prob foolow the Yak
failing that if jones needs a striker i'm available , . would be ideal as our team have folded :lol:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:02 pm

stickywicket wrote:Its in the sunday people today.
sticking point is as well as the wages the player wants to turn any loan deal into a permanent move.

If he helped get us promoted then £24k would be chicken feed....

Are they (the Board) confident it can still be done??

The next few days will be telling indeed....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:12 pm

bluebirdsmad123 wrote:has DJ got any other targets if we dont sign kamara? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

yes lee sharpe , paul wheeler and rhys weston :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:20 pm

I hear andy campbell has been playing well recently for whitby town. he scored not so long ago..
he's gotta be worth a look ... :mrgreen: