Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New Strikers for next season??

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:28 pm

If the worst should happen and we find ourselves in this division again next season what are people's thoughts about who should be playing up front for us next season?? I personally think Jay will be off and the way he is performing at the moment would he be missed? And if the stories about Chops partying until the early hours before the Barnsley game are true then does he deserve to wear the shirt? I would love to have Craig Bellamy whichever division we are in as the guy is Cardiff through and through and our directors should move heaven and earth to keep him!!! I would like to perm a couple from these guys... Nicky Maynard, Brett Pitmann, Danny Graham, Kris Boyd or even Ched Evans. If only we currently had a guy like Phil Stant up front for us now!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: New Strikers for next season??

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:31 pm

We found one last night at the services station we stopped at. He was last seen being carried out, not too sure where we hid him.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:37 pm

yes that was david nuggent,but when carl and my son ryan put him down,he has a knee injury,should fit in well at cardiff,kitson and cotteril were laughing there bollocks off.even there manager had a good chat with us cardiff fans.top bloke.top footballers eating burger king :lol:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:49 pm

I didnt realise, until earlier in the week, that Nathan Ellington is with Preston

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:45 pm

I didnt realise, until earlier in the week, that Nathan Ellington is with Preston

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:46 pm

Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:If the worst should happen and we find ourselves in this division again next season what are people's thoughts about who should be playing up front for us next season?? I personally think Jay will be off and the way he is performing at the moment would he be missed? And if the stories about Chops partying until the early hours before the Barnsley game are true then does he deserve to wear the shirt? I would love to have Craig Bellamy whichever division we are in as the guy is Cardiff through and through and our directors should move heaven and earth to keep him!!! I would like to perm a couple from these guys... Nicky Maynard, Brett Pitmann, Danny Graham, Kris Boyd or even Ched Evans. If only we currently had a guy like Phil Stant up front for us now!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think Maynard and Graham will be playing Premier league next year. Pitman would cost a bit, but Boyd might be a possibility, doesnt seem to be working out for him at 'Boro. Evans... nah.

What about Lefondre, he looks like he could be worth a gamble.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:16 pm

ginge68 wrote:yes that was david nuggent,but when carl and my son ryan put him down,he has a knee injury,should fit in well at cardiff,kitson and cotteril were laughing there bollocks off.even there manager had a good chat with us cardiff fans.top bloke.top footballers eating burger king :lol:

What happened then....they just went over to Nugent and picked him up lol???

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:14 pm

Most teams in this division have at least one or two players who could do a job in the premiership. Even if we don't go up I hope that the Malaysians sanction the rebuilding of our team next season by signing where possible some of the better players in this league. For example Watford's Danny Graham (and possibly Sordell) along with Nicky Maynard and Albert Adomah from Bristol City are players who we should be looking to sign. Also someone like Jimmy Bullard always does well at this level and could probably do ok in the Prem. The Malaysians would have to spend a few million but they have the money so should be prepared to invest. The reason they bought our Club is to get to the Premiership in order to get the big money that's available there and also the Premiership platform which will allow them and their companies to exploit various luctrative markets in the UK