Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mark Hudson out for season

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:15 am

I have just heard that mark Hudson's medial knee ligament injury will keep him out for the rest of the season, Bothroyd has done his hamstring again and Quinn has also pulled a muscle, sorry to bring the bad news, let's just hope we can work some magic with the international break!

Re: Mark Hudson out for season

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:17 am

Merlin wrote:I have just heard that mark Hudson's medial knee ligament injury will keep him out for the rest of the season, Bothroyd has done his hamstring again and Quinn has also pulled a muscle, sorry to bring the bad news, let's just hope we can work some magic with the international break!

This 2 week break will help us without doubt. Heaton will be back and so will Jay.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:I have just heard that mark Hudson's medial knee ligament injury will keep him out for the rest of the season, Bothroyd has done his hamstring again and Quinn has also pulled a muscle, sorry to bring the bad news, let's just hope we can work some magic with the international break!

This 2 week break will help us without doubt. Heaton will be back and so will Jay.

If it's true about Hudson, that's another big blow! He was holding the back together, coming into his own and finally showing his worth to the team! Gutted.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:22 am

Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

If it's true about Hudson, that's another big blow! He was holding the back together, coming into his own and finally showing his worth to the team! Gutted.

Craig, I agree, but they wont know the full extent of his injury till Monday afternoon.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:25 am

From Jay's twitter:

'My injury was muscle spasm I hope scan Monday . I think I should be ok for derby . Fans quality today we should have won though!!! about 16 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone '

He then goes on to say a lot about the fan who fell. Ryan Oliver?

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:52 am

If Hudson is fecked then so are we.

Between him and McNaughton for player of the season, Gyepes isnt a patch on him -as shown yesterday.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:55 am

Lawnmower wrote:If Hudson is fecked then so are we.

Between him and McNaughton for player of the season, Gyepes isnt a patch on him -as shown yesterday.

Hear hear

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:23 am

For all the Hudson knockers out there, It showed yesterday when he went off what a difference he makes to the back 4, organising,talking,positional play etc , Gypes had a shocker and gave away another penalty due to lack of pace and we had large gaps between the two centre halfs when he came on.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:25 am

chopra is out, jonesy still aint sacked hudson gone!! could things get anyworse!?!? what now? keoghs coming back??

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:57 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:chopra is out, jonesy still aint sacked hudson gone!! could things get anyworse!?!? what now? keoghs coming back??

I didn't mind Keogh :shock:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:37 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:chopra is out, jonesy still aint sacked hudson gone!! could things get anyworse!?!? what now? keoghs coming back??

it could be worse,we could not be heavily involved in the promotion battle

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:43 pm

englishbluebird wrote:

stick darcy at CB,he did well there towards the end of last season,or kev back in the centre and darcy out wide

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:44 pm

englishbluebird wrote:

we dont look heavily involved though

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:46 pm

englishbluebird wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:

stick darcy at CB,he did well there towards the end of last season,or kev back in the centre and darcy out wide

Good shout that Chief :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:49 pm

englishbluebird wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:

Yeah, anyone but effing Gypes.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:11 pm

What happened to Hudson being league 2 standard?? Oh no that was last season , now we can't do without him.

I forgot it's Bothroyd getting the stick now :lol:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:What happened to Hudson being league 2 standard?? Oh no that was last season , now we can't do without him.

And DJ ;)

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:52 pm

Ooopppssss my mistake :lol:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:13 am

2blue2handle wrote:What happened to Hudson being league 2 standard?? Oh no that was last season , now we can't do without him.

Hudson deserved it back then. And do you really think Jay dosen't deserve stick ? if it was because of loss of form then no. But when he just dosen't even try that's why he gets stick. And if rumour is right even the players are giving him stick. All we ask is he gives 100% but he chooses to just have a lye down.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:45 am

Nuclearblue wrote:

Hudson deserved it back then. And do you really think Jay dosen't deserve stick ? if it was because of loss of form then no. But when he just dosen't even try that's why he gets stick. And if rumour is right even the players are giving him stick. All we ask is he gives 100% but he chooses to just have a lye down.

Players shouldn't be wrote of as easily as they are, quinn, Mcphail, Hudson all wrote off at some point as league 2 players.
I just think it funny how someone like Hudson was totally written off now people saying we can manage without him.

I don't think Jay deserves half the stick he gets no but yes it's massively frustrating when he goes down and stays down to moan to the ref, and I can totally understand him getting stick for that.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:18 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

No he didnt.

Most of the criticism was bollox.

Can anyone name when he gave away a penalty , or more than a couple of errors he made.

He was scapegoated, partly because we paid, so much, partly because he was captain, partly becasue he played for a team who were relegated the season before, partly because we've got quite a few fans who cant tell the difference between no 5 and no 15, partly because Gerrard and Blake had a half decent 6 games together (though not as wonderful as some seem to remember), partly becasue his cousin doesnt play for Liverpool, partly because he's not a badge kisser, but mainly because we've got quite a few who make their mind up after 20 minutes about a player and then whinge about him for the rest of the season.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:20 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

No he didnt.

Can anyone name when he gave away a penalty , or more than a couple of errors he made.

He was scapegoated, partly because we paid, so much, partly because he was captain, partly becasue he played for a team who were relegated the season before, partly because we've got quite a few fans who cant tell the difference between no 5 and no 15, partly because Gerrard and Blake had a half decent 6 games together (though not as wonderful as some seem to remember), partly becasue his cousin doesnt play for Liverpool, partly because he's not a badge kisser, but mainly because we've got quite a few who make their mind up after 20 minutes about a player and then whinge about him for the rest of the season.

Spot on :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:20 pm

No he didnt.

I think the truth is somewhere inbetween.
Hudson for me was no where near as bad as people made out however during games he did tend to make silly mistakes and quite a few cost us. I do agree though that his price and wage put a lot of people off him.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:31 pm

hudson looked out of sorts at the start of this season aswell but he realised we were so close to the promised land and raised his game and as been outstanding, oly too went through a sticky patch then pulled his socks up thats all we ask for as fans 100% effort and commitment.
jays gone the other way,start of the season he was outstanding nd rightly deserved his england call up,i can remember him chasing the full lenghth of the pitch to retrieve the ball at leeds even when we was 4-0 up,now he looks lacksidasical and disinterested at times, ive not given up on him but he needs to give more,i wouldnt care even if he wasnt scoring all the time,just fuckin stay on your feet and chase the ball down it aint rocket science

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:36 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
No he didnt.

Hudson for me was no where near as bad as people made out however during games he did tend to make silly mistakes and quite a few cost us. I do agree though that his price and wage put a lot of people off him.

I reckon if you look closely he's made a few mstakes this year too, maybe a couple less, maybe not, but this time luck has been on his side (or Kev McNaughton :lol: ), it seemed everything he did wrong last year was punished. It happens to the best of centre halfs.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:41 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
No he didnt.

You missed out the part where Hudson had the Barcelona esque midfield of Gavin Rae in front of him, when Rae fucked up, Hudson got the criticism, other than that awesome post.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:45 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
No he didnt.

I reckon if you look closely he's made a few mstakes this year too, maybe a couple less, maybe not, but this time luck has been on his side (or Kev McNaughton :lol: ), it seemed everything he did wrong last year was punished. It happens to the best of centre halfs.

I would say he started this season as he played this season but the more the season has gone on he has got better and better.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:48 pm

]

Hudson for me was no where near as bad as people made out however during games he did tend to make silly mistakes and quite a few cost us. I do agree though that his price and wage put a lot of people off him.[/quote]

I reckon if you look closely he's made a few mstakes this year too, maybe a couple less, maybe not, but this time luck has been on his side (or Kev McNaughton :lol: ), it seemed everything he did wrong last year was punished. It happens to the best of centre halfs.[/quote]

I would say he started this season as he played this season but the more the season has gone on he has got better and better.[/quote]

Eh ?

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:00 pm

These injuries are a golden opportunity for Jones to switch the playing system to 4-5-1/4-3-3.

Seyi Olofinjana would patrol in front of the back four and that would make a huge difference even with Gypyes playing there.

It would also give Chris Burke and Craig Bellamy a chance to get forward and terrorise defences like they did in early season.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:41 pm

Sorry lawnmower I meant he started this season as he played last season.