Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Jacks .....

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:35 am

Popped to The Liberty with some Forest friends yesterday and have to say that
Brendan Rogers has the Jacks playing some sweet football.
Sinclair, Dobbie and the new Italian lad up front all looked more than useful. There
are NO stars in the side and they ALL have youth on their side! :o

Despite romping away with the first half which could have seen them four up,
they almost blew it in injury time. Foreset were awful yesterday and have been
since they beat us up there apparently?

If they continue like they played yesterday Swansea will be close to second.

:ayatollah:

Re: The Jacks .....

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:40 am

It pains me to say it, but they deserve to go up.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:44 am

Merlin wrote:It pains me to say it, but they deserve to go up.

Merlin they showed real passion and hunger yesterday, really wanted the game.
Just to think that their manager was out of work for a long time.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:50 am

wigstar wrote:

Merlin they showed real passion and hunger yesterday, really wanted the game.
Just to think that their manager was out of work for a long time.

Doesnt matter.

The managers attitude, mental state and motivational methods are obviously working to the teams advantage. It doesn't matter how long he was out of the game, those atrributes will always be present, and if you can put your ideas, thoughs and methods across as well as Rodgers, players will respond. Not to metion his footballing contacts, he has brought in a few decent youngsters he knew would grab the chance at, he deserves alot of credit! If he takes Swansea up in his first season in charge, His recognition will multiply tenfold! and it won't harm his CV either.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:58 am

Yeah not saying it does but fair play to The Swans who took a chance

His contacts are good that Italian is fast and a goal poacher. I only wish
our board would do similar, there are good men out there

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:59 am

wigstar wrote:Popped to The Liberty with some Forest friends yesterday and have to say that
Sinclair, Dobbie and the new Italian lad up front all looked more than useful. There

Wiggy and their Wages are a quarter of ours and I've noticed they play as a team, not as individuals.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:14 am

Yer I watch a big part of the game on a stream link, they play like a team,and for each other win alot of there second balls and no one is affraid to go into a 50/50 . As I say if we cant do it , I wish them well.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:20 am

Definately Annis they won't be too far away from second.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:30 am

wigstar wrote:Definately Annis they won't be too far away from second.

Carl has said All season to me The Jacks will end up at best 6th and We Will be Top 2 at least Hmm.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:33 pm

I think it's more likely to be the other way around. I respect Carl for sticking by
his comments on DJ, but he is wrong.

This manager will take us no further, and doesn't have the desire or hunger to go
that extra mile. I can't imagine Brendan Rodgers playing golf on training days somehow?
Hands on all the way ....just as it should be Annis.

Hopefully we can get someone in who actually cares about his job and the club.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Carl has said All season to me The Jacks will end up at best 6th and We Will be Top 2 at least Hmm.

I hope Carl is right. My Mrs is hoping so as well due to me being a right misery at the moment.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:56 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:I hope Carl is right. My Mrs is hoping so as well due to me being a right misery at the moment.

Why let it bother you? I can see why your wife hates you as, apart from you looking like Frankenstein, you hoping for Sinclair to break a leg is just leaving you bitter and twisted. Besides, it's not going to do you any good as he's far too quick for defenders these days.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:03 pm

nct68 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:I hope Carl is right. My Mrs is hoping so as well due to me being a right misery at the moment.

Why let it bother you? I can see why your wife hates you as, apart from you looking like Frankenstein, you hoping for Sinclair to break a leg is just leaving you bitter and twisted. Besides, it's not going to do you any good as he's far too quick for defenders these days.

Wouldnt wish a broken leg on sinclair. Hamstring pull would shut you up though. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:24 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
nct68 wrote:

Wouldnt wish a broken leg on sinclair. Hamstring pull would shut you up though. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Keep hoping then Frank :roll: - Were far from a one-man team, so I wouldn't hold out for that ever being your saviour. IMO, it's much better to get behind your team and manager for the last 8 games than worry too much about us.

I see Cardiff have picked up a few injuries lately though. Shame that - as personally, I hope that Bothroyd, Hudson and co. get back for the next game (or soon after) as it's far better for us to finish above you with a full team and not leave you have any ammunition for excuses ;)

Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:33 pm

nct68 wrote:[quote="Gareth (WiltsKeep hoping then Frank :roll: - Were far from a one-man team, so I wouldn't hold out for that ever being your saviour. IMO, it's much better to get behind your team and manager for the last 8 games than worry too much about us.

I see Cardiff have picked up a few injuries lately though. Shame that - as personally, I hope that Bothroyd, Hudson and co. get back for the next game (or soon after) as it's far better for us to finish above you with a full team and not leave you have any ammunition for excuses ;)

It is my belief that you have a team that is well motivated and well managed with 2 very good players who should be in premier league. The rest are made up of journeymen (Tate, Monk,Gower) and slightly above average championship players like Dyer, Rangel, Britton and De Vries.

I believe that our class will hopefully show in the last 7 or 8 games and we will finish above you.

Its all about opinions which is what makes football such a great game.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:46 pm

what is it with this swansea love in?
yes they are good, but not as good as you make out, forest should of equalised last minute.

first real radio drool over swansea, now some of our fans-

what is this world coming to

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:03 pm

Langley it's a personal opinion buddy, not a love in either.

They were highly motivated yesterday and the pitch? Like a F*******n bowling green?

Worst £300,000 we never spent IMO

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:07 pm

The time to decide that will be in 8 games.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I THINK THAT CARLS DRUG HABIT IS OUT OF CONTROL..................ALLEDGEDLY ;) :lol:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:23 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I THINK THAT CARLS DRUG HABIT IS OUT OF CONTROL..................ALLEDGEDLY ;) :lol:

Well he's definitely got a strong addiction to Jeigermeister. :D

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:07 pm

wigstar wrote:Popped to The Liberty with some Forest friends yesterday and have to say that

All this Gypo love is starting to piss me right off !!!!

They will fail like they always do, all you have to do is stop them playing and passing the ball out from the back like us and Derby did !!!

Other managers will adopt this stance and they will struggle you watch :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:10 pm

Bluebina wrote:

They will fail like they always do, all you have to do is stop them playing and passing the ball out from the back like us and Derby did !!!

Other managers will adopt this stance and they will struggle you watch :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Why havent other teams done it yet then? If more than a few did, then they would not be where they are in the league

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I think our mate Carl owns the biggest pair of blinkered glasses in Wales.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:23 pm

Bluebina wrote:

To be honest Cardiff played us off the park at the Liberty just as we did you at the CCS. Derby on the other hand were poor and a freak own goal set them off to a undeserved win and that is not sour grapes, we outplayed them but it was one of those games.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:38 pm

Very much agree with this, but "I'd rather be in league one than be a Jack"

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:23 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
nct68 wrote:[quote="Gareth (WiltsKeep hoping then Frank :roll: - Were far from a one-man team, so I wouldn't hold out for that ever being your saviour. IMO, it's much better to get behind your team and manager for the last 8 games than worry too much about us.

It is my belief that you have a team that is well motivated and well managed with 2 very good players who should be in premier league. The rest are made up of journeymen (Tate, Monk,Gower) and slightly above average championship players like Dyer, Rangel, Britton and De Vries.

I believe that our class will hopefully show in the last 7 or 8 games and we will finish above you.

Dyer, Rangel, Britton and De Vries would get into any side in this league and every manager in this league would snap them up if they could. Get over your bitterness mate it's cutting your to ribbons! :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:24 pm

bloo wrote:
Dyer, Rangel, Britton and De Vries would get into any side in this league and every manager in this league would snap them up if they could. Get over your bitterness mate it's cutting your to ribbons! :ayatollah:

didnt sheff utd give you him back for free? :lol:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:41 pm

bloo wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

You are right-Most managers in the league would snap those up-being an above average championship player means they are good players.

Of those 4 only 1 would definately get into CCFCs team-De Vries. Britton might. Burke is better than Dyer and McNaughton is better than angel. You clearly disagree-as i said its all about opinions.

It'll be interesting to see the PFA teams for the Championship.

My prediction is
1.Kenny (QPR)
2.Naughton (Leicester)
3.McNaughton (CCFC)
4.Derry (QPR)
5.Williams (Jacks)
6.Gorkks (QPR)
7.Ambrose (Palarse)
8.King (Leicester)
9.Bothroyd (CCFC)or Holt going on Jays last 7 games!
10.Tarabt (QPR)
11. Sinclair (Jacks)

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:02 pm

I would put Wes Morgan in there as well. Although Borini gave him a nightmare saturday! Can't argue with that selection though, maybe Dorus would push Kenny who knows? Danny Graham could make the mix too as he is a real handful - certainly knows where the goal is!

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:11 pm

bloo wrote:I would put Wes Morgan in there as well. Although Borini gave him a nightmare saturday! Can't argue with that selection though, maybe Dorus would push Kenny who knows? Danny Graham could make the mix too as he is a real handful - certainly knows where the goal is!

I forgot about Forest players. McGuigan is good and poss better than Ambrose. Ruddy of Norwich is a goodkeeper as is Ashdown of Pompey.

Will be interesting to see what the pros think.