Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hands in Pockets, Heads in Sand

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:43 am

I'm very concerned that some of my fellow fans might suffocate with their heads firmly rooted in the sand.

We've been told of 'easy run ins'. Fans not supporting the team. Unlucky because our opponents keeper played well. Or that we will go on a run. The words of desperate men.

Everyone keeps shifting the goal posts every time we lose, by saying "its ok, still in play offs", "get real, only 25 points off second", and my favourite "we only need to win 7 from 8".

The fact is, we won't make the play offs with the buffoon in charge. There is not a chance in hell he will be able to get the team to win that many, if he could then he would have done so already. He lacks everything a manager needs to do so, but ALSO an unwillingness to ever improve on his failings in the first place.

Infact, looking at ALL the evidence, facts, past - he will lead us to take barely anything from the last matches. 3rd, 4th is bad enough and a big failure - 7th or 8th and I would feel let down, not only by Jones and squad, as well as the board, but also you who have backed him no matter what - an unhealthy fondness.

Re: Hands in Pockets, Heads in Sand

Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:57 pm

And don't anyone of you accuse my supposed negativity as being detrimental to the players, I'm left without a voice after every match, home and away. It's all the truth, and it will all sadly slot into place now.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:03 pm

I don't rate DJ, but i promised Carl on the forum bus yesterday i would't slag him off this week :oops: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:26 pm

heads under wings,beaks under blankets :D :D

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:31 pm

blue nile wrote:I don't rate DJ, but i promised Carl on the forum bus yesterday i would't slag him off this week :oops: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mate, I try my best but every time I do it, it reaches boiling point and I erupt in a fit of dave jones tourettes :(

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:39 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
blue nile wrote:I don't rate DJ, but i promised Carl on the forum bus yesterday i would't slag him off this week :oops: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mate, I try my best but every time I do it, it reaches boiling point and I erupt in a fit of dave jones tourettes :(

Chap, I reached that a few weeks ago.

I live in hope something will change to save our season. After Bellamys arrival I was on a buzz about getting promoted. What I am struggling with now is the fact I feel the total opposite with 8 games to go. Even following Cardiff after all these years this is something new.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:49 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I'm very concerned that some of my fellow fans might suffocate with their heads firmly rooted in the sand.

We've been told of 'easy run ins'. Fans not supporting the team. Unlucky because our opponents keeper played well. Or that we will go on a run. The words of desperate men.

Everyone keeps shifting the goal posts every time we lose, by saying "its ok, still in play offs", "get real, only 25 points off second", and my favourite "we only need to win 7 from 8".

The fact is, we won't make the play offs with the buffoon in charge. There is not a chance in hell he will be able to get the team to win that many, if he could then he would have done so already. He lacks everything a manager needs to do so, but ALSO an unwillingness to ever improve on his failings in the first place.

Infact, looking at ALL the evidence, facts, past - he will lead us to take barely anything from the last matches. 3rd, 4th is bad enough and a big failure - 7th or 8th and I would feel let down, not only by Jones and squad, as well as the board, but also you who have backed him no matter what - an unhealthy fondness.

head_in_the_sand-461x307.jpg

At least he has his hands out of his pockets. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:07 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:

Chap, I reached that a few weeks ago.

I live in hope something will change to save our season. After Bellamys arrival I was on a buzz about getting promoted. What I am struggling with now is the fact I feel the total opposite with 8 games to go. Even following Cardiff after all these years this is something new.

Well said. It feels different this season - even last season, despite me not being a Jones fan in any way, I still felt we would win some matches by pulling together for whatever reasons.

To draw a diverse comparison,it feels like the last days of the Soviet Union

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:56 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I'm very concerned that some of my fellow fans might suffocate with their heads firmly rooted in the sand.

agree mate, had this chat yesterday about jones. i just can't see where we go from here especially with the injuries we have now. he doesn't seem to play his part and relies way too much on the players. now that sounds a bit weird because they are the ones playing but tacticly we are awful. yesterday was an improvement but there doesn't seem much motivation in the camp and it just seems SOME of the players dont want it enough. ive always thought DJ was a good man and a good manager but over the past 2 seasons i have held quite a few things against him. we want promotion so bad and if he wasn't so stubborn throughout the season regarding the naylor situation we would have definately picked up more points. DJ needs to sort himself out quickly and start believing because at the moment we will be dropping down the table and we all know how hard the play offs are.