Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" DAVE JONES "

Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:22 am

we all know this forum is against dave jones i'd say 80/20 in favour of him going either now or end of season!

what i will say though is to take some examples of clubs that have lost long serving managers who through fans who supposedly know better have gone on to spiral towards oblivion!!

Charlton are a prime example, had a decent manager in charge in alan curbishley, not a manager reknown for playin great football or a massively high profile manager but nevertheless brought charlton up the divisions in his 15 year reign to the top flight of football, when he reached this point he had little investment and fans who once dubbed him the greatest manager they've ever had, had now turned on him for them being in a rleegation battle, this for all outsiders was where they would always have been regardless of who was in charge. curbishley ultimately leaves charlton who in turn get relegated and then relegated again and now sit in league 1, was curbishley a bad manager or did there fans now think they knew better than a man 15 years into a job he was obviously doing well in??
i believe it was the latter pressure which meant the charlton board taking action, we all know there isn;t much loyalty in football but did curbishley deserve the boot i think not??

Another example would be that of sheff UTD whom were lead by the manager neil warnock(colin wanker as in previous poll LOL) a manager 13 years at the helm got them to the promised land and suffered relagation through dodgy rulings allbeit but fans also wanted him out, a great manager who wears his heart on his sleeve and didn't deserve the drop or the fans backlash, warnock ultimately left but i believe the fan pressure was what forced him out, look at them now changing managers left right and centre and struggling to stay in the championship!!

i as a city fan would hate to see our club in perilous financial trouble still, lose an average ish manager in DAVE JONES and find ourselves in the same position as these two clubs, as a relegation next year would ruin us plain and simple.
Do we as fans now beleive we are too good to be in this division?? that we have the GOD damn right to go up to the promised land??
why is this because our squad is brilliant?? IS IT REALLY??
few more players than last year, YES, some better quality, YES midfield still weak, YES, loan acquisitions poor, LARGELY YES,
Defense not great until recent additions, YES,
its not much good having players that are good attacking when we have dodgy back four, improved much as of recently but midfield being weak centrally ruin sqaud, some will arguye that DAVE JONES has had backing etc etc yes in loans, which are a massive gamble, ie koumas which hasn't worked not DJ's fault, jason just isn't up to it which is sad.

IN my opinion dave jones has had a great tenure at this club, in the 6 years he's been in charge we have seen bad times and good times which every club goes through, an FA cup run to the finals, play off final and improved league positions year on year, he kept us in this league when the 3 seasons he pruely sold and sold players and had to reassemble year on year not an easy task. I for one will give him credit for what he has achieved not many city managers can boast some of his record, of course some will disagree thats their opinion, but i don't care who takes charge of this club OUR club all i want is for us to stay in business (big thanks to the malaysians so far even if i'm not 100% sure of their intentions) if not who will we all follow defo not them JACK BASTARDS! If staying in business means another 5 years in the championship challenging for honours every year then i'll take it, of course i'd like to see the promised land as would all fans but i DO NOT want cardiff city plummeting through the leagues back to the depths of league 2 and finacial ruin because a few fans are calling for the mans head, i don;t want a new manager bringing in new ideas which don;t work and cause knee jerk reactions which could endanger our clubs future, give me beers and playoffs every season if need be and i'll still be a happy chappy,
lets get behind DAVE JONES and the club we're only 4 points behind still all to play for!!!

i already know what replies i will get off the general consencus on here but i'm not bothered i remember what old div 3 was like and i'll take championship football all day over that whether DAVE JONES the man with no plan B, no motivational skills and no passion or desire to win who took us to wembley final was gutted not to win took us to the play off final again didn;t win is in charge or whether joe bloggs is in charge i'm not bothered either way all i care about is cardiff city, not sure whether all of you can say the same!!

over and out!!

Re: DAVE JONES

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:46 pm

can't believe i've had no comment on here gotta be some sort of record!

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:49 pm

That is factually incorrect Chief. Previous polls have Dave Jones coming out on top every time. Also the latest one on who do you want as manager next season DJ was top of that one as well. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:54 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:can't believe i've had no comment on here gotta be some sort of record!

My eyes started to smear after the first sentence ffs :shock:

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:53 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:can't believe i've had no comment on here gotta be some sort of record!

Your post is not a balanced view. Changing manager has also worked in the past for many clubs and highlighting Charlton case as typical is nonsensical.

The fact is changing the manager in the right circumstances can be benefical.

Re: " DAVE JONES "

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:01 pm

Im sorry....but smakerzthebluebird post has got to be the most sensible & honest post i have seen on this site..all season thats all has been written on here is an agenda to oust our manager....
for f**k sake lets get behind the team & manager and together we can win promotion.. :ayatollah:

Re: " DAVE JONES "

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:40 pm

I forgot Dave Jones took us up from Division 4, 2 promotions :roll: :roll:
Fact Dave Jones inherited a Championship team and his wage bill is £16 Million a year the HIGHEST IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.