Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A POINT AT THE DEN IS NOT AS BAD AS IT SEEMS.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:58 pm

We are never going to win ALL our remaining games, so a point at the Den is not as bad as it seems. The only disappointing aspect about today is we wre unable to hold onto a lead again and the defending was sloppy at times.

To score 3 goals and not come away with all three points is frustrating, and also we lost some key players through injury, which i hope are not that bad and we will see them back for the Derby home game along with Tom Heaton and we can kick on from there.

Its all still to play for, keep the faith. :ayatollah:

Re: A POINT AT THE DEN IS NOT AS BAD AS IT SEEMS.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:59 pm

nobby wrote:We are never going to win ALL our remaining games, so a point at the Den is not as bad as it seems. The only disappointing aspect about today is we wre unable to hold onto a lead again and the defending was sloppy at times.

To score 3 goals and not come away with all three points is frustrating, and also we lost some key players through injury, which i hope are not that bad and we will see them back for the Derby home game along with Tom Heaton and we can kick on from there.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

and especially that norwich drew, leeds lost and burnley lost

only 4 points from top, and remember ... norwich and swansea have still got to play eachother
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:03 pm

It is when you score only to give it back to them after less than 1min, then you let them back in yet again later.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:06 pm

i always want a win at home and minimum of a point away. so not to bad but scoring 3 away from home and only a point is a bit shit :(

Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:08 pm

on a positive i did bbc predictor b4 today and had jacks win norwich draw and us a defeat and it had us going up in 2nd , with the draw we are doing better than i predicted allready :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:11 pm

Not that bad. Just disappointing that we cannot do the basics right and stay switched on when we take a lead.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:38 pm

2-3 weeks ago i would have been happy with and/or expecting a point at the den. but with our recent run of results in which we have failed to capitilise on a win was a must today. I think now that second place is unobtainable given our recent form. We will be lucky to stay in the playoff positions.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:47 pm

nobby wrote:We are never going to win ALL our remaining games, so a point at the Den is not as bad as it seems. The only disappointing aspect about today is we wre unable to hold onto a lead again and the defending was sloppy at times.

Good post! Scoring 3 away at a team that hasn't lost at home in 9 is unlucky on our part! Hitting post and bar on numerous occasions and a penalty decision overturned? We could have won had it not been for officials and more clinical finishing - this was not the fault of the manager!

Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:57 pm

Excellent result down there.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:28 pm

blackswan wrote:Excellent result down there.

For you lot yes. For us poor. 3 2 up with a few minutes left. Awful.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:54 pm

A point away to Millwall is only a decent result if we are picking up 3 points at home to teams like Barnsley, Ipswich etc (Which we don't :cry: )

The squad we have should easily be good enough for automatic promotion but the way things are going we'll be lucky to make the playoffs.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:37 pm

lucky to make the playoffs? hold on that man :old:
I thought we looked the best team today even though we were AWAY and "at an intimidating venue" and against a side that just stuffed QPR and Burnley.
I'd say we're on good form. COME ON MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: