Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THAT ISRAELI FLAG

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:48 am

i`m the first person who thinks politics should stay off football messageboards but i feel i need to say something about the israeli flag that hangs at our ground every home game! .... i know its there in honour of one of our players but tbh it makes me angry because of what it stands for in todays world! .... what the israelis are doing to the palestian people is unbelieveable, please take a minute to look through these photos http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ?sk=photos and tell me your thoughts! ... please dont mention what the nazis did to them cause this as nothing to do with what happened to the jews 70 years ago!

Re: THAT ISRAELI FLAG

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:55 am

And the Israeli Rabbi whose family was murdered the other day? You know, the one whose 6 mth old baby had it's throat cut in front of him? Whee those cuddly Palestinians celebratd the next day, handing out sweets to children?

Fact is, not all Israelis are evil, nor are all Palestinians.

Just helps if you look at everything involved in the situation.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:58 am

nerd wrote:And the Israeli Rabbi whose family was murdered the other day? You know, the one whose 6 mth old baby had it's throat cut in front of him? Whee those cuddly Palestinians celebratd the next day, handing out sweets to children?

theres bound to be situations like that when you are being oppressed, just like terrorist attacks will happen in the uk cause of our involvement in the middle east!

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:06 am

Politics have always been on this MB, look at the far right Rangers loyalists loving that has grown.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:08 am

nerd wrote:And the Israeli Rabbi whose family was murdered the other day? You know, the one whose 6 mth old baby had it's throat cut in front of him? Whee those cuddly Palestinians celebratd the next day, handing out sweets to children?

Nerd, We agree on a lot of things, but when it comes to the Israeli's, Never they are Occupying a Country that is Not theirs, they Torture the Palestinians and Control them YET NO ONE DOES ANYTHING ABOUT IT.
People felt Sorry for them after what Hitler did to them, Now they are doing the same to the Palestinians on a smaller But still Evil scale.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:11 am

btw nerd, the family who were murdered were in illegal israeli settlements on stolen palestinian territory. its been one of the main issues of contention for many years but the israelis keep stealing palestinian land, in spite of world condemnation... btw have a listern what this rabbi as to say http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofapxKODwog

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:13 am

The Palestinians live by the Israeli sword, if Israel was a non Jewish country and not the same wealth. Then the world would have done something about decades about it.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:14 am

RichardBluebird wrote:

The Palestinians live by the Israeli sword, if Israel was a non Jewish country and not the same wealth. Then the world would have done something about decades about it.

Richard
100% CORRECT.

The World is turning a Blind eye to it :evil:

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:16 am

AHERNE wrote:btw nerd, the family who were murdered were in illegal israeli settlements on stolen palestinian territory. its been one of the main issues of contention for many years but the israelis keep stealing palestinian land, in spite of world condemnation... btw have a listern what this rabbi as to say http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofapxKODwog

Every day the Israel's take the Palestinians homes from them, To me this is where America and Britain should be sorting this out, BUT NO, they cause Wars in other Countries.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:24 am

AHERNE wrote:btw nerd, the family who were murdered were in illegal israeli settlements on stolen palestinian territory. its been one of the main issues of contention for many years but the israelis keep stealing palestinian land, in spite of world condemnation... btw have a listern what this rabbi as to say http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofapxKODwog

Ah, that's ok thaen. Slit the throat of a 6 month old...

Eh, sod it - no point discussing the geopolitics of the situation here.

Go and tell Keinan to f*** off instead...

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:26 am

nerd wrote:

believe me nerd if i thought keinan supported what is country is doing "I WOULD" 100% .... http://australiansforpalestine.com/wp-c ... -copy3.jpg zoom in!
Last edited by AHERNE on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:26 am

nerd wrote:

Its Not right to take anyones life, especially innocent people.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:32 am

Forever Blue wrote:
nerd wrote:

Its Not right to take anyones life, especially innocent people.

Totally agree Annis.

Point being the situation is way more complex than the "Israel bad, Palestinians good" view. There are good and bad on all sides. Hamas targets in the past within Israel have included hospitals and universities - where there are mixed Israeli/Arab patients, students. A lot of the poverty within the Palestinian territories has been down to internal corruption - Arafat profited greatly, for one.

Equally,rockets are fired into Israel each and every day. Not widely reported by the media. What should the approach be? When those rockets are fired from within civilian areas, I'd defy anyone to come up with a solution that doesn't involve sadly the loss of innocent lives.

Each and everytime peace has threatened to break out, one side has backed away. Guess which one? The answer isn't Israel.

I agree on the settlements issue - that needs dealing with.

Australians for Palestine? The same Australians who displaced and abused the native aboriginals?

Britian is responsible for a lot of the problems - during their mandate, they encouraged Arab immigration into the area, as census records showed. Jews, however, were prohibited from doing so.

The only solution will be a two state solution. That requires Hamas to develop some sense.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:38 am

Nerd

Totally agree Annis.

Point being the situation is way more complex than the "Israel bad, Palestinians good" view. There are good and bad on all sides. Hamas targets in the past within Israel have included hospitals and universities - where there are mixed Israeli/Arab patients, students. A lot of the poverty within the Palestinian territories has been down to internal corruption - Arafat profited greatly, for one.

Equally,rockets are fired into Israel each and every day. Not widely reported by the media. What should the approach be? When those rockets are fired from within civilian areas, I'd defy anyone to come up with a solution that doesn't involve sadly the loss of innocent lives.

Each and everytime peace has threatened to break out, one side has backed away. Guess which one? The answer isn't Israel.

I agree on the settlements issue - that needs dealing with.

Australians for Palestine? The same Australians who displaced and abused the native aboriginals?

Britian is responsible for a lot of the problems - during their mandate, they encouraged Arab immigration into the area, as census records showed. Jews, however, were prohibited from doing so.

The only solution will be a two state solution. That requires Hamas to develop some sense.[/quote]

Some Very good points you've posted :ayatollah: :ayatollah: But it ALSO NEEDS the Israeli's to Stop bulldozing and taking Palestinians homes. Plus the Israeli's have NO RIGHT TO CONTROL THE PALESTINIANS it SHOULD BE A NEUTRAL COUNTRY WATCHING OVER
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:41 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Some Very good points you've posted :ayatollah: :ayatollah: But it ALSO NEEDS the Israeli's to Stop bulldozing and taking Palestinians homes. Plus the Israeli's have NO RIGHT TO CONTROL THE PALESTINIANS it SHOULD BE A NEUTRAL COUNTRY WATCHING OVER
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The only rationale I'd agree with bulldozing homes is where those areas are being regularly used to launch rockets into Israel. Creating more of a buffer zone, I'd not disagree with.

Neutral country? Name one - Switzerland? The rest of the Arab world aren't exactly behind the Palestinians - Jordan and Black september?

Even so, the situation isn't as simple as Israel / Palestine. You've Syria interfering, efectively occupying Lebanon to use as a proxy to attack Israel - anti-Syrian protestors in Lebanon tend to die...

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:44 am

you only have to look at the maps to see the whole truth nerd! ... how you can defend the israelis is beyond belief tbh cause the evidence is right infront of you! ... tbh i could keep posting/copying stuff on here all day to support the palestinian case but if you dont want to see it then im wasting my time! .... FREE PALESTINE!

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:45 am

AHERNE wrote:you only have to look at the maps to see the whole truth nerd! ... how you can defend the israelis is beyond belief tbh cause the evidence is right infront of you! ... tbh i could keep posting/copying stuff on here all day to support the palestinian case but if you dont want to see it then im wasting my time! .... FREE PALESTINE!

I'm sure you could.

Thoughts on why no Arab nation really seems to back the Palestinians?

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:48 am

I agree with Aherne. In my opinion, we shouldn't have malaysian flags either as its strongly rumoured that the government is corrupt. And we shouldn't have British flags because we don't want to condone british actions during the imperialist years. Or the recent campaigns in iraq or afghanistan or northern ireland. And we shouldn't have, any german flags for obvious reasons. And don't get me started on the lebanese flags! Scottish flags? Nope shouldn't have them either. Brutal bunch. For example, my ancestors, the Campbells, massacred the mcdonalds. Not to mention their violent campaigns against the english all those centuries ago. We don't want our club associated with that do we????

Kinda swings and roundabouts eh? As they say, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:54 am

Doesnt the UK sell arms to Israeli?

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:56 am

ackers1927 wrote:Doesnt the UK sell arms to Israeli?

And Bahrain, virtually all the nations in uprising at the moment.

Most of Africa, where genocides routinely occur...

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:59 am

we sell arms to anyone that has the cash, remember we trained the mujahdeen who are now al quaeda, makes sense dont it :x

Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:01 pm

PhatFrog wrote:I agree with Aherne. In my opinion, we shouldn't have malaysian flags either as its strongly rumoured that the government is corrupt. And we shouldn't have British flags because we don't want to condone british actions during the imperialist years. Or the recent campaigns in iraq or afghanistan or northern ireland. And we shouldn't have, any german flags for obvious reasons. And don't get me started on the lebanese flags! Scottish flags? Nope shouldn't have them either. Brutal bunch. For example, my ancestors, the Campbells, massacred the mcdonalds. Not to mention their violent campaigns against the english all those centuries ago. We don't want our club associated with that do we????

Kinda swings and roundabouts eh? As they say, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

:lol: love this! ... DOWN WITH THE FLAGS! :lol:

Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:03 pm

AHERNE wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:I agree with Aherne. In my opinion, we shouldn't have malaysian flags either as its strongly rumoured that the government is corrupt. And we shouldn't have British flags because we don't want to condone british actions during the imperialist years. Or the recent campaigns in iraq or afghanistan or northern ireland. And we shouldn't have, any german flags for obvious reasons. And don't get me started on the lebanese flags! Scottish flags? Nope shouldn't have them either. Brutal bunch. For example, my ancestors, the Campbells, massacred the mcdonalds. Not to mention their violent campaigns against the english all those centuries ago. We don't want our club associated with that do we????

:lol: love this! ... DOWN WITH THE FLAGS! :lol:

Exactly - flags = nationalism...

EDIT: Though I'm sure you'd like an Israeli flag if it said "jones out" :lol:

Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:04 pm

f*cking hell we will ban our own flag the way its going :o

Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:08 pm

right im off now to buy a palestinian flag and i`ll get keinan to sign it for me! then i`ll sell it to colonel gaddafi :ayatollah: ... im sure gaddafi gave the 5 palestinian dead from munich 1972 full military funerals with full honours! so he`d love that!

Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:09 pm

nerd wrote:

Yes very true. Cameron was in Egypt with arms dealers the other week. Also we have sold arms to Gaddafi, which if the worst comes they could be used on our own troops :evil:

Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:15 pm

wait till the swastika makes an appearance :D

Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:18 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:wait till the swastika makes an appearance :D

the israeli flag replaced the swastika! didnt you know?

Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:22 pm

ackers1927 wrote:
nerd wrote:

Yes very true. Cameron was in Egypt with arms dealers the other week. Also we have sold arms to Gaddafi, which if the worst comes they could be used on our own troops :evil:

Ackers and I believe Our SAS trained Gaddafi's Troops.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Nerd, We agree on a lot of things, but when it comes to the Israeli's, Never they are Occupying a Country that is Not theirs, they Torture the Palestinians and Control them YET NO ONE DOES ANYTHING ABOUT IT.
People felt Sorry for them after what Hitler did to them, Now they are doing the same to the Palestinians on a smaller But still Evil scale.

Just like the English did to the paddys less than a hundred years ago.

and that's why "some" of the Celtic fans still carry a chip on their shoulder.......and a tag on their left ankle