Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" SO IF WE LOSE TOMORROW/REM I WANT US TO WIN "

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:05 pm

As Ive Bet £20 on a City Win in Corals and I hate Losing money :lol: :lol:

If we Lose tom and QPR/Norwich Win their games QPR will be 14pts and Norwich will be 7pts and there will be exactly 8 games left.

Please think before you ALL ANSWER and BE HONEST :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

There is a 2 week international break after the Millwall game.

Do you still then Believe Dave Jones will then still take us up ?

Would you then get Rid of DJ at that point ?

Do we then start preparing for next season ?

The Reason I'm asking these Questions is Not to be Negative, is to create a healthy debate and I enjoy reading other peoples opinions.

ON THE PLUS SIDE I HONESTLY BELIEVE WE WILL WIN TOMORROW IF EVERYONE PLAYS TO THEIR POTENTIAL and MILLWALL are no good at putting any good runs together, they falter after every couple Wins :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " SO IF WE LOSE TOMORROW/REM I WANT US TO WIN "

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:15 pm

guess no-one has the confidence to say their feelings Annis :D

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:16 pm

carlccfc wrote:guess no-one has the confidence to say their feelings Annis :D

Prob scared that what they say now, I will Rem :D

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:22 pm

I don't want to say we won't be going up this season. But the lack of heart displayed on the pitch lately disgusts me. We all work hard to make ends meet. Footballs rarely work hard to live comfortably. I believe Jones can take us up, I just hope the players have the bottle to do it.

We have to. The blame lands at both the manager and players feet. We will never assemble a better squad to get us promoted. Seriously, in realistic terms - how do we improve on the squad we have? It'd always be nice to have a bit more quality, but extra quality would be a luxury. This squad should be more than capable of getting us promoted.

I believe that this season is our best chance for promotion. On the basis that, I feel putting together a better squad than the one we have currently would be almost impossible.

The main reason I think we need to go for it bigtime this season, is because realistically - its a pretty soft Championship lineup compared to recent years. When you look at any 3 of the heavy weights coming down from the Premiership next season - it really hits home how badly we need to capitalise on our opportunity this season.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:As Ive Bet £20 on a City Win in Corals and I hate Losing money :lol: :lol:

If we Lose tom and QPR/Norwich Win their games QPR will be 14pts and Norwich will be 7pts and there will be exactly 8 games left.

The Reason I'm asking these Questions is Not to be Negative, is to create a healthy debate and I enjoy reading other peoples opinions.

ON THE PLUS SIDE I HONESTLY BELIEVE WE WILL WIN TOMORROW IF EVERYONE PLAYS TO THEIR POTENTIAL and MILLWALL are no good at putting any good runs together, they falter after every couple Wins :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Firstly I believe we will not lose tomorrow and I fancy you will be collecting on your bet but if we did and QPR / Norwich win here are my views;

I will still believe we are good enough to get promoted but IMO we will only do so if DJ starts rallying everyone behind the cause and stops all the excuses and accusations. We should remember we are still the only team to have headed QPR in the league this season and that proves we are capable of living with the very best in this division.

Whatever happens tomorrow DJ must see the season out and if he can find it in him to stop the moaning and bleating we may just back to showing the form our squad is capable of. If he does I believe we will get promoted either way he should already be planning for next season be it PL or Championship afterall that's his job.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

DJ Should be knigted taken us to wembley ......... through times of club in dire straights

stuck by cardiff all the way - could easily of walked himself but stuck it out

players in for small fees sold at high proffits

brought the best out of players sorry most players - did have success with jay until he put that shity white shirt on

we expect to much we have come far - yes we are hungry for more but club are learning to walk before they can run
still have many high debuts

Yes I have knocked DJ and probably still will but we need to all stick together your views and others either way
will not get the points on the board its now down to dj is back roomn staff and players !

good luck city tomorrow ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:28 pm

mallo wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

DJ Should be knigted taken us to wembley ......... through times of club in dire straights

brought the best out of players sorry most players - did have success with jay until he put that shity white shirt on

we expect to much we have come far - yes we are hungry for more but club are learning to walk before they can run

Yes I have knocked DJ and probably still will but we need to all stick together your views and others either way
will not get the points on the board its now down to dj is back roomn staff and players !

good luck city tomorrow ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mallo the man who says Taxi for DJ every time we lose.
DJ applied for 3 other jobs in the last couple of years and FAILED TO GET THEM.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:31 pm

From Facebook

Daniel Picton
works in both ways, maybe dave jones can take us up , but then another part of me says, maybe in the last 8 games get fresh ideas new manager and new tactics new formations , but we must stick with jomes he's got us this far so GET BEHIND HIM!!
9 minutes ago ·

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:42 pm

Annis, Jones won't be with us after the international, the Malaysians didn't make their millions making stupid decisions. When we lose tomorrow it will be a positive result for the club. Good will come out of adversity. And by the way Annis, NEVER bet on city, they'll always do the dirty on you!

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:43 pm

good luck city tomorrow ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Mallo the man who says Taxi for DJ every time we lose.
DJ applied for 3 other jobs in the last couple of years and FAILED TO GET THEM.[/quote]

twice i have said taxi because i was pissed off but I still think to late to rock the boat 9 games
i think he will be gone this week end if we loose but we should back them all tomorrow

dont let me catch you with yr hands in your pockets !

BLUEARMY

I LOVE CARDIFF

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:46 pm

CITY FOOTBALL CLUB

MANAGERS / PLAYERS COME AND GO

CITY TILL I DIE

TAXI OR NO FOOKING TAXI IM CARDIFF CITY TILL MY DYINGDAY :old: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:56 pm

My gut feeling is we will play awful tomorrow but get a lucky 1-1 draw, scoring from a penalty.

QPR & Norwich seem to have the wind in their sails and will be the 2 teams promoted via the auto places.

We will limp into the play-offs but get stuffed in the semis by whoever we play if DJ stays in charge.

Our only chance of promotion now is through the play-offs and ONLY IF TG/VT remove DJ after tomorrow’s game and hand the job to Terry Burton who will have the international break to work with the squad.

We need to stop kidding ourselves about DJ and realise he has taken us for a ride for far too long. Our owners are successful businessmen and they know the value of being bold and going with their instincts.

My instincts tell me if we don’t do this now then we can forget promotion and add the 2010/11 season to our ever lengthening list of wasted opportunities.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:57 pm

if we dont win tomorrow cant see us making the play offs either confidence is rock bottom jones to go new manager in whoever it is and start again next season but being a city fan all these years whats new ill be there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:59 pm

9 games to go, is your glass half empty or half full
How long have you supported the City? Does it Matter? No
A new manager! Your having a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where are we now? On the end of a bad run?
The Jacks are in freefall, QPR are up if no points deduction, Norwich on a run, they will stumble on the way with their fixtures, Leeds not good enough: Forest when was the last time they won?
Millwall tomorrow, what ever happens, we still have a chance of going up.
Supporting City is a rollercoaster, if you don't like it get off. Others will take your place.
Whatever happens this season, anybody who enjoys the craic of supporting City will be there next season.
If we don't get there, the glory boys will f**k off, others will take their place because with support of the Malaysians we will be in a position to challege for promotion every year. The Malaysians have got a plan B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So come on lads, don't be so f*cking negative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will be there next season whatever.

Why do I hate that word. Whatever AAAAAAAAAAAAArrgh teenagers

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:15 pm

Win tomorrow, and if other results go our way why not (need even more luck on our side), yes he possibly could.

BUT, if we lose then I wouldn't be against replacing him either - as long as the replacement is an ideal long term prospect, like Gus Poyet. We just can't afford to miss out on the opportunity this year end of.

Here's hoping for a confidence boosting win, the start of a few back to back wins, and some BIG decision making in the summer.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:17 pm

i think the night before the game we should get behind the team not ask if we lose what shall we do ?

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:18 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39749 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:20 pm

good reply my old mate been supporting the city for 32 years i aint no glory hunter trust me ill be there tomorrow and many more seasons to come god willing just got feeling were fading again hope im wrong always support the boys no matter what see you tomorrow my old mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:24 pm

Gareth, City are a rollercoaster always have been , always will be. You can't sack the manager when we are fourth in the table. Who knows what results will happen next?
If every team who had 3 poor results sacked their manager, where would that leave us?
Hey, me and you would probably be managers.
We might have hit on something here.
SACK THEM ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you don't win for 3 games sack the bastards everyone of them, whether their top or bottom. That will teach them to be a football manager, especially of Cardiff!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:28 pm

i would like to see jones given millwall away and derby home to get 6pts anything less and show him the door..
get someone like gus poyet in and back him no matter what happens this season.
it will give him the chance to get an idea of the squad and what he wants to do with it ready for next season

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:35 pm

If we play 4-5-1 I am convinced we will win 2-0 tomorrow like we did at Pompey, if we lose I don't think dj should be sacked it's to late now, he should have been sacked on jan 1st after our dismal display at Bristol city and watford any talk of getting poyet to come here is bollocks he'll never walk away from Brighton when they are so close to gaining promotion, and I am also worried what effect sacking dj would have on his favourites in the squad like whitts,mcphail and bothroyd at this. Crucial stage of the season, I think everyone should give dj and the team 110% backing for the remaining 9 games we're all in this together I still believe we can clinch 2nd spot :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:36 pm

spike ferndale wrote:Gareth, City are a rollercoaster always have been , always will be. You can't sack the manager when we are fourth in the table. Who knows what results will happen next?
If every team who had 3 poor results sacked their manager, where would that leave us?
Hey, me and you would probably be managers.
We might have hit on something here.
SACK THEM ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you don't win for 3 games sack the bastards everyone of them, whether their top or bottom. That will teach them to be a football manager, especially of Cardiff!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The board have to be ruthless, we CANNOT miss the opportunity to go up. We don't - we get a new manager anyway, the squad will be stripped and rebuilt from scratch, we'll have a bigger fight in a stronger Championship next season.

I'll always hope for a City win whoevers in charge. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:43 pm

spike your trouble is you get so pist falling out of mini buses etc, you cant see the clueless way we are playing, there is no heart, no backbone too us, my advise is stop drinking with sticky and leave the bow there and then watch us

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:51 pm

yer leave the bow next away game lol, agree we have not played as a team or with spirit this year, and i think jones
is not the man for the job, he should of went at xmas, burt big game tomorrow lets get behind the team and despite
jones tactics see if we can get up .

we got a part to play as fans as well mate

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:02 pm

Binero,

f**k you, you were no good when you were playing , what the f**k would you know about falling out of minibuses?
It's an artform , it requires technique!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As for drinking Bow with Sticky, the mans a legend. If you are going to get pissed on the bow on a Saturday, what better than with Sticky.
In Sticky's words ," better than that poncy Lager crap."

A bit of luck is all that is required!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has left me open to replies.

So cmon then you bastards lets have them.

Apolgies Annis for the bad language on your Forum tonight, I have had a couple.

Spike

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:10 pm

All i will say is "LOAN PLAYERS" who don't give a toss, wages paid ect, give dj a break FFS.
No manager is going bring a bunch of mercenries together as a team with 8 games to go, at least dai jones now knows some of them, lets rock with Dai starting tomorrow...."MEN OF HARLECH STAND YE STEADY" :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:As Ive Bet £20 on a City Win in Corals and I hate Losing money :lol: :lol:

IF that were to happen (14 & 7 pts adrift going into the break) I think it would be tough as an 'automatic' option, Annis....but then I feel we can 'do' anyone over two legs IF the second best play-off scenario was put in front of us

Sack DJ during the international break?? We'd be a laughing stock!!

Who would (genuinely) take over?? Realistically, ONLY Terry Burton could possibly 'galvanise' the team with the players we have now.

Is it worth a gamble?? Not IMO....but I know there are some (possibly including you) who would accept that....and who's to say it wouldn't work??

But for me?? To sack DJ (regardless of the Millwall result) would be a footballing and political disaster for a club he has 'dragged up' from its knees in a few (apparently quickly forgotten) seasons....

The next nine games are not about Dave Jones....they're about CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB, it's players, its LOYAL supporters (Oh yes, plus the 'plastics' who want to watch ManUre, Chelski, Arsene-nil and the other 'Sunday TV' teams that would come to CCS) and the CITY of CARDIFF itself!!

Let's stop all this negativity and get behind the team until it's mathematically impossible to go up....OR (PREFEREABLY) WE DO!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:39 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:My gut feeling is we will play awful tomorrow but get a lucky 1-1 draw, scoring from a penalty.

QPR & Norwich seem to have the wind in their sails and will be the 2 teams promoted via the auto places.

We will limp into the play-offs but get stuffed in the semis by whoever we play if DJ stays in charge.

Our only chance of promotion now is through the play-offs and ONLY IF TG/VT remove DJ after tomorrow’s game and hand the job to Terry Burton who will have the international break to work with the squad.

We need to stop kidding ourselves about DJ and realise he has taken us for a ride for far too long. Our owners are successful businessmen and they know the value of being bold and going with their instincts.

My instincts tell me if we don’t do this now then we can forget promotion and add the 2010/11 season to our ever lengthening list of wasted opportunities.

Terry Burton do me a favour !!!!

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:43 pm

I actually think we will win tomorrow, we have a good record against those in the top half of the table and those who are on a good run! However, if the boys give a performance devoid of passion, and we lose, then with the international break coming up then its the perfect time to sack DJ and get a new man in! We cant afford another trademark Dave Jones slump now and i dont think the malaysians will tolerate it!