Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

all we are sayyyyying is give beast a chance

Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:06 pm

to be sung tomorrow(to the tune of john lennons give peace a chance)if D.J fails to bring him on early enough to change things,lets hope we dont need to change things :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: all we are sayyyyying is give beast a chance

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:03 pm

I can't believe that anyone can seriously see Parkin as a decent replacement for any of our strikers - I just don't see it. He couldn't trap a fart and rarely reaches headers - he's got concrete boots and gives away even more fouls that Jay.

This guy aint the answer and I can't help but think that our obsession with him is merely based on the cult status that surrounds his nickname.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:43 pm

BBMack wrote:I can't believe that anyone can seriously see Parkin as a decent replacement for any of our strikers - I just don't see it. He couldn't trap a fart and rarely reaches headers - he's got concrete boots and gives away even more fouls that Jay.

This guy aint the answer and I can't help but think that our obsession with him is merely based on the cult status that surrounds his nickname.

agree 100% ... preston must have been laughing their heads off when we handed over 100k

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:10 pm

yeah, how much is novelty value but that goal he scored at Norwich was :D awesome, nearly fainted when that went in cos our expectation levels were zero

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:12 pm

I Disagree with you on that I believe he is a Bargain,if he is that bad then your saying once again DJ has messed up ?

He is not a class player like Jay, but he should be given a chance as he is a battler and we are short of them :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:18 pm

i dont think he"s the answer but you got to give him a chance to prove himself :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:23 pm

Aside from the wonder goal against Norwich and winning the free kick against Reading - I've not really seen him add any value to the team.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:39 pm

BBMack wrote:I can't believe that anyone can seriously see Parkin as a decent replacement for any of our strikers - I just don't see it. He couldn't trap a fart and rarely reaches headers - he's got concrete boots and gives away even more fouls that Jay.

sorry mate but you are wrong,if you read my post i didnt say he should start,but he deserves more than 10 minutes,he is a player to break up a game when we are geting outclassed,outgunned and over run.he wins as many free kicks as he gives away :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I Disagree with you on that I believe he is a Bargain,if he is that bad then your saying once again DJ has messed up ?

He is not a class player like Jay, but he should be given a chance as he is a battler and we are short of them :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

totally agree annis :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:06 pm

I can't believe anyone would pick Parkin instead of Jay,this is his first major dip in form since he joined the club it's our support he needs not fans booing him and cheering when he was subbed he's the most talented player in our squad in my opinion and we'll miss him when he's gone no disrespect to Parkin I think he was a good signing for 100k he's good back up but I wouldn't leave out our top scorer with 9 games to go our rivals would be pissing themselves

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I Disagree with you on that I believe he is a Bargain,if he is that bad then your saying once again DJ has messed up ?

Agree Annis....

'The Beast' could offer a different option IF given 90 minutes (or at least tried from the start)

Without the tenacity of Chopra we need to have someone (other than Craig and his gob :lol: ) to mix things up with the opposition....

I know Jay seems to be 'out of sorts' since his England debut

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:32 pm

at least give the guy a run of games before casting an opinion

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm

I heard a funny story about the Beast the other day. As him and Bellers were walking off the pitch Bellers was offering him some constructive criticism about areas to run, holding the ball up etc etc Parkin laughed in his face and said "Craig, i cost a hundred grand, you're a ten million pound player, do you seriously expect me to be able to do that!!!" ha ha :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: