Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" What Planet Is DJ Living On? "

Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:36 pm

I just watched DJ pre match interview and I could hardly believe what I was hearing, the interview was full of the usual People In This Part Of The World stuff, but when asked about our recent Blip he replied "Everyone Is Having A Blip"

Well the reality DJ is that some a having a bigger Blip than others but when you consider that a Blip was a term which was most commonly used to describe a short term improvement in financial markets it hardly applies to form of football clubs.

Perhaps someone should look at the form of our football club in a little more details i.e. if you were to look at the performance of our club over say the last 23 games you would see we have only won 8 games. Half of those wins occured during the short term loan of Aaron Ramsey and results have fallen away since his return to Arsenal - A classic Blip.

Then take a look at the performance of other clubs in the Championship to see how many games they have won over the last 23 fixtures;

QPR 12 wins from 23 games
Nowrich 11 wins in 23 games
Swansea 12 wins in 23 games
Leeds 10 wins in 23 games
Notts Forest 11 wins in 23 games
Burnley 10 wins in 23 games
Watford 9 wins in 23 games
Hull 11 wins in 23 games
Leicester 12 wins in 23 games
Reading 9 wins in 23 games
Millwall 9 wins in 23 games
Portsmouth 6 wins in 23 games.

So our record is only better than the team currently 13th in the Championship table and that means our blip was winning 4 games when Aaron Ramsey was at the club and now we are back at the inconsistent average team when have been since November.

When you consider that we have been here before with DJ it is little wonder many of us believe that he is incapable of turning this around, indeed if he does manage it he will fall on the answer by mistake.

Football is a results business and our results over this 23 game period are comparable with Crystal Palace, Middlesbrough and Ipswich who have all changed their managers this season, that is why it is right that DJ position at the club should be under review never mind one game but a long run of games.

For your information DJ there is no football club on the planet where this type of form would be considered aceptable and although you have changed your SPIN from we are still 2nd to we are in a great position it simply doesn't wash.

I really don't see how anyone can possibly continue to defend him giving these FACTS. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " What Planet Is DJ Living On? "

Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:41 pm

Excellent post castleblue.

You make some very good points.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:47 pm

Why would you look at it over 23 games other than to paint a negative picture.
Look at it over the season and we are in need of Improvement.

He is right though Of late all the teams around us are dropping points which is why it's so annoying that we haven't capitalised.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Absolutely spot on! Everytime I hear him use the phrase, people in this part of the world, I shudder! Hasn't he worked out yet that it winds us all up or does he do it on purpose?

Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:49 pm

The man is clutching at straws :roll:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:57 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Why would you look at it over 23 games other than to paint a negative picture.

He is right though Of late all the teams around us are dropping points which is why it's so annoying that we haven't capitalised.

It all about opinions 2Blue and my opinion is that I'm fed up with the Spin that our manager comes out with. I cannot see how anyone could argue that his "We Are Still 2nd" was anything other than spin and today his "Blip and we have never been better placed in the history of the club" is yet more spin.

That why when he makes a claim that the last couple of games are a blip I have looked over 23 games or more than half the season. You claim I'm only looking for something negative my answer is I'm looking for the FACTS and if they paint a negative picture who is to blame ME or just maybe our manager?

This whole thing sums the guy up perfectly for me loads of spin but little substance and enough is enough. Just my opinion of course :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:00 pm

Bang on butt :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:01 pm

' In this part of the world' as Dave Jones would say. Makes us feel like outcasts or could it be slightly racial. Castleblue your post is spot on.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:01 pm

castleblue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Why would you look at it over 23 games other than to paint a negative picture.

It all about opinions 2Blue and my opinion is that I'm fed up with the Spin that our manager comes out with. I cannot see how anyone could argue that his "We Are Still 2nd" was anything other than spin and today his "Blip and we have never been better placed in the history of the club" is yet more spin.

That why when he makes a claim that the last couple of games are a blip I have looked over 23 games or more than half the season. You claim I'm only looking for something negative my answer is I'm looking for the FACTS and if they paint a negative picture who is to blame ME or just maybe our manager?

This whole thing sums the guy up perfectly for me loads of spin but little substance and enough is enough. Just my opinion of course :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Did he really say we've never been better placed in the history of the club?

So, when we lost out on old Div 1 ( now Prem) title, a division we've never played in according to Jones, by a solitary goal scored, we were actually below where we are now under Jones?

Can anyone really defend the clueless scouse fuckwit?

Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:08 pm

We have just lost one of the best mid-fielders the club has ever had and our hardest working striker is out for the rest of the season.
I honestly think we will not get a consistent winning run to get auto spot.

Can you use some recent results to paint a positive picture for me please?

I am sure some on here would interested too. :(

Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:09 pm

nerd wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Did he really say we've never been better placed in the history of the club?

So, when we lost out on old Div 1 ( now Prem) title, a division we've never played in according to Jones, by a solitary goal scored, we were actually below where we are now under Jones?

Can anyone really defend the clueless scouse fuckwit?

Errr,no. :( :oops: :( :oops:

Planet "I'm a cock", obviously.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:44 pm

[quote="castleblue"]I just watched DJ pre match interview and I could hardly believe what I was hearing, the interview was full of the usual People In This Part Of The World stuff, but when asked about our recent Blip he replied "Everyone Is Having A Blip"

Well the reality DJ is that some a having a bigger Blip than others but when you consider that a Blip was a term which was most commonly used to describe a short term improvement in financial markets it hardly applies to form of football clubs.

Perhaps someone should look at the form of our football club in a little more details i.e. if you were to look at the performance of our club over say the last 23 games you would see we have only won 8 games. Half of those wins occured during the short term loan of Aaron Ramsey and results have fallen away since his return to Arsenal - A classic Blip.

Then take a look at the performance of other clubs in the Championship to see how many games they have won over the last 23 fixtures;

Hull 11 wins in 23 games

So our record is only better than the team currently 13th in the Championship table and that means our blip was winning 4 games when Aaron Ramsey was at the club and now we are back at the inconsistent average team when have been since November.

When you consider that we have been here before with DJ it is little wonder many of us believe that he is incapable of turning this around, indeed if he does manage it he will fall on the answer by mistake.

Football is a results business and our results over this 23 game period are comparable with Crystal Palace, Middlesbrough and Ipswich who have all changed their managers this season, that is why it is right that DJ position at the club should be under review never mind one game but a long run of games.

For your information DJ there is no football club on the planet where this type of form would be considered aceptable and although you have changed your SPIN from we are still 2nd to we are in a great position it simply doesn't wash.

I really don't see how anyone can possibly continue to defend him giving these FACTS. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:29 pm

Jones is clutching at straws so much somebody needs to send the arrogant git a bale of hay.The fans who he seems to have no time for will get behind the team at Millwall because thats what we do ,THIS GUY IS DRINKING IN THE LAST CHANCE SALOON.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:30 pm

Is our form acceptable?
Did anyone spot that the 23 games analysis was started 2 games after our 5 win streak :-)
Just for fun I thought I'd look at the WINS from the last 13 games as that would seem more relevant to current form.
Cardiff have won just 6 out of 13. How about everyone else?

QPR 7
Norwich 6
Swans 7
Leeds 5
Forest 5
Burnley 7
Watford 4
Hull 7
Leics 8
Reading 5
Millwall 5
Portsm 6

The only real stand out here is Leciester at 8, and at table top QPR and Swans edging us by 1 WIN. Is 6 wins so unacceptable?
Interesting things to note are Watford 4 (manager sacked yet?) and Millwall on 5 and languishing at 12th in the table. It's a worry that they just had 2 excellent wins but overall not that impressive.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:49 pm

alexc wrote:Is our form acceptable?
Did anyone spot that the 23 games analysis was started 2 games after our 5 win streak :-)
Just for fun I thought I'd look at the WINS from the last 13 games as that would seem more relevant to current form.
Cardiff have won just 6 out of 13. How about everyone else?

QPR 7
Norwich 6
Swans 7
Leeds 5
Forest 5
Burnley 7
Watford 4
Hull 7
Leics 8
Reading 5
Millwall 5
Portsm 6

The only real stand out here is Leciester at 8, and at table top QPR and Swans edging us by 1 WIN. Is 6 wins so unacceptable?
Interesting things to note are Watford 4 (manager sacked yet?) and Millwall on 5 and languishing at 12th in the table. It's a worry that they just had 2 excellent wins but overall not that impressive.

Right, thanks for arguing the point - we are where we are because everybody else is playing like s***.

Boy, that really says DJ is a great manager, right?

Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:55 pm

I think it says that everyone is fairly well matched.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:02 pm

alexc wrote:I think it says that everyone is fairly well matched.

That's a fair point except when you consider that 4 of the 6 wins in the last 13 games happened when we had Aaron Ramsey on loan and perhaps he helped make us an above average team.

Without Aaron however that leaves us bottom of the table you posted for the last 13 games which sort of proves the point I was making. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:28 pm

From Facebook

Mark Price f**k up jones and f**k off
about an hour ago · Unlike · 1 person

Craig Green(Merlin) More like CastleBlue speaks out! ;-)
about an hour ago · Like

Aston Martyn Williams ‎3 Points tomorrow or bye bye Jones.
about an hour ago · Like

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:28 pm

castleblue wrote:

That's a fair point except when you consider that 4 of the 6 wins in the last 13 games happened when we had Aaron Ramsey on loan and perhaps he helped make us an above average team.

Without Aaron however that leaves us bottom of the table you posted for the last 13 games which sort of proves the point I was making. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Castleblue - it hurts me that youre speaking so much sense and really highlighting just how reliant on Rambo we were and just how abysmal Jones' record is with all of the tools at his disposal! I need a drink!

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:30 pm

castleblue wrote:

I am Fed up of him blaming others/his spin and gutless/Arrogant attitude

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:46 pm

Jones:

I could cope with his miserable scouse persona
I could cope with his 'cold' and negative relationship with the fans and media of South Wales
I could cope with his arrogant attitude
I could cope with his seemingly lack of passion

What I can't cope with though is his consistent failure to deliver what should be a top two finish with the best collection of players in the division and then blame everyone else except himself for the failure.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:54 pm

castleblue wrote:

I agree, certainly Aaron helped us recently. I think its reasonable to assume it but we can't know for sure we'd have lost those games without him.
I think that what we're all struggling to understand is how at the start of the season DJ led us to a 4 win streak followed soon after by a 5 win streak. Dj was managing a side that had no Aaron Ramsey but they played really well, so what happened to that form? If we assume that form is directly related to managerial infleunce then the players were clearly having a honeymoon period with their manager at that time. What changed in DJ such that his influence became inconsistent since Nov? And as a measure of how well the team is playing please remember that there are twenty teams in our league with a worse record than us and only three that have a better one.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:56 pm

"with the best collection of players in the division"

This is a blatant falsehood as many forum members have pointed out - we only win games when we have a class player with us like Ramsey! The others are clearly poor players.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:44 pm

alexc wrote:"with the best collection of players in the division"

This is a blatant falsehood as many forum members have pointed out - we only win games when we have a class player with us like Ramsey! The others are clearly poor players.

I think we have a fantatsic squad this season DJ has gone on record as saying it is the best squad he has had during his time at the club, is it the best squad in the division well who knows. What goes without saying is that DJ has put this squad together and I think it fair to say in selecting these players he would have considered how they are going to fit into a unit, a team to play within a tactical formation and still have options to change things as required.

DJ has for many seasons made the excuse about not being able to change things because of the size and quality of the squad, he absolutely cannot make that excuse this season because he has described the squad as the best during his time at the club.

As regards Aaron Ramsey contribution you are absolutely right that we can only guess what the result of the games would have been without him, but it's unfair to say the other players are clearly poor. At the time Aaron arrived Dekel Keinan was also selected at CB with MacNaughton moving to LB this together with Aaron in CM undoubtedly brought a solid spine to the team. However without Aaron the spine of the team has been weakened and lets face it any championship side would be stronger with him than without him, does that make our other midfield players poor no but it does raise the question of their effectiveness in whatever pairing or formation DJ selects. This CM weakness has been evident for many seasons but it still exists even within DJ best squad during his time at the club and who is responsible?

In the last few months we as fans have been at the sharp end of DJ tongue for our unreasonable expectation levels, his People In This Part Of The World nonsense is wearing very very thin for lots of us and last week being accused of bringing fear into the stadium and transmitting it to the team was simply unbelieveable.

He has his best squad and as he freely admits it includes options to change things when required and we are getting deeper and deeper into a run of poor results, be it 13 games, 23 games or 37 games and still the only consistent thing is the inconsistency Who is responsible surely not the fans.

But according to DJ it is be it unreasonable expectation levels or the latest fans bringing fear into the stadium, IMO it's all to boring and predictable a bit like the man himself. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:57 pm

castleblue wrote:I just watched DJ pre match interview and I could hardly believe what I was hearing, the interview was full of the usual People In This Part Of The World stuff, but when asked about our recent Blip he replied "Everyone Is Having A Blip"

Hull 11 wins in 23 games

I don't swear very often on this board.
Shut the f**k up about DJ until we can no longer mathematically get promoted (including via the playoffs).

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:13 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
castleblue wrote:I just watched DJ pre match interview and I could hardly believe what I was hearing, the interview was full of the usual People In This Part Of The World stuff, but when asked about our recent Blip he replied "Everyone Is Having A Blip"

Hull 11 wins in 23 games

I don't swear very often on this board.
Shut the f**k up about DJ until we can no longer mathematically get promoted (including via the playoffs).

Excellent contribution to the debate Thank you. ;) ;) ;)

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:14 pm

You say about spin, I wondered why you picked up to 23 games so thought I would check the games and im not surprised to see that just before those 23 games we actually won 12 and lost only 4 of the games. So yes you chose up to 23 games to paint a negative picture on our form IMO I cant see any other reason to look at it over a 23 games period.

Anyone can shorten games to make it sound better or worse

I could say we have lost only 4 of out last 15 games but it doesnt create a clear picture again.

Only stats that matter so far is over 37 games
Won 18
Drew 8
Lost 11

62 points and 4 points behind second....NOT GOOD ENOUGH but not impossible, far from it.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:20 pm

A quick word on my previous comment,
"we only win games when we have a class player with us like Ramsey! The others are clearly poor players."
This was sarcasm, I was highlighting that there is a sense that Ramsey made us look better than we are yet at the same time we have the best squad in the league. I don't believe we can have it both ways. Do we really have good players? Do they have a history of being highly motivated and fighting with passion for their previous clubs? Is it all DJ's fault that "we're only 4th"? To me it's not black and white.
Passions and emotions seem to all be coming down to the Milwall game.
Guess what, Milwall is one of the few teams that have gone 1-0 up against DJ's Cardiff and we have gone on to win the game :D. I think it was only the 10th such occurrence in one hundred and somety something games.
Let's hope that's a positive sign for us. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:24 pm

2blue2handle wrote:You say about spin, I wondered why you picked up to 23 games so thought I would check the games and im not surprised to see that just before those 23 games we actually won 12 and lost only 4 of the games. So yes you chose up to 23 games to paint a negative picture on our form IMO I cant see any other reason to look at it over a 23 games period.

Anyone can shorten games to make it sound better or worse

I could say we have lost only 4 of out last 15 games but it doesnt create a clear picture again.

Only stats that matter so far is over 37 games
Won 18
Drew 8
Lost 11

62 points and 4 points behind second....NOT GOOD ENOUGH but not impossible, far from it.

I will admit that the 23 game run did start just after the excellent run of performances and results we had in October but my motivation here was not just to paint a negative picture. No one can deny that our early season results, with a couple of exceptions, laid the foundations that helped us stay in the top 4 teams all season, but by the same token no one can deny our form since again with a few exceptions has been disappointing.

Our manager just winds me up when he gives interviews which are full of excuses and accusations and I just wish we had a little more honesty from him.

By the way is the 4 losses in 15 games an attempt to paint a positive picture. ;)

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:35 pm

Ya know, painting a positive picture ain't a bad thing when it comes to leaderhip of teams :old:
I think what everyone is saying has a lot of truth in it.
What I struggle to get my head around is what is going on inside our players heads and how did it get there, but they're not saying.
We know this team can play well we've seen it in bursts against Ipswich and Palace, thats undeniable - why can't they keep it going more consistently?