Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " What Planet Is DJ Living On? "

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:39 pm

By the way is the 4 losses in 15 games an attempt to paint a positive picture.

Not really but just to show if you do it over a certain amount of games you can try and create a any sort of picture depending on what point a person is trying to make :)

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:48 pm

castleblue wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:
castleblue wrote:I just watched DJ pre match interview and I could hardly believe what I was hearing, the interview was full of the usual People In This Part Of The World stuff, but when asked about our recent Blip he replied "Everyone Is Having A Blip"

Well the reality DJ is that some a having a bigger Blip than others but when you consider that a Blip was a term which was most commonly used to describe a short term improvement in financial markets it hardly applies to form of football clubs.

Perhaps someone should look at the form of our football club in a little more details i.e. if you were to look at the performance of our club over say the last 23 games you would see we have only won 8 games. Half of those wins occured during the short term loan of Aaron Ramsey and results have fallen away since his return to Arsenal - A classic Blip.

Then take a look at the performance of other clubs in the Championship to see how many games they have won over the last 23 fixtures;

QPR 12 wins from 23 games
Nowrich 11 wins in 23 games
Swansea 12 wins in 23 games
Leeds 10 wins in 23 games
Notts Forest 11 wins in 23 games
Burnley 10 wins in 23 games
Watford 9 wins in 23 games
Hull 11 wins in 23 games
Leicester 12 wins in 23 games
Reading 9 wins in 23 games
Millwall 9 wins in 23 games
Portsmouth 6 wins in 23 games.

So our record is only better than the team currently 13th in the Championship table and that means our blip was winning 4 games when Aaron Ramsey was at the club and now we are back at the inconsistent average team when have been since November.

When you consider that we have been here before with DJ it is little wonder many of us believe that he is incapable of turning this around, indeed if he does manage it he will fall on the answer by mistake.

Football is a results business and our results over this 23 game period are comparable with Crystal Palace, Middlesbrough and Ipswich who have all changed their managers this season, that is why it is right that DJ position at the club should be under review never mind one game but a long run of games.

For your information DJ there is no football club on the planet where this type of form would be considered aceptable and although you have changed your SPIN from we are still 2nd to we are in a great position it simply doesn't wash.

I really don't see how anyone can possibly continue to defend him giving these FACTS. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I don't swear very often on this board.
Shut the f**k up about DJ until we can no longer mathematically get promoted (including via the playoffs).

Excellent contribution to the debate Thank you. ;) ;) ;)

A little petty of me I know - the message I was trying to convey is that this has become a witch-hunt, not a debate. We seem to be endlessly discussing how badly DJ is doing. This can't be exactly helpful for the team. We are still in a strong position to go up - lets sack him when we can no longer go up, and not before.

Sorry for swearing - I didn't have time to put forward a reasoned argument!

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:50 pm

and I didn't mean to quote it all again!

sorry! :D :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:04 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
castleblue wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:
I don't swear very often on this board.
Shut the f**k up about DJ until we can no longer mathematically get promoted (including via the playoffs).

Excellent contribution to the debate Thank you. ;) ;) ;)

A little petty of me I know - the message I was trying to convey is that this has become a witch-hunt, not a debate. We seem to be endlessly discussing how badly DJ is doing. This can't be exactly helpful for the team. We are still in a strong position to go up - lets sack him when we can no longer go up, and not before.

Sorry for swearing - I didn't have time to put forward a reasoned argument!

I only posted this thread after I had listened to DJ pre match interview which as usual laced with excuses, accusations and spin and I have to admit I was swearing a lot as I was watching.

I just wish instead of the moaning he would come out and show a bit of honesty even courage to stand by the teams record this season. That may sound strange given I have posted an article highlighting our performance over the last 23 games but I cannot understand why he doesn't try to gather everyone together by concentrating on what we have done well this season.

We started the season with a run of 13 points out of 15 and after 2 poor performances went on a run of 19 points from 21, at that point we became the only team to head QPR in the League Table and that after losing Jay, Chops and Bellamy to injury.

That is the foundation on which our season has been built and shows that this squad can live with the very best in this division.

I just wish he would spend time focusing on the potential in our squad and not having the People In This Part Of The World as the conerstone of every press conference. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:14 pm

nerd wrote:Right, thanks for arguing the point - we are where we are because everybody else is playing like s***.

Boy, that really says DJ is a great manager, right?

Firstly I think Castleblue wrote a fantastic OP but Nerd you have hit the point about DJ right on the head.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:01 pm

A defeat tomorrow and a performance lacking any kind of fight or bottle will have" PEOPLE IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD" pretty pissed off with the team and manager.

So how do people react to mediocre displays and performances lacking in fire and passion " IN HIS PART OF THE WORLD?

Lots of managers manage teams in different parts of the country than where they were born, but they nearly always embrace the culture and passion of that area rather than try and belittle the fans from there, it's something that's been pissing me off for a long time now and I've lost respect for Jonesy because of it. The sooner he f***s off the better, let's get a manager with passion and who doesn't continually refer to us supporters as "PEOPLE IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD" :twisted:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:40 pm

alexc wrote:"with the best collection of players in the division"

This is a blatant falsehood as many forum members have pointed out - we only win games when we have a class player with us like Ramsey! The others are clearly poor players.

Really???

Craig Bellamy - Could have walked into any top 4 team last summer and Welsh captain.

Jay Bothroyd - England international

Peter Whittingham - Last seasons Championship top scorer with 25 goals

Michael Chopra - Has averaged almost 20 goals a season when he has played in the championship

Kevin McNaughton - Best full-back in the championship and Scottish international

Dekel Keinan - Israeli international with champions league experience

Olifinjana - 50 caps for Nigeria and has premier league experience

Chris Burke - Scotland international

Steven McPhail - Irish international

JET - One of the most promising youngsters at Arsenal

Koumas - Welsh international and universally regarded as one of the best players we have ever had

You name me another club in the Championship that comes anywhere close to having a squad with as much talent as that!!!!

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:16 am

GOOD DEBATE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: