Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are Swansea better than Millwall..........?

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:26 am

I`ve just sat through the full 90 minutes of our 1-0 superb game against the Jacks at their place.....
Still get goosebumps when the "Bluebird from birth Bellers" scores :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I know no game is ever the same but......

They didnt get a shot on target, Hudson and pretty much all eleven City players that day were awesome.
So if we can play like that, keep the opposing team at bay as well as we did why not the same for the next 9 games, starting with a victory at the New Den tomorrow.
All teams play differently I know, and maybe the Jacks had an "off" day that day without taking anything away from our performance.

DJ--- only you as an experienced manager knows what to do, but as I`m sure you have watch the DVD again, see what we did well, compared to recent games, man for man marking was superb, they kept going, Quinn had one of the best players in the championship in his back pocket all game.

OK so we had Rambo and we`ll be without Chops going forward but come on work your magic. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Are Swansea better than Millwall..........?

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:32 am

After playing both teams twice & being at 3 of the 4 games from our point of view Millwall are a better side.

Swansea when they go forward are very dangerous but up against a decent holding midfielder & good defence they really don't offer much as our results against them show, 0-0 at the Liberty and us smashing them 4-0 at home.

Millwall however are set up very well organised by Kenny Jacket & are hard to break down, even with our very creative players they made life very hard for us at Loftus Rd with the game ending 0-0. At thier gaff they set up quite the same but with a very very noisy home crowd behind them it gives them an extra spring in their step while at the same time nullify's the visitors.

The Tuesday game we played them recently we had just come off of 3 wins & no goals conceded, Taarabt got clattered early by Alan Dunne & every time he went near the sidelines he got so badly abused it clearly threw him off his game & he wandered inside & was near on ineffective. Same for Danny Shittu, the crowd got to him badly that night & it was his 2 mistakes that cost us.

The atmosphere will be red hot tomorrow & if you haven't the players to cope you will struggle.

Personally given the circumstances I mentioned & Millwall's good form if you got a draw I think you'd of done well.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:35 am

Interesting reply Stan, cheers

I`ll be there, lets hope they have an off day then cos they sound pretty strong at home. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I`m sure we`ll be noisy but possibly for once, away from home not the noiseist, :D

Looking forward to it, 8-)

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:44 am

I hope Bellamy dosent bite tomoz because they will be goading him for a reaction

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:44 am

3-0 millwall!! There players and fans will be well up for this game! I was dreading the prospect of the playoffs again..now im just praying we make them

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:46 am

we aint gonna lose 3-0.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:02 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:we aint gonna lose 3-0.

ok.. 4-0 then lol all jokes aside though.. I realy cant see us getting any joy in this game, and it wouldnt supprise me if we were soundly beaten.. Especialy when theres roumers going around about dave jones future if he dosnt get a result.. Talk about adding presure to the course!

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:05 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:
LutonBluebird wrote:we aint gonna lose 3-0.

ok.. 4-0 then lol all jokes aside though.. I realy cant see us getting any joy in this game, and it wouldnt supprise me if we were soundly beaten.. Especialy when theres roumers going around about dave jones future if he dosnt get a result.. Talk about adding presure to the course!

Or on the flip side galvanise the team? Siege mentality

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:44 pm

we can win it,

another team to notch up a double over............

Leeds, Hull, Coventry, Scunthorpe, Millwall...why not :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

and stop a team on a good run...cos we`ve done that a few times recently, Watford and Hull, Millwall...why not ... :D

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:52 pm

to be honest,i didn't think much of millwall at our place,so cant see why we cant beat them at their place.looking at their results at home,it aint exactly a fortress :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:37 pm

boxerbob wrote:to be honest,i didn't think much of millwall at our place,so cant see why we cant beat them at their place.looking at their results at home,it aint exactly a fortress :ayatollah:

I`m thinking the same bud