Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THIS IS WHY WE CAN BLAME DJ !!!

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:40 am

i was sceptical on blaming any manager for bad displays, until i read this
an extract on management from a book. is DJ lacking the basics??? i think so.

When the fight is really on and the battle is undecided, you want your team to act co-operatively, quickly, rationally; you do not want a disgruntled employee bitching about life, you do not want a worker who avoids work, you do not want your key engineer being tired all day because the baby cries all night. But this is what happens, and as a manager you have to deal with it. Few "people problems" can be solved quickly, some are totally beyond your control and can only be contained; but you do have influence over many factors which affect your people and so it is your responsibility to ensure that your influence is a positive one.
You can only underestimate the impact which you personally have upon the habits and effectiveness of your group. As the leader of a team, you have the authority to sanction, encourage or restrict most aspects of their working day, and this places you in a position of power - and responsibility.
Classic work on motivation was undertaken by F. Herzberg in the 1950's when he formulated the "Motivation-Hygiene" theory. Herzberg identified several factors, such as salary levels, working conditions and company policy, which demotivated (by being poor) rather that motivated (by being good). For example, once a fair level of pay is established, money ceases to be a significant motivator for long term performance. Herzberg called these the "Hygiene" factors to apply the analogy that if the washrooms are kept clean, no one cares if they are scrubbed even harder. The point is that you can not enhance your team's performance through these Hygiene factors

Re: THIS IS WHY WE CAN BLAME DJ !!!

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:06 am

Nugent is exactly right.

What needs to be added is that Hertzberg recognised the real motivators are recognition, involvement, growth, ..and similar personal motivators. Each individual in any work team needs this from their manager and footballlers are no different to anyone else in this regard.
Coupled with this is the need for a manger to motivate his team to stretch towards 'common goals' ie work as a team, and to have plans and tactics that will be better than the competition.

This is the true core of good management, and an area where I believe our current team management ( and I include all the coaching team) appear to be somewhat lacking

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:23 am

Is'nt it possible to have one day free of anti DJ posts we have a massive game tomorrow and if we win we are right back in the mix as i have said previously i can't believe that with the prize at stake DJ is'nt doing everything possible to secure automatic promotion.

With regards to DJ's management only the end of the season will tell us wether it's ultimately been successful or not in the meantime let's all get 100% behind the team and the Manager :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:33 am

blueheaven wrote:Is'nt it possible to have one day free of anti DJ posts we have a massive game tomorrow and if we win we are right back in the mix as i have said previously i can't believe that with the prize at stake DJ is'nt doing everything possible to secure automatic promotion.

With regards to DJ's management only the end of the season will tell us wether it's ultimately been successful or not in the meantime let's all get 100% behind the team and the Manager :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its hard to get behind a manager who lacks all the main core abilities to manage a team! :|

But we as Cardiff City FC Fans, ALWAYS back the team and club (and manager to a degree!) We might not agree with something, or a decision or a process the manager inccurs upon the team, but we still turn up in our thousands and sing, chant and try to motivate the team in a positive way.

Its up to the players now to use what we fire at them and multiply the mental benefits and apply it into their football.

They should have tunnel vision now - with the gates to the premier league slightly ajar in the distance? Whether they want to walk through it, is down to them, I dont think anything we can do here on a forum is going to affect that!

:ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:45 am

blueheaven wrote:Is'nt it possible to have one day free of anti DJ posts we have a massive game tomorrow and if we win we are right back in the mix as i have said previously i can't believe that with the prize at stake DJ is'nt doing everything possible to secure automatic promotion.

What difference does an 'anti-DJ post' make? This is a discussion board and as far as I know it is not open to censorship from CCFC.

The fans who travel tomorrow will back the team 200% but that doesn't mean individually they haven't got misgivings about our totally inept manager and may want to debate them.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:10 am

i want a dj free day on here too. i just read it this am and thought id share it. cos the man has lost his way with the players and fans. i dont doubt the capabilities of the team. crikey, we have played some exceptional football this season, its just there is something clearly wrong there imo.
i can remember brian clough saying years ago, that in his opinion, that a player will slog his guts out for his manager, if its the right person.
alright, sometimes dj`s hands have been tied , i dont doubt that, but there can be no arguing that he has had the backing he wanted this year for a title push.
maybe he`s lost the dressing room,maybe not.
imo i wanted him gone the season we missed out on the playoffs by one goal.
some fans may look at us and think we`re crazy asking for him to be sacked. its just we love our club and need to vent years and years of frustration and heartbreak. cos by god, they have had the support off us, its what WE DESERVE, its now our time, we want repaying from years of hardearned cash being spent on OUR team.
we are all just fucked off cos we can see another season going tits up, and quite frankly we got every damned right to feel scared of another summer of hearing the plastics laughing at us.
we will have our time, no doubt. i can see us going up our local on the friday before man utd v cardiff, and waving your ticket in their face. saying to them " how can you still wear that f*cking shirt now CARDIFF CITY are there. you glory supporting spanner."
cmon DJ sort it out please. and that goes for the coaches, players and directors!

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:14 am

Merlin wrote:

Its hard to get behind a manager who lacks all the main core abilities to manage a team! :|

But we as Cardiff City FC Fans, ALWAYS back the team and club (and manager to a degree!) We might not agree with something, or a decision or a process the manager inccurs upon the team, but we still turn up in our thousands and sing, chant and try to motivate the team in a positive way.

Its up to the players now to use what we fire at them and multiply the mental benefits and apply it into their football.

They should have tunnel vision now - with the gates to the premier league slightly ajar in the distance? Whether they want to walk through it, is down to them, I dont think anything we can do here on a forum is going to affect that!

:ayatollah:

You must be in line for a award for the most sensible poster on this forum, just replied to another post of yours on the thread started by Carl regarding DJ's future if we lose tomorrow where you talk a lot of sense (Where's the Thumbs Up Smiley?) :D :D

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:34 am

nugent wrote:i want a dj free day on here too. i just read it this am and thought id share it. cos the man has lost his way with the players and fans. i dont doubt the capabilities of the team. crikey, we have played some exceptional football this season, its just there is something clearly wrong there imo.
i can remember brian clough saying years ago, that in his opinion, that a player will slog his guts out for his manager, if its the right person.
alright, sometimes dj`s hands have been tied , i dont doubt that, but there can be no arguing that he has had the backing he wanted this year for a title push.
maybe he`s lost the dressing room,maybe not.
imo i wanted him gone the season we missed out on the playoffs by one goal.
some fans may look at us and think we`re crazy asking for him to be sacked. its just we love our club and need to vent years and years of frustration and heartbreak. cos by god, they have had the support off us, its what WE DESERVE, its now our time, we want repaying from years of hardearned cash being spent on OUR team.
we are all just fucked off cos we can see another season going tits up, and quite frankly we got every damned right to feel scared of another summer of hearing the plastics laughing at us.
we will have our time, no doubt. i can see us going up our local on the friday before man utd v cardiff, and waving your ticket in their face. saying to them " how can you still wear that f*cking shirt now CARDIFF CITY are there. you glory supporting spanner." cmon DJ sort it out please. and that goes for the coaches, players and directors!

After 40 plus years supporting the city i long for that day too Mate and still believe it might be next season let's hope and pray it is :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:27 pm

One day Next Week, We Shall a Day when Dave Jones Name is Banned on here for 24hrs :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

One day Next Week, We Shall a Day when Dave Jones Name is Banned on here for 24hrs :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Let's have a day where the only topic allowed on the board is "Books about Cardiff City"

:lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis i look forward to that day Mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: