Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WHY BRITAIN ONCE AGAIN ? "

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:30 am

Even America sort of stayed out of it.

Why do Britain have to lead the way once again in a War in Libya, They will only eventually turn on us and its not Our War any way. I believe Britain should of stayed out of this one, just my opinion.

Re: " WHY BRITAIN ONCE AGAIN ? "

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:32 am

we had the brunt of it at ''LOCKERBIE'' :evil:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:34 am

Prob revenge for Ali al-Megrahi , the Lockerbie bomber and the way that muderer was treated as a hero in Libya ?

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:06 am

It will be another long drawn out process like Iraq and afghanistan.

I thought we had no money?

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:07 am

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:It will be another long drawn out process like Iraq and afghanistan.

I thought we had no money?

the MoD havnt :lol:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:12 am

We aren't starting a war, the UN agreed on a no fly zone and the UN Authorised air strikes only IF gaddaffi uses planes on his own people. Hardly afghanistan or iraq!
Personally i would stay way out of it completely but i can understand it

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:13 am

mmm,all to do with oil

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:15 am

langley wrote:mmm,all to do with oil

YOU SUMMED IT UP PERFECTLY

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:24 am

Britain are America's bitch. So probably the USA have said go in and we will follow, yes all to do with oil

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:35 am

Forever Blue wrote:Even America sort of stayed out of it.

Why do Britain have to lead the way once again in a War in Libya, They will only eventually turn on us and its not Our War any way. I believe Britain should of stayed out of this one, just my opinion.

i wonder if we had a uprising would the rest of the world help us? why are we always getting involved in other peoples business sort our own country out first

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:59 am

I think a lot of people in Britain still suffer from British Empire syndrome, we they think we have to be the world's policeman and poke our noses in other country's affairs, we are not a world power any more..

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:09 pm

We are like the worlds police. We may not be starting a war, but it could soon turn into one with ourselves and the Libya'ns

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:11 pm

BECAUSE WE ARE A WAR MONGERING NATION! .. ALWAYS HAVE BEEN, ALWAYS WILL! :(

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:23 pm

i woudnt bat an eyelid if we just flattened some of these countries..
f*cking nuisances

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:27 pm

canton blue wrote:We are like the worlds police. We may not be starting a war, but it could soon turn into one with ourselves and the Libya'ns

It will never develop into a war, it's a means to stop a possible Genocide and bring some Democracy!

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:29 pm

Pure and simple one thing only , Tax! more oil more Tax,money money money

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:34 pm

BluBluBluArmy wrote:
canton blue wrote:We are like the worlds police. We may not be starting a war, but it could soon turn into one with ourselves and the Libya'ns

It will never develop into a war, it's a means to stop a possible Genocide and bring some Democracy!

Then you'll have that madman Gadaffi taking revenge on our country. They said after the Iraqies invaded Kuwait we would help them out (kuwait} and that turned into a war. Afghanistan we are fighting their war, where does it stop.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:44 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:Britain are America's bitch. So probably the USA have said go in and we will follow, yes all to do with oil

Not true in this case. America weren't interested we pushed it. I think this will garner us a LOT of goodwill in the Middle East if I am honest. The fact it was voted through is good for Cameron who has led the way on this. True we probably haven't the resources to do the job we could had we a Squadron or two of Harriers he could deploy from a Carrier.

This will not be like Afghanistan or Iraq in any way, shape or form.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:05 pm

From Facebook

Rhys Vaughan
your not wrong annis! these politicians are power hungry!! shud just let them sort it out amongst themselves... just get the brits outa there and leave it at that!
15 minutes ago · Unlike · 1 person

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:07 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:

Correct Roy,

Britain does not intervene in the Massacre of the Palestinians or the Slaughter of the people in Zimbabwe etc

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:09 pm

wez 1927 wrote:

i wonder if we had a uprising would the rest of the world help us? why are we always getting involved in other peoples business sort our own country out first

In My opinion No they would not.

As soon a BRITISH PLANE IS SHOT DOWN, they we will have to send the troops in and then The Libyan people will declare war on us.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:19 pm

The British people will pay for getting involved in this......at the petrol pump

Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:22 pm

totally agree with ya, maybe the amount of oil libya has is an important factor in all this......imo no MP or Prime Minster should be allowed to send soldier's into a war zone unless they themselves have fought on the front line :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:

Correct Roy,

Britain does not intervene in the Massacre of the Palestinians or the Slaughter of the people in Zimbabwe etc

Thats cos theres no money in it for them mate, where ever there is oil and money to be made out of it , you will always see the so called, big power moves. Its nothing to do with the we want to save the people thing. Its all about whats in it for us The Goverment. I will say one thing for the Yanks, if one of there country men are being held,they will go in ater them as soon as then know where they are. This fking country will just leave you where, nothing in it for them.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:49 pm

welshdougie wrote:

totally agree with ya, maybe the amount of oil libya has is an important factor in all this......imo no MP or Prime Minster should be allowed to send soldier's into a war zone unless they themselves have fought on the front line :ayatollah:

I was only saying today, that our MP's should have a week on the Front line

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:57 pm

They only fight with pens only mate.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:00 pm

wez 1927 wrote:

Ca'nt wait for our uprising. Democracy, what a joke. You've got a choice of a tory government or a neo tory government.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:11 pm

Chances are Dave and his Tory/Eton bum chums see this as his Falklands.

Only this time, there's no aircraft carrier equipped with a squardon of Harriers, which would be brilliant in this situation parked just over the horizon ready to go if it kicked off.

Now we've just got a couple of unreliable and ageing Tornados and a handful of typhoons that can't attack ground targets, and a couple of planes with satellites in them.

We'll be sending in the air cadets in their Grob Tutors before you know it.

It's basically murder - or at least it would be if Gaddafi wasn't already bricking it, because the French, Belgian, Dutch and Norwigian air forces (all better equipped than ours I might add) are also sending fighters out there. So we're lucky it ISN'T just Britain really.

Still, all the very best to the lads who ARE being sent out there, no matter how wrong it may be they still keep on.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez 1927 wrote:

In My opinion No they would not.

As soon a BRITISH PLANE IS SHOT DOWN, they we will have to send the troops in and then The Libyan people will declare war on us.

Don`t worry Annis,they`re already there.
Don`t forget our handy little smokescreen 2 weeks ago. ;)

Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:38 pm

Seems strange how the cuts are forgotten about & expense not a problem when we play the good samaritans in someone elses backyard.Our priorities should be with the british public but instead we send our men to fight in someone else's arguement. How many hospital wings won't be built because we're skint?