Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone watching Rangers v PSV?

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:28 pm

What a game, Rangers got 25 mins to score two otherwise there out :(

Should have had a penalty just now for handball on the line.

Re: Anyone watching Rangers v PSV?

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:29 pm

What channel?

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:30 pm

How can all the officials have missed that? Rangers are all over them just now.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:32 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:What channel?

ITV 4

PtB wrote:How can all the officials have missed that? Rangers are all over them just now.

I know, aint that what the extra officials are for?

Billy Hunt. wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:What channel?

ITV 4

Assumed it was on espn.

cheers

f*cking joke, not spotting that :o

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:
PtB wrote:How can all the officials have missed that? Rangers are all over them just now.

I know, aint that what the extra officials are for?

To be fair to the guy behind the goal, it was on the wrong side of him, but the assistant and the ref between them surely would have seen it?

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:41 pm

was watching the highlights... ;)

happy St. Patrick's Day everyone... :D

p.s. to be fair, yes it was a clear penalty to Rangers...

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:43 pm

Hofmeister wrote:was watching the highlights... ;)

Just remember St. Patrick is a Bankie ;)

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:45 pm

Rangers' style of football makes Paulo Sousa's Swansea seem like an entertaining team.

Absolutely dreadful every time I've seen them. It's anti-football.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:46 pm

Roath_Bluebird wrote:Rangers' style of football makes Paulo Sousa's Swansea seem like an entertaining team.

Absolutely dreadful every time I've seen them. It's anti-football.

TO be fair to them, they changed the tactics at halftime(though they had to) and gave it a right good go. I didn't see the first leg, but on tonight's showing I wouldn't have grudged them the win. The lack of a goalscorer was evident.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:55 pm

PtB wrote:

I know, actually was watching Clydebank playing Celtic in the Scottish Cup Semifinal at Hampden...1990 that was...
and did a bit of groundhopping to Clydebank's ground a few years later. Before you were merged with Airdrieonians...

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:22 am

Hofmeister wrote:
PtB wrote:

I know, actually was watching Clydebank playing Celtic in the Scottish Cup Semifinal at Hampden...1990 that was...
and did a bit of groundhopping to Clydebank's ground a few years later. Before you were merged with Airdrieonians...

We never "merged" with anyone and Airdrieonians went bust :roll:

Sean Sweeney missed a sitter in that semi final - I honestly believe if he had scored we would have won. I also beleieve if we hadn't sold Owen Coyle just a few weeks before, we would have stood a much better chance. Not to worry!

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:12 am

Billy Hunt. wrote:What a game, Rangers got 25 mins to score two otherwise there out :(

Should have had a penalty just now for handball on the line.

shit i missed it. had to wash my hair. ;)
what was the final score?

Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:38 am

PtB wrote:
We never "merged" with anyone and Airdrieonians went bust :roll:

Sean Sweeney missed a sitter in that semi final - I honestly believe if he had scored we would have won. I also beleieve if we hadn't sold Owen Coyle just a few weeks before, we would have stood a much better chance. Not to worry!

were u at the game?

the story I heard was, that Airdrieonians went bust but merged/took over Clydebank's license to stay within the Scottish League system... what exactly did happen? thought Airdrie Utd is the combined Airdrieonians and Clydebank...?

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:47 am

Yeah I was there. Some of the Valleys boys were too, supporting the right team of course :lol:

Airdrieonians went bust. Somebody setup a new company called Airdrie United and applied for the Scottish League vacancy but Gretna(who have since went bust) won the vote. At this point we were in admin and the United Clydebank Supporters were in advanced talks to buy the club. We were approached by an AU rep over a "merger" which involved being called AU, playing in Airdrie, in Airdrie strips. You may see why it wasn't so appealing. After that they decided they would try to buy the club and relocate it, which they did. There was alot of lies and backstabbing went on that led to us being shafted. We were led up the garden path by the administrator who I believe was bunged. I was on the board of directors at the time and have never felt so let down by one mans actions. It was very similar to the Wimbledon situation and the two Football Leagues should be ashamed of themselves, hopefully AU and MKD go to the wall one day :)

Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:16 pm

Merged with Airdire, I was hoping you never saw that! :lol:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:18 pm

PtB wrote:Yeah I was there. Some of the Valleys boys were too, supporting the right team of course :lol:

Airdrieonians went bust. Somebody setup a new company called Airdrie United and applied for the Scottish League vacancy but Gretna(who have since went bust) won the vote. At this point we were in admin and the United Clydebank Supporters were in advanced talks to buy the club. We were approached by an AU rep over a "merger" which involved being called AU, playing in Airdrie, in Airdrie strips. You may see why it wasn't so appealing. After that they decided they would try to buy the club and relocate it, which they did. There was alot of lies and backstabbing went on that led to us being shafted. We were led up the garden path by the administrator who I believe was bunged. I was on the board of directors at the time and have never felt so let down by one mans actions. It was very similar to the Wimbledon situation and the two Football Leagues should be ashamed of themselves, hopefully AU and MKD go to the wall one day :)

thanks PtB... now I know why I hate Airdrie :twisted:
well, Rangers "B" Team anyhow...

was quiete impressed by the Clydebank support that day. was trying to buy a clydebank top a few years later, but no success, got myself a scarf, penannt and badge instead then...
been to a lot of the smaller scottish sides like East Stirlingshire, Brechin, Arbroath, Stenhousemuir, Cowdenbeath, Meadowbank...
my personal favourites became Coatbridge's finest, the mighty Albion Rovers... :D

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:17 am

Yeah, they always were a shower of cunts!!!!

Our merchandise was terrible to get hold of back then - improved when I got involved around 2000 :lol: We were disappointed with our support - the people of Clydebank are a strange bunch when it comes to the football, it's old firm dominated but they would turn out when we were playing the likes of St Mirren and Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup...... We had over 12,000 in the ground for a replay with Aberdeen when the capacity was 9950!!!!

Albion Rovers & Coatbridge - it's a different world!!!! I liked going to Arbroath & Brechin, trim grounds and a good day out on the bevvy!

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:42 am

bankies bankies run bankies bankies run bankies bankies run bankies run from forfar ;)

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:52 am

:lol: That's another cracking day out. Was still 60p a vodka and 10p a game of pool last time I was there :lol:

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:09 am

Fish, we should organise a forum trip to ibrox next season :D

Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:31 pm

PhatFrog wrote:Fish, we should organise a forum trip to ibrox next season :D

That is one i will miss out on. Why would we want to go there ? Do you all support Rangers or something ? What if we ever played Rangers who would you lot support ? :oops:

Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:57 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:Fish, we should organise a forum trip to ibrox next season :D

That is one i will miss out on. Why would we want to go there ? Do you all support Rangers or something ? What if we ever played Rangers who would you lot support ? :oops:

Cardiff will always be number one pal :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:40 am

PtB wrote::lol: That's another cracking day out. Was still 60p a vodka and 10p a game of pool last time I was there :lol:

In the 60s?

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:52 am

PtB wrote::lol: That's another cracking day out. Was still 60p a vodka and 10p a game of pool last time I was there :lol:

ive got to make a trip up there :P

Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:01 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:

In the 60s?

Last Tuesday!!!