Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I DON'T WANT IT TO BE TRUE "

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:58 pm

I truly do not want for Cardiff to lose, but that's the best thing for the club if DJ actually gets sacked.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:00 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
lewis91 wrote:i really dont think chris hughton would do a good job here...he was at newcastle for a long time and got to know the players inside out, i dont think he would last, on the other hand gus poyet would be great. when we win at millwall we will see if everyone changes their mind and gives their full backing to DJ until the end of the season.

In all fairness Lewis, Chris Hughton has proven that he can take a team out of the championship and hold his own in the premiership.

i can see where your coming from but their squad was by far the strongest in the league, we have a very good squad so do qpr so do leicester so do forest etc. but they had a solid starting 11 and bench for the whole season. their squad was probably worth double ours or even more. so i see where your coming from because he was the manager at the time and he took them up comfortably and in the premiership they were doing fairly well and i don't think he should have lost his job, but the team he had to work with was easily premiership standard. the sky sports pundits even said that the team they got promoted with should be able to get near enough mid table. but i do agree with your post :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Cardiffcityfc wrote:Intetesting few weeks if we lose dj goes will the new manager have time to work will the players try keep dj in a job or will they losenon purpose who will come in when will they come in how much would compo be if their in a job who would they want so many questions but if this is true it seems the faith in dj has gone interesting game saturday against a good team

I am Entitled to My Opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I never said you wasnt i was just stating the if and buts thats going to be in everyones mind on sat we will have to wait and see what the outcome is

Forever Blue wrote:I HOPE THIS IS TRUE

" PRAISE THE LORD " :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Then he can Concentrate on This

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39815 :lol: :ayatollah:

who would take over with only 9 games left, DJ knows all the players qualities and their weaknesses he chooses what HE thinks is the best way to play and its up the players to prove them

carlccfc wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Another point what is DJ doing on a Golf Course TODAY,IF HIS JOB IS ON THE LINE :roll:

Maybe he does not know people are talking like this Tony, even if he did I think DJ is probably the type not to change his style, whatever the situation.

yeah, i`ve noticed this in the last 5 years when we`ve been losing a game :lol:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:04 pm

i dont rate dave jones as a premiership or top half of the championship manager..
time for him to go now if gus poyet is lined up so plans can be made for next season :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:06 pm

If we lose on Saturday sacking Dave Jones would be the right thing to do IMO, people say it would wreck our season well losing on Saturday puts almost all hope of an auto place out of the window anyway so giving a new manager the chance to turn It around couldn't to any harm IMO.

If he was to get sacked though I'd say he has been a great servant to our club even though he may not of got us to the premier league, he still gave us that brilliant FA cup run that will never be forgotten, but the time would of been right for him to go

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:07 pm

Oooh things just got interesting! I feel quite good about this...there is hope after all - i was previously never a fan of DJ leaving but I've seen more than enough now thanks, i dont give a f**k what stage of the season we're at either - Terry or a new boss cant do any worse than our current form of DJs historical form in our run ins - time to be brave and move on...if we lose of course! :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:09 pm

carlccfc wrote:
lewis91 wrote:gus poyet is a good manager...but to lose DJ this late in the season could destroy our hopes of going up. think DJ needs to see the season out and then go from there

yes Lewis I agree and I WISH EVERYONE, not just the fans get behind DJ.

agreed :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:09 pm

jinks-rct wrote:i dont rate dave jones as a premiership or top half of the championship manager..
time for him to go now if gus poyet is lined up so plans can be made for next season :ayatollah:

and gus poyet? if thats the case a bigger team would of gone for him

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:19 pm

I hope, I want Jones to finish the season.

Just think though to sack Jones and get Poyet will prob cost the club close to 1m?
A massive gamble.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:21 pm

carlccfc wrote:But I have been told today that if Dave Jones loses to Millwall on Saturday then that could be his last game in charge.

I heard something similar last week but it was that if he lost the Barnsley and Millwall games then he would lose his job.

Both statements came from different sources, both came from sources who I would expect to know what they are talking about and both sources mentioned Gus Poyet as a possible replacement.

I don't want it to be true as I believe Dave Jones can take us up.

Don't shoot the messenger as they say but I have a sneaky feeling that many of you won't be particularly bothered, actually more pleased.

Why would people at the top allow this to be leaked ???

Maybe they want to give DJ, Burton and the team a massive kick up the arse, win or face the consequences could just be enough to get Bothroyd, Bellamy and co performing ??? :?:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:27 pm

dont think were gonna go up with dj.

play off final is our only chance

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:37 pm

I think 3 points is the most important thing here, if its true that they've lost faith why risk our chances further by giving him one more game?

If he goes, I wouldn't mind Gus Poyet.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:37 pm

I think DJ has blown our chances of promotion HOPE I am Wrong

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:45 pm

If we sack our Manager when we still have a chance of automatic promotion and a very good chance of at least reaching the Play Offs we will be the laughing stock of football :( Also a new manager is going to have to potentialy galvanise a squad of devastated players as we don't know how they will react to the sacking of Dave Jones. :?:

The bottom line is Dave Jones knows that this is his last shot at promotion to the Premiership (with us at least) and i can't believe that he's not doing everything possible to achieve that aim. My gut feeling is that we will get promoted this year but i am now starting to think that we might have to do it the hard way via the Play Offs. :roll:

So what i want on Saturday is 3 points not just to keep DJ in a job but to start us on a run that will take us to automatic promotion and i hope our Manager and Players will do everthing possible to achieve our dream :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:54 pm

He has to stay...for now...personally can't stand him and want him gone!

Thing is with Jones is his talent is getting good players to us....but then he doesn't know what to do with them! :lol: :lol:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:02 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:This would be brilliant!!!! I know Gus and he's a top man who would light up this club with his personality and style of football! I'll try and find put if he knows anything but doubt he will say if any approach has been made at this stage! Gus would unite us!!!

Bang on Jimbo hes a diamond of a man . Would change the whole ATTITUDE of the Club all over.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:38 pm

Now that the cat is put of the bag on this, whether it is true or not, I would expect the board to give a statement tomorrow giving their unanimous backing to Dj, if they don't then there must be something in it or they are fools to let the speculation continue! I would expect them to say that regardless of results DJ will remain as manager until at least the end of the season! If they allow this speculation to continue one way or the other then it could destabilise our promotion push! I just want us to go up, regardless of who is in charge! I personally am not a fan of DJ but how can he be expected to do his job when this speculation is going around and he's not getting any board room backing! Sack him or back him!!

Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:46 pm

:ayatollah: Please me true im begging for him to get sacked sick of everything about dj have been for years :)

Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:47 pm

quadsas wrote:I truly do not want for Cardiff to lose, but that's the best thing for the club if DJ actually gets sacked.

F..k me 9 games left 27 points ,Norwich have a tough set of games coming up.
and you want us to lose.
I've never ever ever ever wanted City to lose.
Believe me I've seen some bad managers aka ricihe morgan,alan durban .
the team need to get stuck in and win us some games.
people say the squad don't like dj well have the fuckers are on loan
and wont be here next season.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:58 pm

stickywicket wrote:
quadsas wrote:I truly do not want for Cardiff to lose, but that's the best thing for the club if DJ actually gets sacked.

and you want us to lose.

"people say the squad don't like dj well have the fuckers are on loan
and wont be here next season"
Or will dave jones eitherway :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:46 am

most important at this stage of the season is to get the 3 points-if there is a rift with dj & the team will they give it their all if his job depends on it? personally i think dj should be given to the end of the season and be judged then-he`s one of the longest serving managers in british football and the the team is HIS-...NO EXCUSES IF WE DONT SUCCEED.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:05 am

Can't see it myself....we'd be a laughing stock!! :oops:

And Gus Poyet coming in?? What for?? Unproven indeed at this (or any other) level....unless he brings Steve Clark and a bunch of his Chelski mates. Hey, maybe Dennis UnWise as Director of Football too, eh?? :lol:

We'd be off our trolley's to get rid at this stage of the season UNLESS Dave has REALLY lost the changing room....but I don't believe that, as I've watched some highlights of recent wins/goals scored and the players appear GENUINELY together when a goal is scored or a win achieved :ayatollah:

Hope your info (for once) is wrong Carl....although if we go out and beat Millwall it'll all be academic

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:10 am

stickywicket wrote:

and you want us to lose.

Hey, Richie Morgan a bad manager?? :roll:

Took us from obscurity to 9th in the table in one season (OUR HIGHEST CHAMPIONSHIP/OLD DIVISION ONE POSITION SINCE 'TOSHACHGATE' UNTIL DJ TURNED UP) only to be replaced by Alan Fecking-Durban, who took us back down the table again!!

Richie was Club Captain before that and (whilst only playing 80-odd games in the famous blue shirt) was a City stalwart through and through....

Not sure where he is now....but lived in Llantwit Fardre at the time

Please, if you're gonna cast aspersions, get it right!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:55 am

might aswell say season over if we sack dj now, as much as i want him out

a change of manager now wouldnt help at all, i hope im wrong

if anyone needs to come in its burton, someone who knows the players, poyet doesnt know the players, doesnt know how much this means to the fans and doesnt have much experiance, it wouldnt be fair to put so much presure on him overnight, id put burton in charge for rest of the season, then poyet our bosss in our first premier league season :) :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:43 am

I can see two sides of the coin on this issue, what i can't see is Gus Poyet replacing DJ,,, for a number of reasons, the first one being compensation.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:20 am

carlccfc wrote: even if he did I think DJ is probably the type not to change his style, whatever the situation.

His critics would say that is half the problem with him though - it's the same old, same old from Dave Jones and, after nearly six years at Cardiff, he has nothing new left to say or offer.

That said, I don't agree with getting rid of our manager now - for me, he should have gone after the Bristol City defeat on New Year's Day and, having been given the January transfer window to bring in the players he wanted, Dave Jones should see the season out (the time to make a change is as soon as it is 100% certain we can't go up this season).

Say we sacked Dave Jones tomorrow, we would have to bring in any new man very quickly to make the whole thing worthwhile and he would have something like four days to bring in any new players he might want (and even then we would have too many loan players to field them all in our match day squad). Surely it would be better keep Dave Jones in place for nine games (possibly more if we are in the Play Off's) and then make a more considered judgment - we still have a decent chance of going up.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:21 am

whoever eventually does come in then will they be on the same £800k a yr salary as DJ is on or will they get offered something more realistic ?? Personally I wouldnt sack him until its 100% impossible for promotion ....... then get a new man in quick and get set for another roller coaster promotion chase . For the sake of the team I support and for the 3pts on offer I hope DJ is manager come Monday :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:22 am

I'd rather us stick with DJ rather than Hughton

Big Sam for me