Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I DON'T WANT IT TO BE TRUE "

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:43 am

The fact is clear than if a club does not experience success at our level over a reasonable period of time, the management gets changed.

Why are CCFC any dfferent to other clubs at our level?

Some will say being consistently in top 6 of the Championship is success - CFC have not been lower than 6th al season.

But having had 4-5 stabs at promotoion now, and with all he wanted - training ground, depth of squad, etc etc, if he fails then he should go.

It is a question though of when. Now, when we next lose or end of season?

If we do lose tomorrow then alleluiah he may go, and someone else will have the chance to inspire these talented individuals to the play offs. The adage being that new person cannot do any worse than Jones.

If we win, then alleluiah we may go on a promotion winning run.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:30 pm

BluBluBluArmy wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:I like to reiterate if this is true then it just shows the football world what a pathetic small town club we are and would NEVER attract a top class manager, who the f**k are Gus Poyet & Chris Hughton. One lower league unproven manager & the other who took a Premiership team out of the Championship.

We are a Mickey Mouse club run by Mickey Mouse types

Who do you want then you depressing git? How about Mourinho? Or maybe Van Gaal? Hiddink? Pep Guardiola? Fergie?

Bore off will you, were an ambitious club and Poyet and Hughton are ambitious managers starting their trade.

What have they achieved at higher level..........?

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:12 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
davebb wrote:
carlccfc wrote:But I have been told today that if Dave Jones loses to Millwall on Saturday then that could be his last game in charge.

I heard something similar last week but it was that if he lost the Barnsley and Millwall games then he would lose his job.

Both statements came from different sources, both came from sources who I would expect to know what they are talking about and both sources mentioned Gus Poyet as a possible replacement.

I don't want it to be true as I believe Dave Jones can take us up.

Don't shoot the messenger as they say but I have a sneaky feeling that many of you won't be particularly bothered, actually more pleased.

I don't normally respond to your updates as I think I've been unfairly critical in the past but..

Adam, just look at DaveB's previous posts nearly all SNIPES AT MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM . :roll: :roll:

Well f*cking done Carl, if this doesn't cause unrest in the camp nothing will, and you call yourself a fan of DJ.

What a positive contribution.

Then again, all you ever do is snipe from the safety of your computer screen.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:13 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:I dont think Carl can win sometimes ............. like he says " dont shoot the messenger " and he is only passing gossip which is to be taken with a pinch of salt :ayatollah:

Correct Martyn and Carl is prob DJ's Biggest fan. He cant win :roll: :roll:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:14 pm

Danny Says wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I HOPE THIS IS TRUE

" :

I apologise in advance if this has been picked up on already, as I have not scrolled thru the 4 pages of replies but this suggests you'd be happy for us to lose.

I doubt you intended that as it would all but scupper our auto chances.

I know what you mean tho deep down, and I have been a consistent Jones out merchant since Hillsborough in 2009. Leaving McCormack on the bench when all we needed was one goal to get into the play offs. Madness playing for a 0-0.

Danny Read All my posts before you jump to any conclusion, I've even Bet on City to Beat Millwall.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39830 :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:24 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:What have they achieved at higher level..........?

What has Dave Jones achieved at a higher level?

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:26 pm

ifs it true i would take gus but i would rather wait till the end of season b4 we sack jones and replace him with a young manager like gus :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:28 pm

nerd wrote:

ZERO

More chance of DJ Winning the the Major at Golf 500/1 the Odds :lol:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:37 pm

if we do lose against Millwall and we sack DJ, i will completely lose all faith in this club and we definitely will not deserve to go up!!
our club would be a laughing stock for sacking a manager who has left the club within touching distance of promotion.... absolutely ridiculous if this is true !!!!!

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:55 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
BluBluBluArmy wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:I like to reiterate if this is true then it just shows the football world what a pathetic small town club we are and would NEVER attract a top class manager, who the f**k are Gus Poyet & Chris Hughton. One lower league unproven manager & the other who took a Premiership team out of the Championship.

We are a Mickey Mouse club run by Mickey Mouse types

Who do you want then you depressing git? How about Mourinho? Or maybe Van Gaal? Hiddink? Pep Guardiola? Fergie?

Bore off will you, were an ambitious club and Poyet and Hughton are ambitious managers starting their trade.

What have they achieved at higher level..........?

As much as the club has.....

Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:14 pm

Gus Poyet !!!! I would cream my Pants :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Please DJ out now Gus in :D :D :D

Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:00 pm

i wonder how much gus poyet is on now? No where near what we pay dj i bet. I reckon he will become a top manager in the near future and manage at the highest level. Would love to see him here but with so many good things happening at albeit bha i cant see why he would leave now or at the end of the season.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:23 pm

Wow! Considering you are such a reliable source of information I am stunned by this news.

I think it would be very harsh considering all the financial difficulties DJ has had to cope with and football suicide for CCFC.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:28 pm

recharding wrote:Wow! Considering you are such a reliable source of information I am stunned by this news.

I think it would be very harsh considering all the financial difficulties DJ has had to cope with and football suicide for CCFC.

football suicide? yeah we did that in 2007 season i believe after leading the table in nov, we also bottled it with 4 games to go and ended up 7th 2009, and scrambled to the playoff final last year only to be completely out fought by a team of players on no where near the same wages as our team of bottlers. plenty of suicide attempts as far as i can see....prozac nation ccfc seems pretty fuggin apt to me.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:32 pm

goats wrote:
recharding wrote:Wow! Considering you are such a reliable source of information I am stunned by this news.

football suicide? yeah we did that in 2007 season i believe after leading the table in nov, we also bottled it with 4 games to go and ended up 7th 2009, and scrambled to the playoff final last year only to be completely out fought by a team of players on no where near the same wages as our team of bottlers. plenty of suicide attempts as far as i can see....prozac nation ccfc seems pretty fuggin apt to me.

as far as im concerned allowing DJ to continue is football suicide and we will be the laughing stock of football when we bottle it yet again with the likes of Craig Bellamy in our team! All the DJ supporters, youve heard all of the evidence against him, lets actually hear some hardcore facts that suggest that he has what it takes to take us up other than he deserves the chance? I can think of plenty more deserving people who deserve the chance to take us up other than a man who belittles the fans and his staff at every turn!

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
cardiff blue wrote:

" PRAISE THE LORD " :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Then he can Concentrate on This

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39815 :lol: :ayatollah:

who would take over with only 9 games left, DJ knows all the players qualities and their weaknesses he chooses what HE thinks is the best way to play and its up the players to prove them

He knows so much thats why for the 6th year running he is f*cking up yet again.

i wouldn't really say its 6 years off f**k ups , as jones 1st season was to keep us in the championship after only just staying up under lennie, we finished mid table that year , when he had to rebuild the squad from scratch , so i would say 1st season successful

i think when we started flurting with the playoffs from then on he raised all our expections, i will agree that the year we missed out on playoffs by 1 goal was a catastrophe , and missing out last year , he hasn't failed this year yet its still achievable, personally i think we will go up hes improved our position every year.
I think that a problem this year has been that most sides see us as "the team to beat" this season so they all raise the game. DJ has to stay for me

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:39 pm

nerd wrote:

he kept southampton up when they were expted to go down ended up finishing mid table. d

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:40 pm

i wouldn't really say its 6 years off f**k ups , as jones 1st season was to keep us in the championship after only just staying up under lennie, we finished mid table that year , when he had to rebuild the squad from scratch , so i would say 1st season successful

i think when we started flurting with the playoffs from then on he raised all our expections, i will agree that the year we missed out on playoffs by 1 goal was a catastrophe , and missing out last year , he hasn't failed this year yet its still achievable, personally i think we will go up hes improved our position every year.
I think that a problem this year has been that most sides see us as "the team to beat" this season so they all raise the game. DJ has to stay for me[/quote]

We Were Top of the league for about 2 Months and then he went on one of his spineless runs.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:40 pm

The first few seasons he was fantastic. The rest well he has bottled every single time. This team full of supperstars and he hasn't got them playing to there FULL potential once :shock:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:44 pm

davebb wrote:
carlccfc wrote:But I have been told today that if Dave Jones loses to Millwall on Saturday then that could be his last game in charge.

I heard something similar last week but it was that if he lost the Barnsley and Millwall games then he would lose his job.

Both statements came from different sources, both came from sources who I would expect to know what they are talking about and both sources mentioned Gus Poyet as a possible replacement.

I don't want it to be true as I believe Dave Jones can take us up.

Don't shoot the messenger as they say but I have a sneaky feeling that many of you won't be particularly bothered, actually more pleased.

I don't normally respond to your updates as I think I've been unfairly critical in the past but...

Well f*cking done Carl, if this doesn't cause unrest in the camp nothing will, and you call yourself a fan of DJ.

Thank you Dave but maybe you would like to consider where this information is coming from and perhaps you would like to think that the unrest is caused by comments of officials within our club and I am not talking about the tea lady or the kit man ( but there again they dont give any info out anyway :lol: )

I am not the one who makes the decisions or in a position to suggest what decisions are made but you would be amazed how many who can make the decisions like to spout the latest goings on.

And yes I do call myself a DJ fan as I am a DJ fan and that is why the headline is what it is and if you care read my column in tomorrows Echo :roll:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:44 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:The first few seasons he was fantastic. The rest well he has bottled every single time. This team full of supperstars and he hasn't got them playing to there FULL potential once :shock:

I bet hes improved their game of golf though. :D

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:48 pm

for some reason i have this feeling that if we got a decent new manager all the other teams around us would sh*t themselves and we would make it up. They are all conspiring together saying stick with DJ etc as they know we will always fail at the final hurdle with him in charge thus giving them all a chance (call me paranoid yeah yeah) I do think he has done ok but the jump to get us up might be a step to far for him after all these years here...

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:51 pm

goats wrote:for some reason i have this feeling that if we got a decent new manager all the other teams around us would sh*t themselves and we would make it up. They are all conspiring together saying stick with DJ etc as they know we will always fail at the final hurdle with him in charge thus giving them all a chance (call me paranoid yeah yeah) I do think he has done ok but the jump to get us up might be a step to far for him after all these years here...

Goats, we would be above QPR with a Decent Manager, with this type of Squad.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Danny Says wrote:

" :

I apologise in advance if this has been picked up on already, as I have not scrolled thru the 4 pages of replies but this suggests you'd be happy for us to lose.

I doubt you intended that as it would all but scupper our auto chances.

I know what you mean tho deep down, and I have been a consistent Jones out merchant since Hillsborough in 2009. Leaving McCormack on the bench when all we needed was one goal to get into the play offs. Madness playing for a 0-0.

Danny Read All my posts before you jump to any conclusion, I've even Bet on City to Beat Millwall. At the drinking competition after the game. And who can spend the most at the Bookies. I think i might have a bet on that myself Annis :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39830 :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:02 pm

Dave jones possibly leaving Cardiff city right at the end of our season? Don't think it's a good idea

I THINK ITS GREAT TAXI FOR DAVE THE WRIST JONES PLEASE!

But seriously dave's time is up he took us as far as he could, as for timing well it's a gamble to keep him here so why not gamble agaisnt him.
Carl I'm guessing the boys upstairs would start talking to potential managers as soon as the game is over i'm assuming?

Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:52 pm

I Have had time to think about what Carl and others have posted on this thread,and not 1 post about why now :?:

I personaly think the main reason would be that whatever the result,THERE IS A 2 WEEK BREAK.

Time for changes to be made,weather a new manager,squad 1 keeper to go back if Heaton is fit.
For me what happens in the next 2 weeks,will be the biggest 2 weeks of the season,It starts tomorrow :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:03 pm

i want D.J out,but i feel this is the wrong time,christmas was my ideal time for him to go :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:09 pm

i for one think it will be a mistake at least wait til the end of season! and if they do i say forget gus poyet and go for roberto di matteo!!!!!

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:20 pm

nerd wrote:

f**k all really nerd, I think and hope that DJ will be gone regardless what happens at the end of the season. Just saying that those 2 are no better than what we have, if the club has a dream of premiership football then we need a pedigree manager of that calibre.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:47 pm

What with losing the spine of his team now in Jay & Hudson, he'll have the perfect excuse to talk his way out of it if we lose.