Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I DON'T WANT IT TO BE TRUE "

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:18 pm

But I have been told today that if Dave Jones loses to Millwall on Saturday then that could be his last game in charge.

I heard something similar last week but it was that if he lost the Barnsley and Millwall games then he would lose his job.

Both statements came from different sources, both came from sources who I would expect to know what they are talking about and both sources mentioned Gus Poyet as a possible replacement.

I don't want it to be true as I believe Dave Jones can take us up.

Don't shoot the messenger as they say but I have a sneaky feeling that many of you won't be particularly bothered, actually more pleased.

Re: " I DON'T WANT IT TO BE TRUE "

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:20 pm

I HOPE THIS IS TRUE

" PRAISE THE LORD " :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Then he can Concentrate on This

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39815 :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:20 pm

gus poyet is a good manager...but to lose DJ this late in the season could destroy our hopes of going up. think DJ needs to see the season out and then go from there

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:21 pm

carlccfc wrote:But I have been told today that if Dave Jones loses to Millwall on Saturday then that could be his last game in charge.

I heard something similar last week but it was that if he lost the Barnsley and Millwall games then he would lose his job.

Both statements came from different sources, both came from sources who I would expect to know what they are talking about and both sources mentioned Gus Poyet as a possible replacement.

Don't shoot the messenger as they say but I have a sneaky feeling that many of you won't be particularly bothered, actually more pleased.

I'm back on the fence Carl. However i would like him to still be in a job on sunday if what you say is true-i.e we will have beaten millwall and our dream will still be on.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:21 pm

Pressure on the team to win then.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:22 pm

lewis91 wrote:gus poyet is a good manager...but to lose DJ this late in the season could destroy our hopes of going up. think DJ needs to see the season out and then go from there

yes Lewis I agree and I WISH EVERYONE, not just the fans get behind DJ.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:22 pm

I want Jones out but it would be counter productive to bring in someone new at this stage.I would rather see the backroom staff and the players doing it for themselves with us fans totally behind them.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:23 pm

lewis91 wrote:gus poyet is a good manager...but to lose DJ this late in the season could destroy our hopes of going up. think DJ needs to see the season out and then go from there

I don't like DJ (I used to) but surely he has to see the season out? :shock: :?: :shock: :?: :shock:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:23 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:I want Jones out but it would be counter productive to bring in someone new at this stage.I would rather see the backroom staff and the players doing it for themselves with us fans totally behind them.

I WOULDN'T !

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:24 pm

carlccfc wrote:

DJ does have himself to blame with regards the media-so many petty fallings out. DJ and wales media should be using each other. DJ should be positive about all things CCF inc fans whilst the media should be backing our promotion campaign.

Uncle Fester wrote:

I don't like DJ (I used to) but surely he has to see the season out? :shock: :?: :shock: :?: :shock:

Yes Steve and maybe the powers that be need to know.

Gus Poyet = the manager of top of the table Brighton :?:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I HOPE THIS IS TRUE

" PRAISE THE LORD " :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol:

i dont want us to lose any game never have never will, but if we do lose saturday this news will soften the blow a bit,but i really dont see the point unless a new manager will get us going on the pitch ready for the play offs,because thats where we are going

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

DJ does have himself to blame with regards the media-so many petty fallings out. DJ and wales media should be using each other. DJ should be positive about all things CCF inc fans whilst the media should be backing our promotion campaign.

It's not only the media Gareth !

carlccfc wrote:

So, if the team know this and the team don't like DJ.....? :( :( :(

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:26 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Gus Poyet = the manager of top of the table Brighton :?:

Hmm

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:27 pm

Carl, i really dont want this to happen as i believe also that DJ will guide us to the premiership

butt .. i heard on here, i think from annis, that 2 british board memebers want chris houghton as cardiff manager

any truth in this?

carlccfc wrote:[quote="Gareth (WiltsIt's not only the media Gareth !

I forgot to add authors to the list ;-)

carlccfc wrote:But I have been told today that if Dave Jones loses to Millwall on Saturday then that could be his last game in charge.

I find it odd if true that owners base such an important game on 90 mins of football ???

We play brilliant but have bad luck and end up with a new manager who may or may not be better ???

We play shit and score through luck and we end up with the old manager who may or may not be better ???

WTF we may as well toss a coin, either they rate him or the don't ???

Either way it's one hell of a gamble with £95 Million at stake ???

If he goes would they give Poyet a chance of emergency loans ??? :roll:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:28 pm

It will be interesting to see how the players react to this news. Will they show the passion and will to win, to keep DJ in a Job?

Forever Blue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Gus Poyet = the manager of top of the table Brighton :?:

Hmm

top cat, there are alot more experienced managers avaliable at the moment

houghtonm, allerdyce, even sean driscoll of doncaster

gus poyet has proven himself over a few years now, which ever team he is at they play good attacking football which is what we need but only a few games left and to sack DJ now would be suicide. they may prove me wrong but i can't see poyet making a huge impact in a few games when this is a crucial time of the season.
im not a huge DJ fan but we have to see it through to the end :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:29 pm

To add to my post,Brighton are to get a new ground aswell :?:

Also how much compo' would we have to give to both parties :?:

glammy74 wrote:Carl, i really dont want this to happen as i believe also that DJ will guide us to the premiership

butt .. i heard on here, i think from annis, that 2 british board memebers want chris houghton as cardiff manager

any truth in this?

one of the sources mentioned to me Chris Hughton and Gus Poyet.

think it would be a big risk letting dj go this late in the season, even though he is frustrating to watch & listen to, i hope to god we beat millwall saturday!!

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:33 pm

I hope DJ goes, not before the end of the season but that all depends if he takes us up, Cannot really get sacked if we get promoted.

I just think hes done well for us in the past, but some of his decisions are questionable, Jacks home, maybe Play off Final, keeping with Naylor for so long, not getting in a centre half, I could go on. I think hes taken us as far as he can and I think a change in manage can be beneficial to us

Frustrates me sometimes he doesnt seem to show any bottle on the touchline.

I'm not a person whos going to slag him, boo etc, but think maybe his time is up.

Hope we dont lose Sat so he wont get sacked, is it any point sacking him at this stage of the season unless a new manager comes in and the players commit 200% to impress, problem is Bothroyd, Burke out of contract so they dont need to impress not to say they wont though :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:34 pm

According to my sources:
After a successful first season where Poyet guided Brighton away from the relegation zone and rebuilt the squad, Poyet and his assistant Taricco were rewarded with a four year contract extension much to the delight of the club and its fanbase.
I doubt it'll be Gus.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:34 pm

This would be brilliant!!!! I know Gus and he's a top man who would light up this club with his personality and style of football! I'll try and find put if he knows anything but doubt he will say if any approach has been made at this stage! Gus would unite us!!!

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:35 pm

i think 3pts are more important than getting rid of dj at this stage of the season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: