Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I HAVE JUST BEEN TOLD WE WILL NOT BE GETTING "

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:44 pm

An emergency loan Striker in, I hope I am wrong, But apparently the Malaysians feel they have backed DJ enough for THIS SEASON and I agree with them.

I might be wrong, but its what I am hearing.

Re: " I HAVE JUST BEEN TOLD WE WILL NOT BE GETTING "

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:An emergency loan Striker in, I hope I am wrong, But apparently the Malaysians feel they have backed DJ enough for THIS SEASON and I agree with them.

I agree with them aswell they must be thinking no point giving this clown any more money as we know he won't take us up.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:50 pm

dave jones has brought in enough players

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:51 pm

I was hoping they would get Keogh back :lol:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:52 pm

He has been backed enough, but I do think with us in touching distance, they should look at it. It's not as if Chopra was just a back up squad player. :(

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:56 pm

cometh the hour cometh the man

Jason K its your time :old:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Can't fault the malaysians, they've backed jones to the hilt this year! What other manager has been allowed to bring in so many players at this level? Sad thing is, if we don't go up you can guarantee jones will use this as an excuse

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:03 pm

I was wondering when their patience would run out. I think they're absolutely right

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:06 pm

What do u think have changed in few weeks,as keron dyer and Barry bannan have said they turned us down recently,so we must have offered them a deal,you would think the money we offered them could go on a striker instead.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:09 pm

He's getting like a teenager playing Championship Manager on his Pc

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:11 pm

ngriffiths wrote:What do u think have changed in few weeks,as keron dyer and Barry bannan have said they turned us down recently,so we must have offered them a deal,you would think the money we offered them could go on a striker instead.

Yeah, why they turned us down is a good question, too. Is something going on we don't know about?

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:14 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
ngriffiths wrote:What do u think have changed in few weeks,as keron dyer and Barry bannan have said they turned us down recently,so we must have offered them a deal,you would think the money we offered them could go on a striker instead.

Yeah, why they turned us down is a good question, too. Is something going on we don't know about?

Whatever it is, its the fans fault.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:15 pm

Bellamy, Jay up front is hardly a disastrous front pairing, add the beast and Jet to that, we still have options.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:17 pm

stickywicket wrote:cometh the hour cometh the man

koumas in a 5 man midfield. :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:27 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Bellamy, Jay up front is hardly a disastrous front pairing, add the beast and Jet to that, we still have options.

exactly we should be fine, whether we will be is another question :(

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:29 pm

can you imagine dj walking into tans office with cap under his arm and hands in pockets saying....please sir can i have some more :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:42 pm

we dont need one,
we have the 2 jays, parkin, bellamy, burke, whitts, should be enough fire power.
3 pts saturday and we are on our way

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:44 pm

when chops went off at doncaster, we played bothroyd upfront on his own and we blew them apart! ... nows the time for bothroyd to step up to the mark! ... id like to see bothroyd upfront! bellamy on the wing, whitts, oli and mcphail in midfield with burke on the other wing and lets see what they do! ... jet to me blows hot and cold and we can do without that at this stage of the season!

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:44 pm

boxerbob wrote:

Thats what I think, got to be worth a shot, just needs a run of games not 10 minute sub appearances.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:50 pm

GarethBrad wrote:
boxerbob wrote:

Thats what I think, got to be worth a shot, just needs a run of games not 10 minute sub appearances.

Koumas is sort of in no mans land at the moment because with both loan keepers, Olofinjana, JET and Bellamy in the match day squad well thats the 5 allowable loan signings.

I agree with the Malaysians DJ has been supported enough now it's time for him to earn his money and do his job. Simple really :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:03 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

Whatever it is, its the fans fault.

I think you have a point, if I wasnt a City fan I wouldnt want to come here to get abuse.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:An emergency loan Striker in, I hope I am wrong, But apparently the Malaysians feel they have backed DJ enough for THIS SEASON and I agree with them.

Yep I think its a fair what they have said , sad but fair. They have give what DJ has ask them for as far as we know anyway.
I guess they think he( DJ )should have give something back and I must say I agree with them. But untill we know its not possibly to get to the Prem we must all give what we can ,as we do every match and thats our 100% support.All is not yet gone maybe , Just maybe we can make it. :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:22 pm

Danny Says wrote:I was hoping they would get Keogh back :lol:

ill have what you've been smoking please :lol:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:51 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Bellamy, Jay up front is hardly a disastrous front pairing, add the beast and Jet to that, we still have options.

on paper maybe :(

Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:07 pm

Bad move back all the way until the business end of the season and then say no thats enough ????

Sounds like they are cutting off their nose to spite their face.

If we could get a top quality striker, how much is it going to cost for 2 months ????

IF we can get a Kevin Phillips or someone like that short term to bang in the goals that could get us a £95Mill suprise why would they not take the final throw of the dice ???

Madness if you ask me.............

Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:19 pm

I dont think we will get striker but got a feeling a center midfielder could be coming in

Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:20 pm

I think they are right on not bringing in any more loan strikers. If we can't go up with what we've got then there is something radically wrong.. Some fans say DJ has worked wonders with what he's had but i totally disagree, any fans old enough to remember the Scoular era will remember him having to play the same players week in week out, no moaning, no blaming the fans, training facilities & everyone else. If we can't make it with what we've got then we simply don't deseve it, i've personally had enough of us bringing in chancers hoping that this will finally be the right one. If DJ can't get us up with what he's already got, he's in the wrong job.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:45 pm

I would love Koumas to come good again, his horse Won this week :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:48 pm

Actually when you think about it, DJ thought he could manage without Chops half the time, he would either drop him for a few games or play him out of position some of the time.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:55 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 428978.stm

You can see why I'm confused, can't you?