Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " What gives us the right... "

Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:52 pm

Reason why im pissed off and think we should have more points is down to the fact that poor manager not being able to change tactics when its clear to see we need to change.

I feel City have a good enough team to challenege for the top 2 but, our manager... Cant seem to change tactics, he just hopes things works out, yet everyone in the crowd can see we need change!

Most common problem is 2nd half when our mid gets over run..

Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:55 pm

We have no devine right, but our expectations have been raised by the signings that were made.

We already had the basis of a champtionship winning team even before Bellamy was signed, with him automatic promotion should've been guaranteed, indeed was it not DJ who said "no excuses...".

of course I agree that there are no guarantees, but honestly with the squad we had at the start of the season we should be well clear at the top.

Whether the manager can't motivate the players, or the players are just lazy, not bothered about promotion as long as they get they pay check, and let's be honest, how many of them believe they'll be shunted off if we go up anyway, who knows.

All I do know, is that once they cross the white line, there's only so much DJ can do.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:00 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:What gives us the right to feel that we should be 10 points clear at the top of the league, as I've heard/seen so many people say this season?

How long will it be before people realise that this is football, and nobody has a divine right to anything in this game, ever?

How can people justify such arrogance in the face of overwhelming evidence from over a century of the beautiful game in all it's glory which proves that nobody has an automatic right to anything in football?

sadly spot on Dave,

Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:26 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:What gives us the right to feel that we should be 10 points clear at the top of the league, as I've heard/seen so many people say this season?

How long will it be before people realise that this is football, and nobody has a divine right to anything in this game, ever?

How can people justify such arrogance in the face of overwhelming evidence from over a century of the beautiful game in all it's glory which proves that nobody has an automatic right to anything in football?

DaveSheffield you are totally correct that there is no divine right in football but there is opinion.

Football is not an exact science but IN MY OPINION if you stack the odds enough in your favour then you can make achieving success more likely. DJ has a £16m wage budget and players of incredible talent at his disposal when compared to other Championship teams.

Therefore the expectation at this club has to be a lot higher but unfortunately the ineptitude of Dave Jones is weighing heavily against our chances of success.

Bad management probably accounts for a large percentage of the under achievement you mention by clubs over the past century and a bit; because it certainly can't all be down to bad luck.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:42 am

Interesting Dave, See you at Sheffield Utd Away :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Interesting Dave, See you at Sheffield Utd Away :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'll be there and up at Donny on the Saturday before it :ayatollah: