Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

eric abidal has cancer.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:26 pm

cancer in his liver . Sad news.

Re: eric abidal has cancer.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:28 pm

No sadder than anyone else getting it, sorry if this sounds wrong. But cancer is cancer, doesn't make it worse just cos he is a footballer. Naturally I hope he pulls through.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:28 pm

Never good to hear and so young!

Hope his op on friday is successful

:ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:29 pm

Lets all do the ayatollah and wish him well

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:30 pm

Get well soon Eric

:ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:32 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:No sadder than anyone else getting it, sorry if this sounds wrong. But cancer is cancer, doesn't make it worse just cos he is a footballer. Naturally I hope he pulls through.

Fishy yeah that does sound wrong! :o

I think the post is just making us aware that another young person has been struck with cancer and obviously in this forum football players are more of an impact as they are well known............

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:36 pm

I didn't say it was worse. I just said it was sad. Makes you think thou dnt it young and fit bloke like that.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:44 pm

Dreadful disease, hope he gets better :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:36 pm

Very sad, horrible disease for anyone to have :cry:

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:07 am

Billy Hunt. wrote:No sadder than anyone else getting it, sorry if this sounds wrong. But cancer is cancer, doesn't make it worse just cos he is a footballer. Naturally I hope he pulls through.

i think i know what you meant. it was similer to the jade goody situation, i had my step dad dying of lukemia at the same time. it hard to write what i mean, but i think people understand.

anyway whatever proffesion and stance in life, its a horrendous disease. and i wish him all the best and speedy recovery. :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:41 am

Hey, you're right on one thing and one thing only....it ISN'T any sadder than anyone else getting cancer (unless that person is a loved one close to you)

BUT you are BANG OUT OF ORDER for writing what you did. It may be ONLY YOUR OPINION (as this is mine) but you would have been far far better (and a bigger person IMO) if you'd just said nothing....

ANYONE suffering from cancer deserves ALL the support they can muster from any direction and ANYONE who ridicules or belittles their suffering is either (or maybe both) heartless or pig ignorant....

Trust me, I speak from experience, having recently lost my mum to a long battle with the disease. It wasn't pretty and it left a big hole in a lot of peoples lives, including mine....

If it taught me ONE thing, it was to have empathy with ANYONE (family and friends included) who is touched by this horrendous disease....

Shame on you, matey....shame on you!!!!

My personal best wishes to ANYONE suffering at this time

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:06 am

lets hope he gets well soon! :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:33 am

Sven Ghali wrote:

Hey, you're right on one thing and one thing only....it ISN'T any sadder than anyone else getting cancer (unless that person is a loved one close to you)

BUT you are BANG OUT OF ORDER for writing what you did. It may be ONLY YOUR OPINION (as this is mine) but you would have been far far better (and a bigger person IMO) if you'd just said nothing....

ANYONE suffering from cancer deserves ALL the support they can muster from any direction and ANYONE who ridicules or belittles their suffering is either (or maybe both) heartless or pig ignorant....

Trust me, I speak from experience, having recently lost my mum to a long battle with the disease. It wasn't pretty and it left a big hole in a lot of peoples lives, including mine....

If it taught me ONE thing, it was to have empathy with ANYONE (family and friends included) who is touched by this horrendous disease....

I dont think I'm out of order? Being out of order would be saying I hope he doesn't pull through, but I wrote I hope he does :?

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:38 am

I realise I may have upset people, just want to say sorry, but I did say I want him to pull through, like anyone else with the disease :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:39 am

Billy Hunt. wrote:
Sven Ghali wrote:

I dont think I'm out of order? Being out of order would be saying I hope he doesn't pull through, but I wrote I hope he does :?

Sven Ghali's point was that there was just no need to make the comment you did.

He's got cancer, most people would, and are, reacting in the same way they would upon hearing that anyone has to endure it. But you chose to comment on the fact that he's a footballer and neither I nor Sven understand why you did it.

Anyway, we digress, the fact is it's horrible to hear and I genuinely hope that he pulls through it. Bonne chance Eric.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:02 pm

Also Brian Robson
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/12759530.stm

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:45 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:I realise I may have upset people, just want to say sorry, but I did say I want him to pull through, like anyone else with the disease :ayatollah:

I dont think you need to apologise . My mother has leukemia and I didnt take offence to your post. fully understand where your coming from with it. Sadly cancer strikes everyone rich , poor, parents, footballers, there is no discrepancy. As previous posters have said who disagreed with your comment its all about opinion but for me personally I know where your coming from and I dont have an issue with it.