Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Burnley were lucky to draw

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:07 pm

Possession - Burnley 45% - 55% Coventry

On target - Burnley 6 - 12 Coventry

Off target - Burnley 2 - 7 Coventry

Corners - Burnley 3- 7 Coventry

Alot of teams top 8 teams are not winning or making a recent run of games if you have noticed ..

Why is that?

Are they bottling it?
Or is this league just so unpredictable?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Burnley were lucky to draw

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:13 pm

My belief is the Championship this season is the weakest its ever been :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:48 pm

In the betting world - it was called the most open for years,with any 1 of 5 clubs fav at the start.

How well QPR have done,and the gap they have,has surprised me,but they are there for a reason.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:07 am

blue nile wrote:My belief is the Championship this season is the weakest its ever been :ayatollah:

Totally agree.

Usually the 3 teams coming dowm from the premier are the favouriites to go up. This season has been different with 2 of them, Portsmouth and Hull having to release their best players. However I thought Burnley would be up there as they were not in the same boat as the other 2. However they made the mistake of taking on Brian Laws and therefore struggled. They got rid of him and brought in Eddie Howe who seemed to turn things around. When they played us at CCS we were the lucky ones ot come away with a draw. So I thought after that game Burnley were going to make a charge for the play off and possible an auto place. There last 2 games have been surprising, losing 3-0 at home to Millwall and drawing against Coventry. Perhaps Burnely are not as good as I thought they were coming. Just shows how bad we are even more then.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:40 pm

blue nile wrote:My belief is the Championship this season is the weakest its ever been :ayatollah:

It will be just the same next year. The teams likely to come down (Wigan, Blackpool & Wolves) aren't any better than what is here at the moment.

If anything the Championship is getting stronger as no-one can break away this year as there are a lot more decent teams.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:12 pm

they maybe lucy to draw,but they took there chances,something sadly we seem unable to do,but maybe we can change this :ayatollah: