Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: STICKY : " TUESDAY 15th MARCH 2011 UPDATE "

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:17 pm

Very disappointing about chopra, my farther is a taxi driver down Cardiff and often sees chopra in the bookies down the bay. Don't think jones got his message across very well because he's seen him down there numerous times this week including today :(

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:17 pm

I'm afraid I've missed something, why's the talk about dave jones bein in breach of contract?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:20 pm

Nice one Carl ,nice also to hear Bellers had a go at them, like I said bellers is the only one and about 2 others that has that must win win about them.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:21 pm

If you need any volunteers to help collect money for the Young Guns then let me know Carlos.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:35 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Woody CCFC wrote:what about jones and his breech of contract? :ayatollah:

There is talk of a way out for the of Dave Jones contract and there is a belief that there could be a breach of contract.

My guess would be talking to other teams.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:36 pm

If anyone at the club should be sacked for breach of contract it should be whoever it is who keeps supplying Carl with all of this inside information.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:37 pm

Absolutely disgusting behavior by chops if true. WTF is going on down at the CCS , no leadership? . I am rapidly falling out of love with the beautiful game. Seems to me that spending our hard earned money down the city is a complete waste of time and effort. Spoilt brat footballers make me sick. Spend your money and precious time on the ones that really matter in life, your family...

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:43 pm

It is draining as a fan to sit and watch the demise of another seasons chances

makes it worse with the on/off field antics of "professional football players" being reported

Ive said it before and i stick to PRP with these players - play shit get docked!

DJ looks like he has eve less soul/heart for input into the team ( if thats possible!!!)

Carl cheers for the update :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:43 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:Thanks for the update but the lack of action regarding Jones shows that the Malaysians are as gutless as our manager.

Come on. You don't make their sort of money by being gutless! I would say they already have a new manager lined up but they can't sack dave with 9 games to go, they are pushing for everyone to unite and that would go against what they are trying to promote at the moment :ayatollah:

Dave jones has had his time, you'll see!

"stand up if you love city"
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:45 pm

Stokesy wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:Thanks for the update but the lack of action regarding Jones shows that the Malaysians are as gutless as our manager.

Come on. You don't make their sort of money by being gutless! I would say they already have a new manager lined up but they can't sack dave with 9 games to go, they are pushing for everyone to unite and that would go against what they are trying to promote at the moment :ayatollah:

Dave jones has had his time, you'll see!

"stand up if you love city"

Gus Poyet has been lined up.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:46 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:If anyone at the club should be sacked for breach of contract it should be whoever it is who keeps supplying Carl with all of this inside information.

Well it would mean prob half a dozen people .

Great Update Carl. The fans have a right to be UPDATED on THEIR CLUB :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:46 pm

Get Chris Hughton in !!!!!!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:51 pm

im not bothered about the gambling.footballers have got more money than sense.
late night piss ups before games thats something esle.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:53 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:If anyone at the club should be sacked for breach of contract it should be whoever it is who keeps supplying Carl with all of this inside information.

Evening Dave.

Actually you can't be Dave Jones as your name is "Citysince1964"

Dave Jones has never been City.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:01 pm

davids wrote:

Evening Dave.

Actually you can't be Dave Jones as your name is "Citysince1964"

Dave Jones has never been City.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:09 pm

I'm not at all surprised about the Chopra news. A friend of mine (who knows him) has told me some awful stories about his after hours antics.
Dont know about anyone elses opinions, but I think Jay Bothroyd needs the biggest kick up the arse at the moment. Dont get me wrong, I think he's one of the most talented players in this division, but all that talent is wasted if he only gives us about 20% effort. Come on Jay, the world is your oyster, but you have to work for it. If things dont go your way at the start, its not good enough to have a strop and sulk for the rest of the game. Chase things down, make runs into spaces, show some willing and it will be appreciated.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:15 pm

brooksyboyblue wrote:I'm not at all surprised about the Chopra news. A friend of mine (who knows him) has told me some awful stories about his after hours antics.
Dont know about anyone elses opinions, but I think Jay Bothroyd needs the biggest kick up the arse at the moment. Dont get me wrong, I think he's one of the most talented players in this division, but all that talent is wasted if he only gives us about 20% effort. Come on Jay, the world is your oyster, but you have to work for it. If things dont go your way at the start, its not good enough to have a strop and sulk for the rest of the game. Chase things down, make runs into spaces, show some willing and it will be appreciated.

The team seem to have lost their passion, the fire in the belly! Gutted to say that though at this stage of the season :(

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:19 pm

Do I remember reading that these updates are sent to "TG" first for him to approve before they are posted? Or did I imagine that?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:30 pm

a
Bluebird64 wrote:Thanks for the update but the lack of action regarding Jones shows that the Malaysians are either as gutless as our manager or are being poorly advised.

i thought sam was advising them?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:35 pm

Could someone please enlighten us less informed fans why and when dave jones breached his contract??? :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:53 am

cheers carl.
firstly glad to hear that all fans behaviour at palace was impecable :angel13:
chops behaviour not quite so angelic.
as for mr jones, naughty boy..... ;)

WE WILL get a positive result at millwall, and the good times will roll, otherwise it could be an intresting 2 week international break :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:16 am

VERY enlightening update, Carl....thanks as ever :ayatollah:

Disappointed as anyone to see another 'role model' (Chopra) letting the side down. Doesn't matter what his excuse was, or how he was at kick-off, he still left himself open for criticism and accusations of not caring (which I personally doubt, as he is as desperate as anyone to get out of this league). Let's put it down to bad judgement....this time only, eh??

Not bothered that Naylor has fallen out with DJ, although I appreciate your thoughts on his (Naylor's) frustration at being left out of the side. Should have happened earlier IMO and (hopefully) it'll mean he departs in the summer to pastures new....

Recker Ridsdale (yes, I know it's spelt with a 'W' before the literates start....but it fits better :lol: ) off to Oldham?? Another team doomed....which gave me a thought:

ANY CHANCE WE CAN GET HIM A PLACE ON THE QPR BOARD???? They'd never go up....!!!! :lol: :lol:

Also, great news that the Malaysians are looking at our long-term strategy. Sort of gives confidence, even in these nervous weeks prior to the end of the season

Thanks again, Carl

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:24 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:So the club has admitted that the "event junkie" fan, who might buy a bit more on a match day, is far more important to them than the loyal fan who puts their hard earned money up front before the season starts.

No it hasn't.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:01 am

Great and imformative update as ever Carl , thanks . Maybe Bellamy needs to start showing his leadership on the pitch too and Hudson at the back needs to be organization the back 4 and keeper . Chopra is self destructing his career at CCFC's expense and if DJ stays on in the summer then Im afraid he needs to get rid of him ........ even on a freebie !! :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:41 am

DaveSheffield wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:So the club has admitted that the "event junkie" fan, who might buy a bit more on a match day, is far more important to them than the loyal fan who puts their hard earned money up front before the season starts.

No it hasn't.

Quite.

If we went down the route of only having "loyal" fans, we'd be non-League and skint.

Fans who turn up for a few games may well turn out regularly. They also provide additional income over and above that received from "loyal" fans.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:46 am

nerd wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:

No it hasn't.

Quite.

If we went down the route of only having "loyal" fans, we'd be non-League and skint.

Fans who turn up for a few games may well turn out regularly. They also provide additional income over and above that received from "loyal" fans.

Too right nerd, let's be fair, we've spent the best part of the last 20-30 years with only Loyal Fans, and where have we been for the very vast majority of that time?

It's a fact of life that some people can't afford to turn up to every game, and some people just like to turn up to the games they want. There's nothing anyone can do about that but I'll be fucked if I'm about to turn down their money.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:57 am

Have to agree on this one, the more fans who come to the stadium the better, i welcome them with open arms! If we are ever going to be a big club we need to attract as many people as possible and encourage them to sing and chant as loudly as they can. If we dont want to attract new fans and get higher attendances then we may as well pack up shop now! At the same time I think the club has to pull its finger out and ensure that the loyal fan isnt alienated and perhaps they should be offered more rewards (I appreciate that you do get 10% discount for being an ambassador). If we can attract new fans and keep the old loyal fans happy and well looked after that we can really push on!

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:22 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:So the club has admitted that the "event junkie" fan, who might buy a bit more on a match day, is far more important to them than the loyal fan who puts their hard earned money up front before the season starts. The fans who also travel away (no financial benefit to the club, I know, but alas).

The club better watch out, or it could start alienating this loyal fans, without which there would not be a club in the first place.

Disgraceful.

Good update Carl.

I thought the money from the food and drink went to pmg

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:40 am

TH63 wrote:a
Bluebird64 wrote:Thanks for the update but the lack of action regarding Jones shows that the Malaysians are either as gutless as our manager or are being poorly advised.

He may very well be advising them but are they taking any notice?

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:42 am

TH63 wrote:a

He may very well be advising them but are they taking any notice?