Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" TUESDAY 15th MARCH 2011 UPDATE "

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:39 pm

The meeting in Malaysia that was reported on here last week came up with a few ideas that will result in us seeing the club promoted better in the future, I learned over the weekend that the current offer to sell off this season's shirts at knock down prices is because the Malaysians wish to have our new shirt available to buy in the club shop as early as the last home game of this season and maximise sales over the summer months, a huge step forward for Cardiff City. Previous chairman have failed to get new shirts out in such time and this must be congratulated.

There will be cutbacks at the club over the summer and staff members will lose certain perks and privileges they currently receive, the Malaysians are desperate to get the club on the right level to make a successful business.

TG is hurting along with many of us at our recent run of results, the Malaysians are successful businessmen and they do like or tolerate failure and TG has expressed his disappointment at the results.

Scott Young and Steve Ellis visited Malaysia too and they were there to advise on setting up an academy in Malaysia.

I know that many fans become annoyed at the type of ' new fans ' we are attracting through the gates of CCS but the club are looking to embrace these new fans as for the club to grow we need to have a bigger fan base and also I know from a commercial point of view the club believe that those fans who turn up every few games are seen as potentially a customer who could buy more on a match day than a regular at the club. Mike Young, Gethin and TG are working closely to maximise sales from all areas.

After Sunday's draw to Barnsley Dave Jones kept the whole squad in the dressing room for over an hour and it was not just Dave Jones doing all the talking, Dave Jones was certainly not a happy man going into the dressing room and he made his thoughts quite clear but it was the voice of Craig Bellamy that was left ringing in everyone's ears. I am told that Craig told the rest of the squad that everyone has to raise the game for the remaining fixtures if we are to achieve our target.

Olofinjana is returning to Nigeria to visit his family for 3 weeks at the end of this season and through his agent is aware of interest from a number of clubs, I have it on very good authority that Oli would love to stay at City but there is much talking to be done and he will use the time abroad to consider his future.

As most will know Tom Heaton is on course to return to action for the game against Derby but David Marshall is out for the season.

Michael Chopra is hopeful he will return sooner than the current date put out in the local media and is hopeful that it will be 4 weeks at the very worse.

Disappointingly, I learned on Sunday evening after that Michael Chopra had a very late Saturday evening or early Sunday morning shall we say, I am told that Chopra was in Hereford on Saturday evening at 11.30pm picking up some friends to take back to his place for a party, I am the first to agree that people need privacy but the picture painted to me was not having a few friends around for a quiet evening but more of a party that went on to the early hours. I am sorry but I am sick of these players who think they can do whatever they want and when they want and the night before a game is literally taking the mick.

Only last week our manager was telling us that for the next 10 games our players will eat, sleep and breathe football, unfortunately Dave it would seem that not all the players share the same view !

I am told that all staff and players have been told that they must not let out any information ( quite funny as I write an update ) on twitter or facebook or even to any of their friends or family members or they could face disciplinary action. This was said to me whilst being told that there has been a fallout between DJ and Lee Naylor, to be honest my view is that if I was a player who had played for the majority of the season and does not figure at all any more I would speak my mind too, no matter what other people's opinions of me are.

Tomorrow Craig Bellamy has a press conference at 1pm before he then is up in front of the FAW at 3pm facing the charges for his part in the tunnel fracas against Reading.

Peter Ridsdale is on the move again and this time he hopes to become involved in Oldham Athletic, Ridsdale spent the whole of last week at the club in various meetings with the board of directors and the Chairman.

Former City player Robbie Fowler could be making a dramatic return to British Football, I understand that an interview has been lined up for Fowler at Bristol Rovers. Could be worth a punt ;) Robbie Fowler turned down an offer from Barnet of £2500k per week paid personally by the Chairman only a fortnight or so ago.

The FAW requested that they could use Cardiff City's computer system for dealing with the ticket applications for the Wales V England game, I am told that the request was knocked back. For those of you who have bought tickets and had the money taken from their banks but have yet to receive your tickets I would strongly advise that you contact the FAW asap as it really is a shambles down there.

They have been inundated with complaints, there is talk amongst staff down there that there could be up to 2000 tickets available but until they sort out the mess they still really don't know how many have actually been sold.

I can tell you about one incident, local clubs received tickets to sell through their clubs and they would receive 25% commission on any sales, Newport County paid for 1000 tickets by cheque and the FAW banked the cheque before then requesting the tickets back because of the shambles that has taken place down there. Newport have received an apology but it has left them very disappointed by the whole affair, as well as other clubs who have suffered similar stories.

South Wales Police have sent out letters to 3500 England supporters who are currently on banning orders with their clubs and have advised those fans they are not welcome in the City Centre for the game.

The initiative that is being run and contributed to by this forum, YOUNG GUNS, raised another £130 on the forum bus to Crystal Palace, a big thank you to all who contributed. On the day of the QPR game there will be a bucket collection in and around the stadium organised by the Chairman Gwyn Davies and we hope that many will contribute to this cause and help us achieve our aims.

Next season will see a zero tolerance on standing in the all parts of the ground except the Canton stand, I am told that a risk assessment has been carried out on the Canton stand and a blind eye will be turned to all standing in there, so as much as you will be told that standing will not be tolerated in the Ninian stand it will work the opposite way in the Canton stand and if you wish to sit in there then you must be prepared that others will be standing around you.

There were 250 Barnsley at the game on Sunday and the extra police that were seen in the away end were no charge to Cardiff City.

1800 tickets including comps have been sold for Millwall so far. The club expect in the region of 28-30 to be travelling to Millwall on Saturday. Darren Purse returns after suspension for the game on Saturday.

For those travelling by car to Millwall on Saturday I have been asked to advise you not to park in or around the stadium and to be on your guard as it can be dangerous for those travelling that way, do not show your colours.

There were 2 arrests made at the Liberty stadium earlier this year but i am pleased to say that there was no damage caused whatsoever.

At Hull there was also 2 arrests, one for drunk entry and one for common assault, the latter also received a banning order.

Crystal Palace away had no issues at all and the travelling fans were commended for their behaviour and support.

Re: STICKY : " TUESDAY 15th MARCH 2011 UPDATE "

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:44 pm

great update :ayatollah: dissapointed about chopra though

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:45 pm

On the subject of cutbacks I was thinking last night that our wage bill could be dramatically lower next year with all the loan players going back and big earners like Jay, Burke and Rae leaving.

Be interesting to see what the budget will be -as we all know its well over what it should be now, and i expect season tickets to be a good few thousand down.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:46 pm

Chopra is one of my favourites but going on the lash before a big game is akin to us fans going out and getting pissed before a work appraisal/job interview. What a bloody idiot. :evil:

Great news that Purse is back for the Wall. :lol:

what about jones and his breech of contract? :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:47 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Chopra is one of my favourites but going on the lash before a big game is akin to us fans going out and getting pissed before a work appraisal/job interview. What a bloody idiot. :evil:

love chopra, shows a lot of passion and effort every game but dissapointed about what hes done...on the other hand...good to hear about bellamy speaking his mind in the dressing room

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:49 pm

Cardiff fans who are on banning orders have received letters from the south wales police for the England game and from the Met for the Millwall game

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:49 pm

Good update :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But its bellamy thats needs the kick up the backside as much as jones :?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:51 pm

Thanks for the update but the lack of action regarding Jones shows that the Malaysians are as gutless as our manager.

Gutted if the rumours about Chopra's behaviour are true but strange given how he's one of the only players whose form I haven't been concerned with! Frustrating as anything.

Anyway, great update Carl and thanks for that. Greatly appreciated. :ayatollah:

Thanks for the update but the lack of action regarding Jones shows that the Malaysians are either as gutless as our manager or are being poorly advised.
Last edited by Bluebird64 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

cheers carols :ayatollah:

Thanks Carl! I've known of chopras misdemeanors for a while now hence my lack of support for him on here! He is a disgrace to this club and should never kick a ball for us again! Some of tjebtjings I've seen this bloke do the night before a game are disgusting!

Thanks Carl, Much appreciated the information that you give us.
The news re Chopra is unaccepatable, He is supposed to be an athlete although we can all see clearly he is not this season.
That is probably why he is picking up knocks all the time.
His attitude is that of a parks player who goes out and gets smashed night before a game and uses the game to run off his hangover.
There seems to be quite a drinking culture at our club and seems to have been for years, Yet Mr Jones has done nothing about it.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:55 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:what about jones and his breech of contract? :ayatollah:

There is talk of a way out for the of Dave Jones contract and there is a belief that there could be a breach of contract.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:56 pm

Thanks Carl. As for chops, as disappointed as i am in him, i think he is just part of a larger drinking & gambling culture that seems to be tolerated at City, & at worst, swept under the table.

carlccfc wrote:result in us seeing the club promoted better in the future

Ironic really.......it's not going to happen, this year at least! :(

Carl, you seem to ave mixed your words in the first sentence - it should have read, 'meeting took place in Malaysia and the club had better get promoted in the future' :lol:

Good update as usual fella, if that true about Chops then he should be fined and suspended without pay end of. I believe Bellamy is the only person who can gee this lot up

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:57 pm

when everyone at the club takes this part of the season very serious and it means alot to so many people...hearing about chopra getting wasted the night before shows how much he doesnt care about promotion. i just hope he remembers how hurt everyone was last year

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:58 pm

Chopra should be fined heavily.
As for DJ if hes on a yearly rolling contract,surely hes given one years notice at the start of every season/

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:58 pm

good update carl.Did wonder about a possible new kit sponsor to go with the new kit. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:01 pm

what breach of contract ? is this old news ?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:01 pm

If jay had behaved like chopra some on here would want to lynch him! Chopra needs to be put into rehab and see a dietician for his own good! It's well known that his physique and diet are atrocious for a footballer

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:02 pm

Thanks for the update Carl :ayatollah:

Bad news on Chops's attitude.I would say that being up half the night and on the booze is a big factor in him pulling a hamstring. as his muscles were more probably tired and dehydrated.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:02 pm

please oh please, may the dressing room rant get to the players head!! this could be the turning point (ive said it before) in our season!!

a academy in malaysia sounds good, personally id prefer brazil or spain :lol:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:03 pm

So the club has admitted that the "event junkie" fan, who might buy a bit more on a match day, is far more important to them than the loyal fan who puts their hard earned money up front before the season starts. The fans who also travel away (no financial benefit to the club, I know, but alas).

The club better watch out, or it could start alienating this loyal fans, without which there would not be a club in the first place.

Disgraceful.

Good update Carl.

Great to hear about bellamy talking about every player upping their game.

As for Chopra, a real threat on the pitch, absolute knob off it. Will never change. Frustrates me as he never made a real impact in the Prem but if we go up we will give him possibly his last shot at the big time.

Yet he bounces round the pitch like he's world class. Wake up Chops you are a championship player at the most but help us to help you ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

great update carl. stunned by chops behaviour the night before a game is anybody in control of our players

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:13 pm

I wonder if thats the reason for the rift between Jay and chops