Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DO YOU THINK JONES WILL BE SACKED SAT.....

Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:59 pm

IF WE LOSE TO MILLWALL?

I have been a dj fan having seen him improve our league position every season bar 1 since he been here and you cant argue with progress!

But i have finally lost patience with him after the last 3 games and come to the conclusion that he doesn't have the balls to see us over the finishing line into the promised land of the premier league, but will the malaysians have the balls to sack him if we lose again Saturday and lose more ground on qpr and norwich.

I see people on here saying in the debate today that its to late to sack jones now, i dont believe it is we will have the new man in charge (preferably burton because somebody new to the players would make it worse) for 2 weeks before our next game cos of the international break before the final big effort and fresh ideas for the final 8 games, what have we got to lose cos no way is jones going to take us up, lets take the gamble on burton and go for it!

I believe it wont be to late cos if you cast your minds back to the 2001/02 season we were in a similar position with us spending massive amounts on transfer fees and wages compared to the rest of the division which is league 1 now and the pressure being massive on us going up much the same as it is today, in the middle of feb 2002 we got hammered 4-0 up at wigan and alan cork finally got sacked after underachieving for most of the season giving the squad we had.

When cork left we were in 11th place on 50 points with 13 games left 5 points off the playoffs and 14 points off 2nd auto spot, we then appointed lennie lawrence as manager who i believe had been at the club for a few months has director of football or something.

The run we went on then was unbelievable we picked up 33 points out of those last 13 games winning 10 and drawing 3 with the squad finally showing its potential it was capable of and blitzing anything that got in its way, anyway we finished on 83 points comfortably in the playoffs and only 1 point off automatic promotion, what a turnaround that was and i believe something similar could happen this season if we act now before its to late because it will be if its not done before we come back after the internationals, for those saying its to late anyway here's some facts.

Lawrence only knew the players a couple of months before taking control, burton has known them from the time they all arrived here, he has been here before all of them!

If you are saying he will only have 8 games to turn it around its only 1 month and 5 games less than lennie had and here are some stats from his first 8 games and then the final 8 games of that season, his first 8 were won 6 drew 2 a total of 20 points out of 24 which would give us 82 points and if repeated this year which i believe would be enough for auto with everyone else playing each other up the top and taking points off each other(there will be a record low for 2nd spot this year with it being so tight) the final 8 games of that season was even better than his first 8, we picked up 7 wins and 1 draw 22 points out of a possible 24 which would give us 84 this season if repeated and would guarantee automatic promotion!

What i am trying to say its not too late to change our season around and get rid of dj if we lose to millwall and put burton in charge for the remaining games and let this brilliant squad we have now to show its full potential just like it did this time 9 years ago and storm the rest of the season, i just hope the malaysians have done their homework on our history of the last 10 years and have the balls to take the gamble just like sam did in 2002 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: DO YOU THINK JONES WILL BE SACKED SAT.....

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:05 pm

no he wont be sacked

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:09 pm

No they won't get rid of him now

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:11 pm

No, whatever happens he'll stay. Whether that's the right decision .....

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:26 pm

Will Forest sack their manager ???

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:27 pm

YES I DO ;)

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:29 pm

no, why ? we will still be top 6,

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:41 pm

langley wrote:no, why ? we will still be top 6,

Yes we will still be top 6 but will we still be come may with him in charge with his record of bottling it which we have seen signs of the last 3 games? I cant see it we will finsh 7th/8th if this carrys on!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:44 pm

to me a lot depend on Jay, if he gets it into his mind to actually play and hel the team we will be ok, can still see automatic, but if he doesnt then maybe DJ should leave him behind in Cardiff on Saturday,
now is the time for everyone to stick together, we would be laughing stock off the football league if we sacked DJ now, people would say' what do they expect ? top 6 Championship club and sack their manager

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:01 pm

HOPE SO :|

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:50 pm

No! Hes here untill the end of the season.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:25 pm

Lennie Lawrence was sacked because of a no confidence vote of season ticket holders.
The club rang around[in the pre season] asking why fans were not renewing their season tickets ?The answer came back get rid of Lennie.
That’s how we ended up with DJ.
What goes around comes around
:D

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:25 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:23 pm

langley wrote:no, why ? we will still be top 6,

Doesnt matter what position we are in!!! It will be 1pt from 12 if we lose, going into the last 8 games and fighting for a play off spot then! Would you take that kind of form into those games....

The players had better have a plan up their sleeves for Saturday, because if we do lose I think there might be a shock in store for some of you......

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:18 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:HOPE SO :|

So do I.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:26 pm

and me

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:37 pm

Irrelevant as we will win 1-3
Bellamy 2
Jay
Beast to get sent off :o

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:39 pm

2blue2handle
Awesome positivity, that kind of talk will get us up.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:51 am

Nope!! (And still here NEXT season regardless IMO)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:28 am

Merlin wrote:Doesnt matter what position we are in!!!

That is THE single most important thing at this stage of the season.

One of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen put down in writing, anywhere, ever, and I've read a couple of pages of the Bible.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:37 am

If we are serious about going up, then yes he should go!

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:42 am

NIBluebird wrote:Will Forest sack their manager ???

Does Davies have a record of routinely slumping whilst having one of the best squads in the division?

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:58 am

If there was no faith in Jonesy then the time to get rid would have been prior to the January transfer window as then we were having a real bad run.But now we have to see the season out and what will be will be. If we are promoted will Jones keep his job?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:22 am

nerd wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:Will Forest sack their manager ???

Does Davies have a record of routinely slumping whilst having one of the best squads in the division?

Forest do have a good squad and right now DJ is doing a better job than Davies, the table does not lie. Since they beat us Forest have been on a terrible run. Would we really want Davies instead of Jones? Not sure we would to be honest, you only have to read the Forest message boards to see how disliked he is.