Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sunday v Barnsley

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:14 am

Had a great day on Sunday. Met a few faces in the Ninian before taing the little fella along to the ground to get ready.

Not sure who was more excited out of me and Daniel to be honest and when I got there I met Jonathan and his lad Adam who felt the same as me!!!! We were looked after by Matt Holland who was great with the boys as were all his colleagues who passed through. Onto the dressing room where the boys met all the players, and everyone of them were smashing. They all chatted away for a few minutes each and got pictures taken and signed autographs and were a pleasure to deal with. The mood in the dressing room was relaxed and everyone was up for it.

We went along to meet DJ and his team and they were great, we then met Tom Heaton and David Marshall who had a bit of time to spend with the boys and chatted about the injuries. Daniel was glad as Marsh is one of his favourites - think he wants to be akeeper when he grows up as he wanted to walk out with the keeper too!!

After that the boys went to get ready and went out for their warm up which they seemed to enjoy. I certainly did from the side of the park ad there were no sign of nerves from them(or the players!) as the place started to fill up. They got a great reception as they did their lap of honour though Daniel looked knackered halfway round. Not sure if he was signalling for a sub or a stretcher as Matt went back to help him on his way. I was pissing myself by this point, though I was feeling incredibly proud too at the reception they both got.

After that they went up the tunnel to meet the players and Bywater was great with him as they came out. At this point my camera decided to chuck it and I lost the good pic I had just taken :( After the coin toss, Daniel decided to have a little conversation with Bellers, telling him we should have shot into the Grange end first.....

We all know how the game went so I'll skip that!

Afterwards we had a quick drink in the Ninian before heading to the Ivor Davies where we met former City players Phil Dwyer and Jimmy McInch. These guys were terrific, and Jimmy being a Scot could at least understand us! Jimmy's mate, whose name escapes me, just happened to have parents from wither side of Clydebank so that made for good discusson. Phil and Daniel proceeded to have a 30 minute dummy fighting session at the bar and I have to say that he and Jimmy were both top blokes.

The result aside, it was a fantastic day and weekend and I now plan ahead for my next game which should be PNE on Easter Monday :ayatollah:

Re: Sunday v Barnsley

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:31 am

Ive met Jimmy Mc Inch in Dempseys Bar ....... he's there for most Celtic games . Nice bloke and nice to see ex players still living in Cardiff too .

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:33 am

Yeah, he was a top bloke. Quite funny as well.

My mrs likes Celtic so we left them to talk shite to each other on that front :lol:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:54 am

PtB wrote:Yeah, he was a top bloke. Quite funny as well.

My mrs likes Celtic so we left them to talk shite to each other on that front :lol:

She likes what?! :evil: :evil: :lol:

Good seeing you again :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:40 pm

GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD DAY MATE :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:43 pm

milly44 wrote:GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD DAY MATE :ayatollah:

Cheers mate - sorry I didn't get chance to chat, too much going on with all the famly being there and having to get the wee fella prepared!

Will post some pics tomorrow :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:03 pm

Cool I like Celtic also, sounds like a great day . :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:25 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:Cool I like Celtic also, sounds like a great day . :ayatollah:

We've all got problems mate, some greater than others :lol:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:18 pm

PtB wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:Cool I like Celtic also, sounds like a great day . :ayatollah:

We've all got problems mate, some greater than others :lol:

:lol:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:50 pm

no problems , Like Celtic am Welsh, what more could anyone want . :ayatollah: :lol:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:52 pm

No there is one problem , Im a Cardiff City & Wolves Fan :lol:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:52 pm

Glad you and your boy had a great day. Matt and his team do a great job even if i havent received the photos yet.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Glad you and your boy had a great day. Matt and his team do a great job even if i havent received the photos yet.

....Iwas just wondering to myself when the photos might appear!!!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:14 pm

Paul, Having your child/children as Mascots is one the best things that Cardiff City do for the fans, I am really chuffed you all had a Great Day and made the long journey worth while. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:30 pm

PtB wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Glad you and your boy had a great day. Matt and his team do a great job even if i havent received the photos yet.

....Iwas just wondering to myself when the photos might appear!!!

I need to get in touch with Matt as i think he has forgotten. I took some good ones and flung them onto facebook.