Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Starting to feel bad

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:37 pm

i belive people will agree that i'm usually very positive on here but i'm starting to feel like its another fish thats got away for us this season, however you look at it even if we do go up auto or through playoffs this season has been a failure in my opinion.
We all have opinions on whos to blame for this and i believe the blame isn't entirely down to the manager, although ultimately its the manager that wioll lose his job which i now firmly belive DJ will at the end of the season, there isn't much point of getting rid now need to let it pan out, either way promotion or not i think he has to go, i am a great fan of dave jones belive he is done a good job here under financial constraints, ie having to constantly disassemble a team he builds year on year through player sales. Granted he has had a good wage budget but constantly selling players every year and your best players is difficult for any manager and in fairness hes done a good job up til now. this year we have a strong team however looking at it currently there still isn't much on the bench and theres not a lot he can do with about that cos we have had to rely on loan quotas just to field a decent 1st 11, and some of those have been disappointing, and then with no option to send back causes us issues.
looking back at his reign some managers would have struggled to keep us in this division first two seasons he took over but he wheeled and dealed and kept us there, he has improved position every year to date but i think he will go backwards this year, a great FA cup run for fans who may never see it again but for us he'll always be a nearly man by the looks....
deep down i think he is passionate but his exterior doesn't show it, perhaps he should have changed this approach but having read his book and his torrid affair years ago i think he doesn;t like to show his emotions, sad really as if he'd built a better rappor with the fans some of his other failings may not show up as much!!

Re: Starting to feel bad

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:02 am

You are right about the rappor with fans, to be honest that's why i dislike DJ so much, i would forgive poor results, bad tactics etc, if DJ was more fan friendly :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:05 am

good post, I agree with it all :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:07 am

i agree that Jones did a great job to stabilize the club when he first came here and his first season with us was arguably his best, based on the circumstances. Yet our team this year is virtually the same as last year, he only lost Ledley last summer, and he has added another 10 players to that! On top of that he has had a state of the art training facility, new stadium and has been allowed to assemble a massive group of staff. No other manager in city history has had this backing, if we dont go up this year then Jones has squandered the best opportunity we have ever had!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:49 am

smakerzthebluebird wrote:i belive people will agree that i'm usually very positive on here but i'm starting to feel like its another fish thats got away for us this season, however you look at it even if we do go up auto or through playoffs this season has been a failure in my opinion.
We all have opinions on whos to blame for this and i believe the blame isn't entirely down to the manager, although ultimately its the manager that wioll lose his job which i now firmly belive DJ will at the end of the season, there isn't much point of getting rid now need to let it pan out, either way promotion or not i think he has to go, i am a great fan of dave jones belive he is done a good job here under financial constraints, ie having to constantly disassemble a team he builds year on year through player sales. Granted he has had a good wage budget but constantly selling players every year and your best players is difficult for any manager and in fairness hes done a good job up til now. this year we have a strong team however looking at it currently there still isn't much on the bench and theres not a lot he can do with about that cos we have had to rely on loan quotas just to field a decent 1st 11, and some of those have been disappointing, and then with no option to send back causes us issues.
looking back at his reign some managers would have struggled to keep us in this division first two seasons he took over but he wheeled and dealed and kept us there, he has improved position every year to date but i think he will go backwards this year, a great FA cup run for fans who may never see it again but for us he'll always be a nearly man by the looks....
deep down i think he is passionate but his exterior doesn't show it, perhaps he should have changed this approach but having read his book and his torrid affair years ago i think he doesn;t like to show his emotions, sad really as if he'd built a better rappor with the fans some of his other failings may not show up as much!!

he did he good job but he will struggle to take us further.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:52 am

and where are the goals going to come from and can we keep enough clean sheets between now and May ??

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:55 am

Great post :!: