Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Starting Fresh

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:25 pm

I have for the past few weeks witnessed a massive change to this website and the attitude and thoughts of some of the fans.

The amount of negative thoughts and quite stupid posts are making us a mockery of both the championship and to our selves.

Before you all start I have been a season ticket holder for 11 years and would rather 3000 at home to Rochdale than the recent trash we have at home games. Why can't we support what we have, get behind the team, yes the last few games have been poor, but the jacks have mirrored our form in the past 3 games, yet you don't see them calling for Brendans head. It really has to stop and stop now, the moderators of this site have a role to play also, people have there right to say what they feel but leave some of it off this site as others fans from other teams must think what a bunch of wankers we are.

Nine games to go, if we finish in the play offs, then so be it, I have yet again bought my season tickets for next year, I'm sure if we don't go up I can bet you that 1000s will turn there back on this club, let's get behind them and get the CCS rocking because on Sunday it was like a bloody wake.

I'm sure if we were at NP it may have been different but we would not have had the financial clout we have been having.

Come on city fans, we are much better and much bigger than this..

Re: Starting Fresh

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:35 pm

''the jacks have mirrored our form in the past 3 games, yet you don't see them calling for Brendans head''

Why do people keep looking at our rivals as an example of how we should behave? Swansea weren't expected to challenge for promotion, their budget is tiny and their players ability wise aren't near our players, which is reflected in the wages our club pay. Same with Norwich, Leeds, Forest. If any of these teams had invested as much in wages as we have, and have a manager on the same as ours, then their fans would be well within their rights to call for heads, but alas they are not. 2 promoted teams, a team that gets barely any financial backing, and a small town from west wales.

Do you expect us to just sit with our heads in the sand and pretend that everything is rosey in the garden of Jones?

Also, I should point out referring to peoples posts as stupid is very very rude. Add that to the fact that a lot of them are factually accurate and correct.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Caerdyd 78 Can you elaborate on "stupid posts"be more spedific like :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:42 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:''the jacks have mirrored our form in the past 3 games, yet you don't see them calling for Brendans head''

Why do people keep looking at our rivals as an example of how we should behave? Swansea weren't expected to challenge for promotion, their budget is tiny and their players ability wise aren't near our players, which is reflected in the wages our club pay. Same with Norwich, Leeds, Forest.

Do you expect us to just sit with our heads in the sand and pretend that everything is rosey in the garden of Jones?

Also, I should point out referring to peoples posts as stupid is very very rude. Add that to the fact that a lot of them are factually accurate and correct.

We were not promotional favourites at the start, it's only thanks to VT and dato that we are actually watching city.

I am not looking at our rivals, to be honest with you like most true Cardiff fans will be quite envious on how the club is run, the style of football and quite frankly the way in which other fans perceive there club.

But you keep forgetting, yes the manage has made mistakes, yes he is not the most passionate or motivated individuals, but we also have a squad of players whom are under performing,

It's not rude to have an opinion about other peoples posts, quite frankly how you think it's rude bearing in mind some of the posts are just stupid... Let me ask you a question, do you think any other club in England would sack there manager with nine games to go bearing in mind we are 4 points off automatic place to gain promotion to the premiership, I think it's absurd to even think a change in manage now would be a positive thing.

Rude...get a grip.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:52 pm

So you don't agree with what people are saying, even though a lot of these posts are quite rational, and they're therefore stupid? That is rude. You don't agree with something, fair enough. It doesn't mean it is stupid, just that they have a different viewpoint. How would you like it if people called your post stupid just because it is your view, not theirs.

Evertyhing else you've said has been addressed before in 239393 other threads on here, all backed up with facts and/or evidence.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:59 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:So you don't agree with what people are saying, even though a lot of these posts are quite rational, and they're therefore stupid? That is rude. You don't agree with something, fair enough. It doesn't mean it is stupid, just that they have a different viewpoint. How would you like it if people called your post stupid just because it is your view, not theirs.

Evertyhing else you've said has been addressed before in 239393 other threads on here, all backed up with facts and/or evidence.

You didn't answer my question?

I do have an opinion and I'm sure I'm not on my own when I say some are 'stupid' quite frankly some are. if you agree with everything on here what's the point? Again I will state it's not rude, didn't swear or abuse anyone, just quite frankly feel that people say stupid things at stupid times.... I don't see Man City fans calling for Mancini, the owners might not be happy but the fans seem happy.

All I am saying is we all need to have a massive push until the end of the season, if jones fails, then fine it's up to the board to act on it, in which I believe they will, however with nine games to go we just need to show them what Cardiff City fans are known for, making noise and supporting them regardless.

It's not a lot to ask for is it.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:06 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:I have for the past few weeks witnessed a massive change to this website and the attitude and thoughts of some of the fans.

The amount of negative thoughts and quite stupid posts are making us a mockery of both the championship and to our selves.

Before you all start I have been a season ticket holder for 11 years and would rather 3000 at home to Rochdale than the recent trash we have at home games. Why can't we support what we have, get behind the team, yes the last few games have been poor, but the jacks have mirrored our form in the past 3 games, yet you don't see them calling for Brendans head. It really has to stop and stop now, the moderators of this site have a role to play also, people have there right to say what they feel but leave some of it off this site as others fans from other teams must think what a bunch of wankers we are.

Nine games to go, if we finish in the play offs, then so be it, I have yet again bought my season tickets for next year, I'm sure if we don't go up I can bet you that 1000s will turn there back on this club, let's get behind them and get the CCS rocking because on Sunday it was like a bloody wake.

I'm sure if we were at NP it may have been different but we would not have had the financial clout we have been having.

Come on city fans, we are much better and much bigger than this..

Were you at the game? I can tell you it was far from a wake when we scored our second goal and the CCS was rocking but after just 4 mins we had the stuffing knocked out of us again.I have given Jones enough fresh starts but the last 3 games have convinced me that he has to go.The only fresh start I want to see at the CCS is a new manager who actually gives a shyte.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:11 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:I have for the past few weeks witnessed a massive change to this website and the attitude and thoughts of some of the fans.

Yes I was at the game, but there you have the answer to your question. If you remember the promotion with eddie, or the promotion with lennie, the fans believed it, excited by it, didn't have any doubt about the QPR game at the mill stad, always knew it, yet barnsley score two equalisers and fans turn on us, the boo boys have to stop, all I heard was fans calling players wankers and god knows what else.

I just think expectations at the club are too great bearing in mind in summer 2010 the club was almost gone.

Were you at the game? I can tell you it was far from a wake when we scored our second goal and the CCS was rocking but after just 4 mins we had the stuffing knocked out of us again.I have given Jones enough fresh starts but the last 3 games have convinced me that he has to go.The only fresh start I want to see at the CCS is a new manager who actually gives a shyte.