Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Did we just witness the difference live on TV?

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:51 pm

Norwich 3 - 1 Brizzle: Did we just witness the difference between Norwich or an automatic promotion side, and us?

In saying this I'm not referring to their ability to manage the pressure or manufacture a win in front of a full house & the cameras, nor the teams resolve never to give up until the very last second whilst working flat out for each other.

No, im referring to Paul Lambert being shown quite clearly walking around the pitch to acknowledge all stands and areas of the ground to applaud their support accompanied with a few senior players. This is a direct reflection of a club where its staff, player base, and fans are moving in unison to create a formidable promotion push - which is in stark contrast to the arrogance and total detatchment cascaded through all levels we get to witness when we go to support our club on match day.

We can only look on in envy...

Re: Did we just witness the difference live on TV?

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Spot on mate.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:56 pm

excellent post

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:03 pm

Spot on.You hit the nail on the head, they are all in it together. Jones does not even acknowledge us most of the time yet we give the team unconditional support which is sadly a one way thing.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:04 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39566

I agree with you :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:14 pm

Totaly agree Norwich showed passion and they def got the balls for the fight, unlike a lot of our players and management :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:15 pm

I found it dificult to watch tonight...in terms of feel good factor and enthusiasm we seem to be light years behind the teams around us. Frustrating is not the word

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:55 pm

Theres also been a fair bit of talk attributing our lack of percieved lack of passion/ work rate etc to the high proportion of loan players we have. However did you see Henri Lansbury tonight? His performance, endeavour and posy match interview & lap of honour. They set so many examples tonight imo

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:11 pm

JonScam wrote:Norwich 3 - 1 Brizzle: Did we just witness the difference between Norwich or an automatic promotion side, and us?

In saying this I'm not referring to their ability to manage the pressure or manufacture a win in front of a full house & the cameras, nor the teams resolve never to give up until the very last second whilst working flat out for each other.

No, im referring to Paul Lambert being shown quite clearly walking around the pitch to acknowledge all stands and areas of the ground to applaud their support accompanied with a few senior players. This is a direct reflection of a club where its staff, player base, and fans are moving in unison to create a formidable promotion push - which is in stark contrast to the arrogance and total detatchment cascaded through all levels we get to witness when we go to support our club on match day.

totally agree. Major issue for the club. They actually seem like they don't even like their own fans.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:21 pm

JonScam wrote:Norwich 3 - 1 Brizzle: Did we just witness the difference between Norwich or an automatic promotion side, and us?

the reason for this is our anti english fans who slag off their players ... i mean i'm not surprised we have a shit relationship with the team..
also the fact their playing for a welsh club majority of english dont even wana see a welsh club in the premier including palyers

who have been our most passionate players over the years?

earnshaw, kav, scott young, willie boland, mcphail, mcnaughton, ledley, ross mackormack, andy legg, quinn of recent..any of the only player who claps the suppoort is keinan who coincidingly is from israel...
:? :?

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:22 pm

ill be honest I dont get the need to be loved by the manager, I couldnt care less what he thought of me or the other fans in the ground. I have no need to be loved by him or applauded by him in the slightest. It makes no difference, sure it would be nice if he was grateful when you make a long away trip but I still sleep at night if he gives a clap or not.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:26 pm

2blue2handle wrote:ill be honest I dont get the need to be loved by the manager, I couldnt care less what he thought of me or the other fans in the ground. I have no need to be loved by him or applauded by him in the slightest. It makes no difference, sure it would be nice if he was grateful when you make a long away trip but I still sleep at night if he gives a clap or not.

I think you are completely missing the point. We are supposed to all be in this together but its a one way street with Jones.The players and Jones should applaud the fans as respect is a 2 way thing.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:27 pm

It makes sense and it don't. Jones aint like that and if you lot keep banging on about it, it will only get worse imo

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:28 pm

2blue2handle wrote:ill be honest I dont get the need to be loved by the manager, I couldnt care less what he thought of me or the other fans in the ground. I have no need to be loved by him or applauded by him in the slightest. It makes no difference, sure it would be nice if he was grateful when you make a long away trip but I still sleep at night if he gives a clap or not.

I think you are completely missing the point. We are supposed to all be in this together but its a one way street with Jones.The players and Jones should applaud the fans as respect is a 2 way thing.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:29 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

Who are together? one way street for Jones? he complemented the fans getting behind the team this week which IMO is crazy as the vast majority werent. The fans in general are lacking support massively, if I was a CCFC player now like hell I would clap the fans.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:37 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Who are together? one way street for Jones? he complemented the fans getting behind the team this week which IMO is crazy as the vast majority werent. The fans in general are lacking support massively, if I was a CCFC player now like hell I would clap the fans.

Jones has stated time and time again we are in this together and has enjoyed the support of us fans but he does not appreciate us.To say we are lacking in support is not true. After our second goal the whole of the CCS was rocking until some 4 mins later we had the stuffing knocked out of us again.The support is equal to the effort shown by the team and Jones which has been severley lacking lately. If they pull their fingers out then the fans will respond in bucketloads.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:41 pm

Jones has stated time and time again we are in this together and has enjoyed the support of us fans but he does not appreciate us.To say we are lacking in support is not true. After our second goal the whole of the CCS was rocking until some 4 mins later we had the stuffing knocked out of us again.The support is equal to the effort shown by the team and Jones which has been severley lacking lately. If they pull their fingers out then the fans will respond in bucketloads.

Sorry I misunderstood, I thought you meant real support, not getting behind the team for 5 minutes after we score :roll:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:43 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Sorry I misunderstood, I thought you meant real support, not getting behind the team for 5 minutes after we score :roll:

I love it when posters can't put a good argument together and have to resort to sarcasm.It is the lowest form of witt you know.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:48 pm

I dont care what it is, if you think having a cheer after you score is good support then im worried.
IMO the "support" this club has got for the majority of this season at home has been a disgrace and while I can tolerate it being quite the abuse players have got in recent weeks is nothing short of a disgrace. Palace away was the first time ive ever felt it transmit to an away game as well with players being abused as early as 10mins in.
I used to think we had the best fans in the world....then I thought we had just the best away fans....now I dont think a lot of either to be honest. The pressure is getting to the manager, fans and even more so the fans.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I dont care what it is, if you think having a cheer after you score is good support then im worried.
IMO the "support" this club has got for the majority of this season at home has been a disgrace and while I can tolerate it being quite the abuse players have got in recent weeks is nothing short of a disgrace. Palace away was the first time ive ever felt it transmit to an away game as well with players being abused as early as 10mins in.
I used to think we had the best fans in the world....then I thought we had just the best away fans....now I dont think a lot of either to be honest. The pressure is getting to the manager, fans and even more so the fans.

It would be nice though if Jones and the team gave us something to cheer about dont you think.Its not as easy as summing it up as supporting the lads for 90 mins, Its about the wasted opportunity that we have all but blown this year. Jones has been given everything he wanted ,the facilities and the players so its no wonder that fans are disgruntled at how he has got them playing.You must remember that we have given him chance after chance only to be let down and the last 3 matches are the final straw for some fans but it does not make them less of a fan than you in my opinion.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:05 am

We created enough chances to win all 3 games easily, if players dont take the chances is it jones fault? The equaliser against Barsnely would that be Jones fault? I would say no.

Now I agree our fans need something special to support the team but it wasnt always like that. Im used to a lot worse than what ive seen the last 3 games thats for sure. I have never said it makes anyone less than a fan than another, people pay they can do what they want but if they think its helpful to the cause or promotion then IMO they are very very wrong.

This thing about Jones getting everything is nonsense as well, yes its his best squad and yes he has had wages as usual but in terms of transfer fees...100k is it for Parkin?
Didnt he want Vaughan, Routledge, Loovens and they are the ones we know about.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:14 am

2blue2handle wrote:We created enough chances to win all 3 games easily, if players dont take the chances is it jones fault? The equaliser against Barsnely would that be Jones fault? I would say no.

Now I agree our fans need something special to support the team but it wasnt always like that. Im used to a lot worse than what ive seen the last 3 games thats for sure. I have never said it makes anyone less than a fan than another, people pay they can do what they want but if they think its helpful to the cause or promotion then IMO they are very very wrong.

This thing about Jones getting everything is nonsense as well, yes its his best squad and yes he has had wages as usual but in terms of transfer fees...100k is it for Parkin?

Jones has had everything. He has the best facilities in the championship with the Vale hotel set up. He has the biggest wage in the championship.The best squad he has ever assembled (his own words) and he has failed to produce a team capable of playing consistent football. I don't think our failings can be blamed on the fans so the buck stops with him, its as simple as that.The fans frustration will only grow from now on so the only way forward is to let him go and try and rescue the rest of the season if its not to late.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:17 am

It was only brizzle city

Remember this 0-2 down after 8 minutes and we won 3-2

We did see the difference tonight

Team and fans as one.

Do there fans slag the players off when they lose.
Perhaps we should shut the message boards down for the rest of the season.
I’m as bad as the next guy but I'm beginning to think we are
OTT.
SECRETLY WE ALL BELIEVE WHAT SAM SAID WE ARE BIGGER THAN Barcelona
Players who have got stick like Ledley have pissed off to other clubs. Jay and Burke will be next.
We are legends in our own minds

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:20 am

stickywicket wrote:It was only brizzle city

Team and fans as one.

OTT.
Players who have got stick like Ledley have pissed off to other clubs. Jay and Burke will be next.

Perhaps we should lower our ambitions then?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:23 am

Bluebird64 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:It was only brizzle city

Team and fans as one.

OTT.

Perhaps we should lower our ambitions then?

Don't know.Sometimes I think we are Jinxed.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:24 am

Bluebird64 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:We created enough chances to win all 3 games easily, if players dont take the chances is it jones fault? The equaliser against Barsnely would that be Jones fault? I would say no.

Jones has had everything. He has the best facilities in the championship with the Vale hotel set up. He has the biggest wage in the championship.The best squad he has ever assembled (his own words) and he has failed to produce a team capable of playing consistent football. I don't think our failings can be blamed on the fans so the buck stops with him, its as simple as that.The fans frustration will only grow from now on so the only way forward is to let him go and try and rescue the rest of the season if its not to late.

Who said the buck stops with the fans? If you go back to my first message you will see I said its down to the manager, players and fans, none have been good enough. My point is the fans this season have not helped in the slightest like they would have in previous seasons. IMO the fans have had negative effect on the playing squad in home games especially.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:34 am

You have misread my note as I only said that the buck stops with him (Jones). Anyway if I was playing for Cardiff and the crowd got on my case I would at least look at myself and try and correct any mistakes that caused that reaction.To suggest that our support has not been good enough is an insult to me and other fans who have never booed and followed every away game.I just wish you were as critical of Jones as you are of our loyal fans.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:27 am

Nothing to do with individual fans, I know we have some brilliant fans but in general of the 20k+ of fans in home games its been poor and thats nothing to do with CCS its even poor compared to last season

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:33 am

Bluebird64 wrote:You have misread my note as I only said that the buck stops with him (Jones). Anyway if I was playing for Cardiff and the crowd got on my case I would at least look at myself and try and correct any mistakes that caused that reaction.To suggest that our support has not been good enough is an insult to me and other fans who have never booed and followed every away game.I just wish you were as critical of Jones as you are of our loyal fans.

:ayatollah: The atmosphere we have generated this season could only be deemed by when judged against our own standards. When you compare it to other Championship grounds we're still in the top bracket even if we've felt we were crap. Norwich last night was lime a morgue 90% of the time, however the players and management still did the lap of honours - DJ and his lot dont know what they got here imo